jeremyp
Philosopher
British nationals get one automatically without making an application as long as they get a state pension or other benefit i.e. as long as the government knows how old they are and has a current address.I'm suspicious, the closest thing to a comment from Buck House is a generic statement on cards, the way I read it is that this documentation is requested when the card is to be sent overseas. The cards aren't sent automatically, they have to be applied for and it doesn't explicitly say they put in a request and were rejected just that he "didn't get one". Call me a cynic, but is it just possible that that they've never applied and gone running to the press rather than checking the procedure?
Get a birthday or anniversary message from the King
Get a message (telegram) from the King and the Queen Consort - birthdays and anniversaries that qualify, documents you need.
I suspect that, in this case, it wasn't obvious he is a British national.
