Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
Yeah, but you said something completely different. You said "where's the brass there's muck".![]()
If you had any honesty you would know I corrected it shortly afterwards.
Yeah, but you said something completely different. You said "where's the brass there's muck".![]()
When I looked up my other phrase, 'gilding the lily' which I said Smart Cooky was doing with his 19,000 burning cars I was surprised to see modern day google saying it means, 'do not paint the flower as it is beautiful enough already' (...as if that is what people do).
You've never heard of 'gilding the lily' (gild = to make golden)? It is a common phrase oft used in the legal profession to mean over-egging the pudding, or embellishment to make something sound better.
Have a look at this at 0:12 onwards.
https://youtu.be/ccF4xOk5ruY?si=-tj84H9GCX-5spts
Luton Airport fire: Car in flames hours before car park collapses
It's the DAILY TELEGRAPH which is deemed to be a reliable source of information.
Er, the person who posted the video CLAIMS to be able to read the numberplate, although nobody else can.
https://x.com/sam35634560605/status/1712190548046450723
Note this guy has zero followers.
Feel free to point me to a reputable news outlet or broadcaster who has shared this - what should be a highly-sought-after - video.
If you had any honesty you would know I corrected it shortly afterwards.
That is because a Romanian lady who happened to be there, took a video of the back of the vehicle on her smart phone, and this was widely used in the national press and BBC et al as the possible offending vehicle.
This video came out AFTER Andrew Hopkinson of Beds Fire & Rescue Service saying it was believed to be a diesel as of this stage subject to verification.
The video LOOKS like a thermal runaway taking place, and not a fuel tank explosion, as suggested by the Romanian lady.
Simply repeating the same sentence by Mr. Hoskinson over and over, doesn't change its original meaning.
If you had any honesty you would know I corrected it shortly afterwards.
It's the DAILY TELEGRAPH which is deemed to be a reliable source of information.
Incidentally, we in the trades also use the phrase "polishing the cannonball" to have a related meaning. Spherical cannonballs that acquire corrosion while on deck do not fly straight. It was common therefore to set idlers to chipping the corrosion away, to restore the spherical shape. However, hypothetically polishing the cannonball is not deemed to achieve a measurably incremental improvement in trajectory, but would come at considerable effort. It stands therefore as a metaphor for realizing when additional effort ceases to be justified by commensurate improvements in outcome.
However, hypothetically polishing the cannonball is not deemed to achieve a measurably incremental improvement in trajectory, but would come at considerable effort. It stands therefore as a metaphor for realizing when additional effort ceases to be justified by commensurate improvements in outcome.
Is it?
Why not go to the primary source, the actual fire service involved. They have said it was a diesel car and not an EV.
Coincidentally in my part of the world we frequently use the expression “polishing a turd” to describe activities that require effort for no possible benefit.
If you had any honesty you would know I corrected it shortly afterwards.
If you had any honesty you would know that I corrected it, not you.
Could you please point out the "highly directional, jet-like flames" in that video?
If I were trying to sow disinformation and I made a fake video to do that, I think I'd make the plate legible.
So, our conclusion is that Hopkinson didn't rely on the video as evidence that the vehicle was a diesel. Maybe, just maybe, he had other evidence. Perhaps someone in the fire department had spoken with the owner and confirmed that, or some firemen were close enough to see the vehicle and the nature of the fire or there was some other evidence that strongly implied the vehicle was a diesel.
Or, of course, his handlers told him to say it was believed to be a diesel. These same handlers, mind you, have not noticed that the press release of March 21 went too far and sacrificed any hope of plausible deniability by stating without caveat that it was a diesel and not a hybrid or EV.
If you had any honesty you would know I corrected it shortly afterwards.
Just where the passenger seat area is to the left and at the front. (Remember, this is the UK, with a different side drive).
And I responded by return:
https://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=14315550#post14315550