p0lka
Illuminator
/me waves there are no droids hereFor example:
See what I mean?
/me waves there are no droids hereFor example:
See what I mean?
If you are outright rejecting gender as a concept (which I agree with) because of the reasons you stated,
then why immediately go with another label that will just cause similar issues?
It's the categorising and labelling which is the actual problem.
Why do bigots find gender identity so confusing?
It simply means the immutable yet fluid feeling that one is male or female or neither or both based on conceptions of masculinity and femininity that are innate but also social constructs that don’t exist.
This really isn’t hard.
I agree, gender is a variable, sex is a constant.Gender and sex are different. I reject gender; I do not reject sex. Sex is a real, objective, physical state of being, and has very significant impacts on our lives.
I agree, gender is a variable, sex is a constant.
Why make labels though?, it makes the issue worse?
you did this 'Sometimes Male-Exclusionary Normal Female.'
for instance.
it's just labelling again, we have to get rid of the "we have to conform" *****,
I agree, gender is a variable, sex is a constant.
Why make labels though?, it makes the issue worse?
you did this 'Sometimes Male-Exclusionary Normal Female.'
for instance.
it's just labelling again, we have to get rid of the "we have to conform" *****,
Yeah, it seems that when I post about gender, other people think I'm talking about sex. And the reverse of course.
Easiest way to solve that problem is to stop talking about gender and stick to talking about sex.
You do you, boo.
But men can have babies and women can have penises.![]()
You are wrong.
This is another case of you assuming that what you think *ought* to be how it works, actually *is* how it works, and just running with it without bothering to check.
CDC Statement on Pregnancy Health Advisory refers to "pregnant people" and doesn't use the terms "woman" or "female anywhere.
Breastfeeding and Caring for Newborns if You Have COVID-19 keeps the term "breastfeeding", but throughout it refers to "pregnant people" and "birth parent", never to "women".
Health Affairs Centering The Needs Of Birthing People During The COVID-19 Pandemic
People born biological female can have babies. People born biological male can have penises.
Anything else requires surgical intervention.
Oh, great question, LJ - how will prisons cope with people who might be subjected to violence and abuse by other prisoners? Real tough one...
Aside from the blindingly obvious fact that prisons are actually quite adept at keeping various types of prisoners apart, which is why they don't have dead pedophiles turning up every day.
This IS lexicography class all over again.
"A woman is a person who BELIEVES that their more comfortable in a female body rather than a male body."
I'm sure this will go over well.
So if it's a "real tough one" (and I assume you're being sarcastic there),...
...what's your answer to the question "where* should transwomen prisoners be housed?"?
Because if your answer is "always in men's prisons"...
If I saw a public health statement on, say, prostate cancer .
Nope.
It's anti-Hubbard animus.
I believe - and men's weightlifting is a sport I've been close to for 50 years - that Hubbard exploited the rules and is not a genuine trans woman.
Supported by its jillionaire daddy, Hubbard had never done a day's work in its life, spending all its time training to break into the top echelon of men's weightlifting. And fail.
In a remarkable coincidence, Hubbard decided it was a woman shortly after men were allowed to compete against women. I'm just thankful the rule change didn't happen at an earlier age, or it would hold unbeatable records in all weightlifting disciplines. Well, unbeatable until the next bloke pulled on panties.
But you haven't.
Are you not concerned that there is a double standard being applied?