• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Ed The Cuomo Scandal.

I'm halfway tempted to think he's hoping two weeks is long enough for another crisis of the moment to happen and distract the public from him.

But this a legal matter now, not just a PR crisis and those batteries don't run if you stall long enough.
 
It's a good thing that he resigned rather than putting the state through an impeachment. Too bad someone else didn't do the same, but then again, Cuomo didn't have his party standing behind and lying for him claiming he didn't do anything wrong.
 
If he really wanted to keep the job, he could have given a two weeks notice of changing to the Republican party.
 
Two weeks notice is a professional courtesy when resigning from a job.

It's doubtful the notice is necessary. Although he may be doing it for his staff. The incoming Governor will have his/her own staff.

Does the Lt Governor take his place in NY?
 
Does the Lt Governor take his place in NY?


Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul will take the office in 14 days, effective Governor Cuomo's resignation taking effect.

I don't know if there will be a special election or if she's just serve out his term. (His political term that is.)
 
I wonder what happened to make him go "I will fight to the end" to Resignation in just a few hours. I got a feeling we might be in for some more bombshells about Cuomo.
 
And isn't that Italian Gangster the one who got 1000's of deaths in nursing homes...this has been thrown under the rug for the touchy feely scandal.

So every prominent Italian is in the Mafia. Nice.Bigotry noted.
Cuomo is scum, but I have not seen any proof he is involved with La COstra Nostra.
 
Isn't that standard for people who lie as a matter of course?

Yeah, but still, I suspect he found out that more damaging stuff is on it's way.........
I thought he would quit, but then after reading about him I though he might just fight to the end.
 
I admit I had never heard of Future Governor Hochul until now, being on the opposite end of the country (but then how many Lt.Governors has anybody outside their state heard of until they become governor?)

Despite the name, she is Like Biden, an Irish Catholic on both sides. Damn it, those Micks are taking over the country......
 
I wonder what happened to make him go "I will fight to the end" to Resignation in just a few hours. I got a feeling we might be in for some more bombshells about Cuomo.

There are reports that other women are contacting the AG. The real issue is that he was certain to be impeached and suspended from office, and the resulting trial and investigation would go on for months, even if he wasn't ultimately removed. He obviously decided that's not how he wanted to spend the rest of the year or more.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom