Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
It's true the abortion bill has nothing to do with Trump, but I would say Ducey is flouting Trump by refusing to call the National Guard or state police to somehow protect the vote recount. It does my heart good because I love to see Republicans at each other's throats.
Governors are maybe a little less insane than Republican state legislators, who almost always seem dreadful to me. Maybe because the governors have to win statewide races instead of just their own custom gerrymandered districts. However I think the abortion bill sucks. How convenient that embryos don't have civil rights until they are implanted in a uterus. If it gets crowded in there, do the embryos to be culled have civil rights? I'm betting not, but that is OT for this thread.
ETA: He also went out of his way to praise the state Senate's president, perhaps trying to thread the needle of promoting conservative causes while ignoring Trump.
Perhaps he just doesn't want to look like a damned fool calling them out to "protect" something that is in no danger. It's nothing but a stunt to make it appear that the recount is in danger from the Dems who are trying to hide the 'election fraud'. If Ducey were to do that, he'd be giving credibility to their claims.