• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump and Melania test positive test positive for Covid 19

The trouble is that a landslide defeat will be proof positive of voter fraud on an industrial scale as far as the GOP is concerned.

IMO they will then seek to have the result amended. I can see them:

  • Seeking to have postal ballots, or postal ballots in certain districts excluded from the count (absentee ballots will of course be fine :rolleyes:)
  • Questioning results from minority districts where voter turnout is higher than normal
  • Getting friendly courts and state legislatures to put aside the results
  • Recounting based on much smaller vote tallies - and strangely enough overturning the original results
  • Use all of this to further suppress the vote in minority and Democratic leaning districts

Sure, but whatever happens it's going to be a ********. I said the "best option" not a "good option".

It's just that I'll take that particular ******** over the ******** of either a close-run election or the Republicans winning.
 
FWIW, I'm not American but I do care who wins the election because the current administration is, amongst other things, killing people and rolling back human rights and I don't just care about things that affect me personally and directly.
 
Only if people believe that. But frankly, the way things are going, wouldn't most people be able to accept that Trump has basically gone loopy anyway?

Doesn't matter what people believe, it's what the GOP thinks they can get away with. :mad:
 
What does conservative even mean here? What does Trump have in common with McCain, the Bushes, Romney, Reagan, even Nixon? Let's not overthink this. Trump hates the people his base hates, and he says so out loud. That's all it takes.


They probably all say it out loud when they think they aren't being recorded:
SECRET VIDEO: Romney Tells Millionaire Donors What He REALLY Thinks of Obama Voters
When he doesn’t know a camera’s rolling, the GOP candidate shows his disdain for half of America
(MotherJones, Sep. 17, 2012)
 
Here is what I saw in the video of Trump on the balcony.

Visible chest wall rise and fall, open mouth breathing and rapid, shallow breaths.
 
I also often hang around in pubs, telling everyone I don't drink beer and wondering why they do.
I'm thinking that oddly sounded profound in your head when you thought of it.

But just got lost along the way.
 
Two of Kayleigh McEnany’s deputies in the press shop have now tested positive as well, CNN has confirmed.
 
FWIW, I'm not American but I do care who wins the election because the current administration is, amongst other things, killing people and rolling back human rights and I don't just care about things that affect me personally and directly.
Why?

Neither of us can vote and the idiot looks like he is dying in the polls
 
Dr Conley looks good for the job.
He just claimed the POTUS wasn't on any antipyretic meds. So dexamethasone doesn't mask a fever? :rolleyes:

I thought the same thing.

I thought it because as he stood there at the presser, framed on either side by two doctors, that he didn't look like a real doctor, but instead he looked exactly like somebody who plays one on TV.

ETA: I wonder if that's why he got the job?
 
Last edited:
cullennz said:
I see you are back to thinking I give a **** who runs the US
timhau said:
I also often hang around in pubs, telling everyone I don't drink beer and wondering why they do.
I'm thinking that oddly sounded profound in your head when you thought of it.

But just got lost along the way.
I imagine it would probably sound somewhat more profound to you had you remembered which forum you're posting in. Presuming you have at least some vague understanding of the concept in the first place.
 
"Mr Trump wore a mask as he walked out of the helicopter that flew him back from a military hospital outside Washington and climbed the stairs of the White House South Portico, where he removed it and posed for pictures, waving, saluting and giving thumbs-up signs.

He then turned to walk into the White House, his mask still in his pocket, TV footage showed.

"Don't let it dominate you. Don't be afraid of it," Mr Trump said in a recorded video message. "We're going back, we're going back to work. We're going to be out front. ... Don't let it dominate your lives. Get out there, be careful."

Mr Trump's nonchalant message about not fearing the virus has alarmed infectious disease experts.

"We have to be realistic in this: Covid is a complete threat to the American population," Dr. David Nace of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, said of Mr Trump's comment."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/worl...ns-to-get-out-there/ar-BB19JKGE?ocid=msedgdhp
 
I imagine it would probably sound somewhat more profound to you had you remembered which forum you're posting in. Presuming you have at least some vague understanding of the concept in the first place.
I know perfectly well which forum. Just don't know what pubs have to do with it.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom