Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing
- Joined
- Dec 29, 2010
- Messages
- 32,124
The trouble is that a landslide defeat will be proof positive of voter fraud on an industrial scale as far as the GOP is concerned.
IMO they will then seek to have the result amended. I can see them:
- Seeking to have postal ballots, or postal ballots in certain districts excluded from the count (absentee ballots will of course be fine
)
- Questioning results from minority districts where voter turnout is higher than normal
- Getting friendly courts and state legislatures to put aside the results
- Recounting based on much smaller vote tallies - and strangely enough overturning the original results
- Use all of this to further suppress the vote in minority and Democratic leaning districts
Only if people believe that. But frankly, the way things are going, wouldn't most people be able to accept that Trump has basically gone loopy anyway?
What does conservative even mean here? What does Trump have in common with McCain, the Bushes, Romney, Reagan, even Nixon? Let's not overthink this. Trump hates the people his base hates, and he says so out loud. That's all it takes.
I see you are back to thinking I give a **** who runs the US
Here is what I saw in the video of Trump on the balcony.
Visible chest wall rise and fall, open mouth breathing and rapid, shallow breaths.
Remind her of Proverbs 16:18.
I'm thinking that oddly sounded profound in your head when you thought of it.I also often hang around in pubs, telling everyone I don't drink beer and wondering why they do.
Why?FWIW, I'm not American but I do care who wins the election because the current administration is, amongst other things, killing people and rolling back human rights and I don't just care about things that affect me personally and directly.
Dr Conley looks good for the job.
He just claimed the POTUS wasn't on any antipyretic meds. So dexamethasone doesn't mask a fever?![]()
Donald Sr. acting crazy? Is that a double negative?
cullennz said:I see you are back to thinking I give a **** who runs the US
timhau said:I also often hang around in pubs, telling everyone I don't drink beer and wondering why they do.
I imagine it would probably sound somewhat more profound to you had you remembered which forum you're posting in. Presuming you have at least some vague understanding of the concept in the first place.I'm thinking that oddly sounded profound in your head when you thought of it.
But just got lost along the way.
Why?
Do we have zero control over it?Why do I care about things that don't affect me personally or directly but do have seriously negatively affect people who are not me? Because I'm not a sociopath.
I know perfectly well which forum. Just don't know what pubs have to do with it.I imagine it would probably sound somewhat more profound to you had you remembered which forum you're posting in. Presuming you have at least some vague understanding of the concept in the first place.