• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump and Melania test positive test positive for Covid 19

Imagine that. Don Jr. the voice of reason.

I would guess that Don Jr is concerned about his inheritance. If it is true that Trump needs $300 million to refinance loans next year and if Trump is voted out and has age and post Covid on going symptoms, then who is going to loan them $300 million? Don Jr will just be a civilian with no political influence to obtain a loan and without Trump, himself, they can't start a uber-conservative news network to compete with Fox.
 
Seriously? Are they actually going to let him do the debate?

Is he going to be a glass case to prevent him spreading the virus or are they going to let him raw dog it as he vomits out his nonsense in front of Biden and an audience?

I think they, whoever they is, will need to change to a virtual format, where Trump, Biden, and the moderator are all in different locations.

The second debate was supposed to be a "town hall" style debate, but they can't do that I think unless it's done by Zoom or something like that.

I just saw the following headline:

You can preorder a $100 'Trump defeats COVID' commemorative coin at White House Gift Shop
 
I think they, whoever they is, will need to change to a virtual format, where Trump, Biden, and the moderator are all in different locations.

The second debate was supposed to be a "town hall" style debate, but they can't do that I think unless it's done by Zoom or something like that.

They can also mute Trump while Biden is speaking.
 
Arizona Green Tea, please, zero-calorie if you have it, but with honey is ok if you don't. I don't like weird stuff like cauliflower and avocado, but not really particular other than that.

Seriously, though...IMO, to counter Trump's "don't be afraid, don't let it dominate your life" with "210,000 dead" is going down the path they want you (the editorial "you," not the you "you") to take; it's not technically incorrect to point out that that number is only a fraction of the cases, not to mention the population, so the chances of dying from the virus are really small; and "technically correct" is, as we all know, the best kind. But if you point out that Trump is not an exemplar of the kind of treatment most people can expect for the disease, and definitely not representative of the kind of cost most folks can expect from it, there's a chance you can get through to them. Not likely, maybe, but at least a chance, since almost everyone has experience of looking at a hospital bill and screaming "what the ****!!??!?!??" And if you have no insurance? Hell, even if you do, the cost would be pretty high; if you don't...well, like I said, that's a cost that will dominate your life, even if you've crowed that you haven't let the virus dominate it.

I'm sorry, but you lost me after "no weird stuff like...avocado".

 
Isn't it interesting? My local Safeway does a better job protecting its employees from COVID then the White House.
 
John Kennedy just said on Fox, "It’s not nearly as lethal as the experts told us it would be,” when asked about President’s Trump’s COVID-19 infection.

My cousin Teresa, a devout Christian, might well believe that. Or would if she hadn't died on Easter Sunday of Covid-19, while Trump was wanting the churches to be packed and Republicans in her state were overriding orders against church services.

Dear Trumpublicans of the forum: **** you all very much.

ETA: 215,000 Americans have DIED of COVID-19. That's more than half the total of WWII in just seven months. Trump has spent that entire time trying to minimize the seriousness of it, including now that he himself has been infected. Are you still supporting him? You should be ashamed.
 
Last edited:
White House Gift Shop is a private company that isn't associated with the government or the White House.

The trouble is that it's in the White House Visitor Center run by the Park Service. It would look to most people like the products had the imprimatur of the US Government. Normally that's no big deal because pre-Trump they pretty much sold politically neutral stuff. I used to go there whenever I was in Washington during Christmas to buy the year's Christmas ornament designed with the input (to varying degrees) from the First Lady for my mother. I've never seen the kind of crap on their website now in the shop.
 
You can preorder a $100 'Trump defeats COVID' commemorative coin at White House Gift Shop


I seem to recall a picture of someone holding up a headline that said "Dewey Defeats Truman".

This disease has a horrible tendency to take a second turn for the worse, or to linger on for weeks with low level symptoms.

Anyway, I felt really bad about wishing the President ill when it came to his Covid infection, but the current state of things make me think that I wasn't such a bad guy after all. He seems to be really pushing the "I beat Covid so that proves there's nothing to worry about" line. If people believe him, a lot more will die. I think the country would have been better off if he had had a really bad case of it. There wouldn't be any way to spin it in a positive way then. I suppose we'll see. We get the President we deserve. If he's elected, that says something about us.
 
Last edited:
The trouble is that it's in the White House Visitor Center run by the Park Service. It would look to most people like the products had the imprimatur of the US Government. Normally that's no big deal because pre-Trump they pretty much sold politically neutral stuff. I used to go there whenever I was in Washington during Christmas to buy the year's Christmas ornament designed with the input (to varying degrees) from the First Lady for my mother. I've never seen the kind of crap on their website now in the shop.


You sure the souvenir shop in the Visitor Center is run by the White House Gift Shop? Sounds like they're entirely unrelated.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/white-house-gift-shop-covid-coins/
https://www.whitehousehistory.org/white-house-visitor-center
https://www.whitehousegiftshop.com/aboutus.asp

There is also a White House Gifts, unrelated to both.
https://www.whitehousegifts.com/
 
This may have been posted already. Apologies if it has, but Kayleigh McEnany tested positive today.
The coronavirus outbreak in the West Wing continued to spread on Monday, as the White House press secretary and two of her deputies joined the list of aides close to President Trump who tested positive for the virus, heightening fears that more cases are still to come. NY Times link
 
I seem to recall a picture of someone holding up a headline that said "Dewey Defeats Truman".

This disease has a horrible tendency to take a second turn for the worse, or to linger on for weeks with low level symptoms.

Anyway, I felt really bad about wishing the President ill when it came to his Covid infection, but the current state of things make me think that I wasn't such a bad guy after all. He seems to be really pushing the "I beat Covid so that proves there's nothing to worry about" line. If people believe him, a lot more will die. I think the country would have been better off if he had had a really bad case of it. There wouldn't be any way to spin it in a positive way then. I suppose we'll see. We get the President we deserve. If he's elected, that says something about us.

I want a relapse more than anything. If anyone deserved to be put on a ventilator more than Trump, I don't know who they are.
 
John Kennedy just said on Fox, "It’s not nearly as lethal as the experts told us it would be,” when asked about President’s Trump’s COVID-19 infection.

That would be right-wing Trumper senator John Kennedy, right? Not any real Kennedy.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom