• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump and Melania test positive test positive for Covid 19

He was very publicly hospitalized. For multiple days. Hard to sell that as mild.
 
There are some strange glitches in the video, either it has been edited to remove coughs or Trump has developed some weird mannerisms in his speech.
 
NEWS: One of Trump’s personal assistants has tested positive for coronavirus. Nick Luna, as bodyman, works in very close proximity to the president so it’s not surprising.
 
Last edited:
This is how it will play out, and I'll give my left nut for it to not go this way (pretty please? ) ...

Trump's condition follows the odds. Meaning he recovers with not much actual damage, and nothing long-lasting. He then tells the nation "See? I told you it wasn't worse than the flu and here I am to prove it!". He could easily excuse the evac et al as "I'm the President so they have to be overly paranoid about my health, even when I tell them not to be." He could even get bonus points for praising the apparatus which forced him, in a fit of over-caution, to head to the hospital when he really didn't need it.

The majority of people don't factor in 'best health care possible in the country, far above what I have access to', and start thinking that maybe this whole thing really is overblown. I know I'm tired as hell of having to mask up and sanitize down every time I go to the grocery store - think of how many people you know who feel the same way but wont make it past that 'but this is the way it has to be for now' hump.

Humans are rubbish at figuring odds. Case in point : Las Vegas. So seeing PotUS survive the infection will energize them to think there's nothing to worry about, especially since that aligns with their desire to get back to normal at last.

Re-election, second wave catastrophe. Cherries on that sundae are the financial ruin and collapse of the health care system.

I've been really wrong before. I watched the first debate between Trump and Clinton and texted a friend of mine "we just elected our first female President". I'd be really happy to be wrong about this, and maybe it's just the pessimist in me seeing the next four weeks right now. But, since I don't believe in a just or loving god, I think (worry) that Trump is going to come out of this ahead.

Will be delighted beyond measure to be proven wrong in the next few weeks.


He was very publicly hospitalized. For multiple days. Hard to sell that as mild.

He gets out of the hospital fine, and his supporters will see it the way Joe Random puts it. The people already planning to vote Biden will see it as vindication that Trump didn't take Covid seriously, but that doesn't change anyone's vote. The undecideds? I don't really know but at this point are there any left?

The election will simply(ETA: OK simply isn't the right word here) be about who gets out and votes, and whose votes will be tossed as invalid, state and federal court cases when Trump sues, whether State legislatures override their own popular vote, how the Supreme Court rules, and just WTF happens if Trump refuses to leave even if he loses the electoral vote.
 
Last edited:
Ivanka Trump tweeted
@IvankaTrump
· 2h
Spoke to my father again and he is as optimistic, thankful and strong as he looks and sounds in this message to America !!! twitter.com/realdonaldtrum…
 
It looks like Trump didn't want to go to the hospital. I wonder if they had to lay down a trail of Big Macs up the helicopter steps.
Marine One was idling on the South Lawn Friday as President Donald Trump's advisers were inside the White House making a last-minute push to get him to board the helicopter.

The President, who had recently tested positive for coronavirus, was reluctant to go to the hospital, multiple sources familiar with what happened later told CNN. Though Trump had developed symptoms and was now on experimental drugs, he didn't want to be "hospitalized," he said.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/03/politics/trump-covid-response/index.html
 
Last edited:
I'm not so sure.

Keep in mind that the election has started. Votes are being cast as we speak. The one issue above all that Trump trails Biden on imore than any other is on handling COVID which Trump trails by more than 10 points. By being hospitalized for a week, he has changed the story to an issue he loses. A story that will last for another week minimum.

So what if Trump recovers? He's not the only one who caught it. By Election Day the death toll is likely to be more than a quarter million people.

I want nothing more than for this to be true. Well, actually, more than anything else I want Kate Beckinsale to drive up to my apartment in a Mustang Shelby with a single malt in one hand and a pistol in the other, demanding I hop in the passenger seat to be her love slave in a remote Colorado mountains sex shack. But other than that I want the American electorate to finally get a sense of perspective. I just don't trust that they will.

I don't trust that enough people who haven't been directly affected will vote for sanity. Even if Trump suffocated in his own mucous from the virus, I don't trust that enough people will properly contextualize things to vote for sanity. After 2016 I'm not about to make a single prediction about how this country will vote.

But I will say this : if you live in New Mexico you can request an absentee ballot for any reason (or no reason) at all, and make your voice heard even from a distance. Since I was a teenager I've lived in a safe sate where I knew my vote had no chance of mattering in the end. But in 2020 it will matter, so all of you out there get your ballot and vote, FFS.
 
I want nothing more than for this to be true. Well, actually, more than anything else I want Kate Beckinsale to drive up to my apartment in a Mustang Shelby with a single malt in one hand and a pistol in the other, demanding I hop in the passenger seat to be her love slave in a remote Colorado mountains sex shack. But other than that I want the American electorate to finally get a sense of perspective. I just don't trust that they will.

I don't trust that enough people who haven't been directly affected will vote for sanity. Even if Trump suffocated in his own mucous from the virus, I don't trust that enough people will properly contextualize things to vote for sanity. After 2016 I'm not about to make a single prediction about how this country will vote.

But I will say this : if you live in New Mexico you can request an absentee ballot for any reason (or no reason) at all, and make your voice heard even from a distance. Since I was a teenager I've lived in a safe sate where I knew my vote had no chance of mattering in the end. But in 2020 it will matter, so all of you out there get your ballot and vote, FFS.

I understand the pessimism. I'll I'm saying is I don't believe Trump can effectively "spin" catching COVID with the general public. His supporters are lemmings and they'll believe anything Trump says.
 
My dad is 71, and while not as big as Trump, his BMI is around 28 or 29, and its the rare day he doesn't eat a hamburger, steak, or fried fish/chicken. His BP is just about perfect, he actually showed me his results. Its just fortunate genetics... unfortunately for me I think I inherited from my mom's side :/
Trump's BMI is closer to 35.
 
I'm not sure I can accept even the possibility it's 'a hoax,' but I see the benefit. His demented behavior at the debate has been forgotten as have the New York Times tax stories. Gone, vanished, like none of it ever happened.

I promise you that your AG has not forgotten about this!
 
... But I will say this : if you live in New Mexico you can request an absentee ballot for any reason (or no reason) at all, and make your voice heard even from a distance. Since I was a teenager I've lived in a safe sate where I knew my vote had no chance of mattering in the end. But in 2020 it will matter, so all of you out there get your ballot and vote, FFS.
Even people who live in states where the outcome is preordained should be sure to vote. The popular vote margin might matter this cycle, in terms of making it untenable for SCOTUS to pull shenanigans.
 
Even people who live in states where the outcome is preordained should be sure to vote. The popular vote margin might matter this cycle, in terms of making it untenable for SCOTUS to pull shenanigans.

Then again maybe not. It didn't matter in 2000.
 
Mark Meadows on Fox News: "I can tell you the biggest thing that we see is with no fever now, and with him doing really well with his oxygen saturation level -- yesterday morning we were concerned with that. He had a fever, and his blood oxygen level had dropped rapidly."
As to the fever: he is taking aspirin! But maybe the polyclonal passive immunity treatments are helping him.

In any case Meadows had to walk back his comments or else.
 
In 2016, Trumpers looked for every sign of infirmary on the part of HRC, and they do so now with Biden.
Now, the Media will do the same for Trump: how often/long does he golf? How long are his speeches? Can he speak loud enough so we can hear him over the helicopter blades?

I would be surprised if post-Covid Trump won't look very low-energy compared to before.
 
Update—25 positive #COVID19 tests in 2 days

Donald Trump
Melania Trump
Bill Stepien, Trump CM
Hope Hicks
Kellyanne Conway
Chris Christie
Sen Mike Lee
Sen Thom Tillis
Sen Ron Johnson
Ronna McDaniel
John Jenkins, Notre Dame president
3x WH reporters
11x Cleveland debate staff it is being reported.


The White House says Trump's doctor misspoke when he earlier said that the president was "72 hours" into his illness.

A White House official told reporters that Dr Sean Conley had meant to say that Trump was on "Day 3" of the infection, counting from Thursday evening.

Seventy-two hours would place the president's diagnosis on Wednesday morning before he travelled to Minnesota.

The White House also said that another member of Trump's medical team had meant to say that it was "Day 2" and not 48 hours since the experimental drug Regeneron was administered to Trump.

Social embed from twitter

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/memorandum-presidents-physician-100320/


That's the White House Physician's Timeline Clarification.


I'm curious... why was this particular event so egregious? They've had gatherings like that before. Maybe it's a particularly virulent strain of the virus?

Here is a picture of the "White House Super Spreader event". There was also an indoor period of the event. Notice many masks?

https://twitter.com/Amy_Siskind/status/1312417451368472584?s=20

[imgw=800]https://i.imgur.com/p2TsVUb.jpg[/imgw]


If I was just lying around mildly sick in bed with nothing to do and I liked to tweet I'd probably be tweeting right now.

Very good point.


There are some strange glitches in the video, either it has been edited to remove coughs or Trump has developed some weird mannerisms in his speech.

I noticed he sounded choked up and nasally, and seemed to be suppressing coughs (his shoulders raised a couple of times).
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom