• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump and Melania test positive test positive for Covid 19

WOW! Hate to say this. But I don't think much of your nephew.
Mom & I live on a campus for the elderly that is opening very gradually. Residents are now able to attend family gatherings if everyone wears a mask and observes social-distancing guidelines.

Sometimes I’m afraid my nephew is descending into full-on white supremacy, just because he ticks a number of boxes. I hope not, obviously.
 
Mom & I live on a campus for the elderly that is opening very gradually. Residents are now able to attend family gatherings if everyone wears a mask and observes social-distancing guidelines.

Sometimes I’m afraid my nephew is descending into full-on white supremacy, just because he ticks a number of boxes. I hope not, obviously.



Tell your nephew from me that he's a punk.

We recently moved my mom into an old age home, and after quarantining for her first two weeks there, she was just starting to get out and about and meet people, and then they had to go into a lockdown because a visiting nurse had tested positive. This sucks, but the facility has been taking a no-nonsense approach to this issue, as they should. The idea that everything my mom has put up with this past month could be wiped out because of a selfish jerk like your nephew pisses me off more than I can express.

Jerks like that are everything that's wrong with our society today.
 
Checkmite said:
What is it with the willingness of Trump’s doctors to lie in support of their patient? I know that they have to respect Trump’s privacy but do they have to serve as personal cheer leaders in a non-professional way?

However you spin Dr. Conley’s ra-ra comments they are clearly carefully worded to support Trump’s agenda. Just look at the attempt to skirt around the truth about oxygen. He chief of staff’s comments and Trump’s lack of tweets tell a much more complicated story.

Sean Conley is an osteopathic physician, not an M.D.
David Gorski, MD, PhD tweets:

"In the US, DOs are every bit the equivalent of MDs. Their postgraduate training is the same, and some of the best doctors I ever worked with were DOs."
 
Mark Meadows on Fox News: "I can tell you the biggest thing that we see is with no fever now, and with him doing really well with his oxygen saturation level -- yesterday morning we were concerned with that. He had a fever, and his blood oxygen level had dropped rapidly."
 
If Trump does recover quickly, I think it will be a huge boost and vindication for him.

"It's not that bad - I knew we had nothing to worry about, so open up schools and bars NOW!!"
 
Glad you're enjoying the best free healthcare by a veritable army of staff, you ******* enemy of the ACA. None of that for the plebes, eh, ya parasite.
It's worse than that.

NYMag Intelligencer
“We’re working very hard to get me all the way back,” he said, “I have to be back because we still have to make America great again.” Regarding him catching COVID-19, Trump offered a vague explanation:

This is something that happened, and it’s happened to millions of people all over the world — and I’m fighting for them. Not just in the U.S., I’m fighting for them all over the world. We’re gonna beat this coronavirus or whatever you want to call it. And we’re gonna beat it soundly.
:eusa_sick:


I think it is likely that Trump infected Hicks with coronavirus than the other way around
Based on what?
Emerging timelines.
I'm not so sure about this. Apparently there was a superspreader event on Sat, and how could Hicks have been reported ill while Trump only reporting being exposed?

More of this needs sorting out.


Do we think that was filmed yesterday at the White House?
It's possible but then Trump would have had to have thought this through ahead of time. Not likely.

A Deep Fake, possible. But Trump getting his **** together for a few minutes, I think that's likely.


My thought also. Again, it goes to body of work that I immediately think of the most deceptive option possible. No mention of all the other people that have been tested positive since yesterday, although that's not necessarily evidence. I'm just surprised that he'd bother to change out of a hospital gown back into the suite. And that he ordered someone to bring the flags in from somewhere else (on premises, probably). Of course, it's all image, ya know.
Yeah, where's the newspaper with today's date so we know it's real? :p


I'm not sure I can accept even the possibility it's 'a hoax,' but I see the benefit. His demented behavior at the debate has been forgotten as have the New York Times tax stories. Gone, vanished, like none of it ever happened.
Don't worry, there are still a few weeks left in the news cycle for some new revelation from the NYT re the taxes.


A couple more things that made me especially disgusted. McConnell claimed he had a call with the POTUS and they were doing the People's business. What a crock. And this crap, supposedly Trump had papers on his desk to review. Yeah like hell Trump does any work especially reading papers.:rolleyes:


Going back to my link at the top:
White House staff still haven’t been told what to do

The White House sought to keep the story [of Hope Hicks’s COVID-19 infection] from getting out, which meant keeping much of its own staff — who, like the president, had been exposed to Hicks — in the dark. …



“Ninety percent of the [White House] complex most certainly learned about it in the news, as has been the case ever since,” the senior [White House] official said. “There are reports that COVID is spreading like wildfire through the White House. There are hundreds and hundreds of people who work on-complex, some who have families with high-risk family members. Since this whole thing started, not one email has gone out to tell employees what to do or what’s going on.”

The senior official told Intelligencer that not only is there no reliable information flow internally regarding the president’s condition, but there’s also no reliable information about anything else. Even his most senior staffers find themselves in the same predicament as those on the outside looking in. An opaque system designed to protect the White House from negative press is backfiring. “I think most of it is paranoia about leaks,” the official said, “Yet … the leaks continue.”

And this:
On Friday, the Atlantic’s Peter Nicholas reported that it appeared as though nothing had changed at the White House, safety-wise, amid the outbreak:

When I visited the White House in August, no one checked to see if I was running a fever or suppressing a hacking cough as I passed through the security booth. The ritual was the same today: I showed up hours after we’d learned that President Donald Trump had tested positive for the coronavirus, yet no one asked about my health. Instead, I was simply searched for weapons and allowed in. …
The staff could wear masks if they wanted to.

This from the man who is working for the country and the world, fighting his COVID for us all.
 
Sen. Cassidy on Trump: "The president -- incredible resilience. You think of the stress he's been under the last 4 years. He does real well. You like to think those genes will tide him through ... he doesn't drink coffee, just a Diet Coke or 2. So a really remarkable metabolism."


it's a cult.
 
David Gorski, MD, PhD tweets:

"In the US, DOs are every bit the equivalent of MDs. Their postgraduate training is the same, and some of the best doctors I ever worked with were DOs."
I worked with one in a small hospital in Colorado. He was interchangeable with the docs, in fact much better than one who had a serious drinking problem.
 
Sen. Cassidy on Trump: "The president -- incredible resilience. You think of the stress he's been under the last 4 years. He does real well. You like to think those genes will tide him through ... he doesn't drink coffee, just a Diet Coke or 2. So a really remarkable metabolism."


it's a cult.
That reminds me of another lie from the presser this morning. Reporter asked about Trump's BP. He's supposedly not on any antihypertensives. Dr What'shisname claimed Trump's BP was fine, a systolic in the 120 range. No way in hell an overweight 74 yr old male has a systolic ~120! A thin 74 yr old female maybe, but not Trump in his shape.
 
I worked with one in a small hospital in Colorado. He was interchangeable with the docs, in fact much better than one who had a serious drinking problem.

Since the training and the qualifications are the same, it really seems to have become a distinction without a difference.
 
Jason Miller @realDonaldTrump 2020 Senior Advisor. tweeted

@JasonMillerinDC
One take, from the heart, no teleprompter.
Over to you, Sleepy Joe
 
That reminds me of another lie from the presser this morning. Reporter asked about Trump's BP. He's supposedly not on any antihypertensives. Dr What'shisname claimed Trump's BP was fine, a systolic in the 120 range. No way in hell an overweight 74 yr old male has a systolic ~120! A thin 74 yr old female maybe, but not Trump in his shape.

It was also a lie of omission.

What is Trumps diastolic blood pressure?
 
This is how it will play out, and I'll give my left nut for it to not go this way (pretty please? ) ...

Trump's condition follows the odds. Meaning he recovers with not much actual damage, and nothing long-lasting. He then tells the nation "See? I told you it wasn't worse than the flu and here I am to prove it!". He could easily excuse the evac et al as "I'm the President so they have to be overly paranoid about my health, even when I tell them not to be." He could even get bonus points for praising the apparatus which forced him, in a fit of over-caution, to head to the hospital when he really didn't need it.

The majority of people don't factor in 'best health care possible in the country, far above what I have access to', and start thinking that maybe this whole thing really is overblown. I know I'm tired as hell of having to mask up and sanitize down every time I go to the grocery store - think of how many people you know who feel the same way but wont make it past that 'but this is the way it has to be for now' hump.

Humans are rubbish at figuring odds. Case in point : Las Vegas. So seeing PotUS survive the infection will energize them to think there's nothing to worry about, especially since that aligns with their desire to get back to normal at last.

Re-election, second wave catastrophe. Cherries on that sundae are the financial ruin and collapse of the health care system.

I've been really wrong before. I watched the first debate between Trump and Clinton and texted a friend of mine "we just elected our first female President". I'd be really happy to be wrong about this, and maybe it's just the pessimist in me seeing the next four weeks right now. But, since I don't believe in a just or loving god, I think (worry) that Trump is going to come out of this ahead.

Will be delighted beyond measure to be proven wrong in the next few weeks.
 
​
This is how it will play out, and I'll give my left nut for it to not go this way (pretty please? ) ...

Trump's condition follows the odds. Meaning he recovers with not much actual damage, and nothing long-lasting. He then tells the nation "See? I told you it wasn't worse than the flu and here I am to prove it!".

But this is Trump, and he can't say that. If he beat something, then he beat something EPIC. It has to be a victory for the ages, not some ordinary feat of getting past a minor illness.
 
This is how it will play out, and I'll give my left nut for it to not go this way (pretty please? ) ...

Trump's condition follows the odds. Meaning he recovers with not much actual damage, and nothing long-lasting. He then tells the nation "See? I told you it wasn't worse than the flu and here I am to prove it!". He could easily excuse the evac et al as "I'm the President so they have to be overly paranoid about my health, even when I tell them not to be." He could even get bonus points for praising the apparatus which forced him, in a fit of over-caution, to head to the hospital when he really didn't need it.

The majority of people don't factor in 'best health care possible in the country, far above what I have access to', and start thinking that maybe this whole thing really is overblown. I know I'm tired as hell of having to mask up and sanitize down every time I go to the grocery store - think of how many people you know who feel the same way but wont make it past that 'but this is the way it has to be for now' hump.

Humans are rubbish at figuring odds. Case in point : Las Vegas. So seeing PotUS survive the infection will energize them to think there's nothing to worry about, especially since that aligns with their desire to get back to normal at last.

Re-election, second wave catastrophe. Cherries on that sundae are the financial ruin and collapse of the health care system.

I've been really wrong before. I watched the first debate between Trump and Clinton and texted a friend of mine "we just elected our first female President". I'd be really happy to be wrong about this, and maybe it's just the pessimist in me seeing the next four weeks right now. But, since I don't believe in a just or loving god, I think (worry) that Trump is going to come out of this ahead.

Will be delighted beyond measure to be proven wrong in the next few weeks.

I'm not so sure.

Keep in mind that the election has started. Votes are being cast as we speak. The one issue above all that Trump trails Biden on imore than any other is on handling COVID which Trump trails by more than 10 points. By being hospitalized for a week, he has changed the story to an issue he loses. A story that will last for another week minimum.

So what if Trump recovers? He's not the only one who caught it. By Election Day the death toll is likely to be more than a quarter million people.
 
That reminds me of another lie from the presser this morning. Reporter asked about Trump's BP. He's supposedly not on any antihypertensives. Dr What'shisname claimed Trump's BP was fine, a systolic in the 120 range. No way in hell an overweight 74 yr old male has a systolic ~120! A thin 74 yr old female maybe, but not Trump in his shape.

My dad is 71, and while not as big as Trump, his BMI is around 28 or 29, and its the rare day he doesn't eat a hamburger, steak, or fried fish/chicken. His BP is just about perfect, he actually showed me his results. Its just fortunate genetics... unfortunately for me I think I inherited from my mom's side :/
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom