• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump and Melania test positive test positive for Covid 19

After a good night's sleep where I had blissful dreams of Trump being on a ventilator, I'll say this: I don't want Trump to die. I want him to be on a ventilator for a couple weeks but to recover. I want him to suffer bigly the humiliation of a historically resounding electoral defeat...the likes of which the US has never seen...to put it in Trumpian terms. I want him to slink out of the WH and into the waiting arms of the Attorney General of the State of New York. I want him to be exposed for the cheat he is and always has been and I want him to finally suffer the consequences for his actions.
You know, this might have an additional benefit. If Trump is laid up in the hospital during or near the election, any uprising of armed idiot right-wingers will be damped down into a fizzle.
 
Old timers, gather round.

When Nixon was in rapidly worsening trouble, he developed phlebitis in his leg. It hurt a lot. Really, it did.

At the time, I thought about how a cur dog will fake a limp when he fears whipping.

It did him no good in the end.

I don't think I need to labor the point.
 
Old timers, gather round.

When Nixon was in rapidly worsening trouble, he developed phlebitis in his leg. It hurt a lot. Really, it did.

At the time, I thought about how a cur dog will fake a limp when he fears whipping.

It did him no good in the end.

I don't think I need to labor the point.


That might be plausible. But it means Trump is giving up his rallies, at least for a while. Would he pay that price? And Nixon's phlebitis got worse after he resigned and after he was pardoned, and it was a condition he had had previously. Hard to believe he and his docs made it up.
https://www.nytimes.com/1974/09/13/...rsen-his-emotional-state-is-nc-knownsome.html
 
Last edited:
The fact that:
1) Trump has not tweeted since yesterday,
2) that we've seen no video of him reassuring his supporters that he's tired but, nonetheless, 'hard at work' and
3) that he was whisked off to the hospital last spring on a Saturday along with his doctor for "an unscheduled 'routine health check up' because he had some extra time" and we all know that was a lie

I see no reason to believe anything coming out of the WH now about his condition. There is a long tradition of being lied to about the seriousness of the president's physical condition and I see no reason to believe that Trump....especially Trump... is any exception.

Just now: Trump being taken to Walter Reed.
 
I will admit to there being a certain sense of cosmic justice, maybe even serendipity, in Trump coming down with Covid but I can't get down with wishing death and severe debilitating illness on another human being. I wish him well and sincerely hope he finally ******* learns something from this, though I doubt it.


The problem with this attitude is that a serious case - at a minimum, a couple of weeks in the ICU, and probably not even that will be enough - is the only thing that could possibly make him actually learn anything. If he gets off easy, the only thing he'll "learn" is that he really does have "good genes" and that everyone who died of COVID were just a bunch of low-energy losers.



I'm getting a serious 1980's-style "The Premiere of the Soviet Union has a cold" vibe right now.


Yeah, for those looking for the lie in all this, lying about it not being so bad is far more likely than lying about having it in the first place. One lie makes him look weak, the other makes him look better than he is - honestly, which one do you think Trump would choose?
 
I don't like how we have to pretend like this isn't good news. I guess everyone can take the high road if they want, but it's also true that if anyone deserved to get Covid it's him
 
the uncorking of the champagne happened a bit earlier than expected. I'll have to go to the store and buy some more just in case. It is best to be prepared.
 
I honestly don't. I wouldn't lose any sleep or cry any tears should he end up in ICU as Boris did, but I think that him dying, while full of delicious irony, and maybe handing the Presidency to Nancy should Pence suffer from it too, it would most likely spark conspiracy theories of how the Democrats and Jews assassinated him, and I really don't want to dee him become the new JFK.

I understand the idea, but he and his worshippers are as much a threat to democracy as Mussolini, Hitler, Stalin, and Mao. They need to see their own suffer and die.

This is existential, not political
 
As of now, Marine One is sitting, and the props aren't spinning, so I'm guessing this is more out of precaution and not an outright emergency.
The proof will be, does he walk out to get on board, or are they going to cart him out like Hannibal Lecter?
 
Last edited:
In case you missed it: Trump being taken to Walter Reed
No wonder he hasn't tweeted. I wonder if he really did go downhill that fast or if they just want to give him all those IV treatments?

Trump being flown to military hospital for treatment of COVID-19
WASHINGTON (AP) - President Donald Trump will spend a "few days" at a military hospital after contracting COVID-19, the White House said Friday.

Trump was to depart the White House by helicopter late Friday for Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, a White House official said. The official said the visit was precautionary and that Trump would work from the hospital's presidential suite, which is equipped to allow him to continue his official duties.

Earlier Friday the White House said Trump remains "fatigued" and had been injected with an experimental antibody cocktail for the virus that has killed more than 205,000 Americans and spread to the highest reaches of the U.S. government.
I knew he was going to get those antibodies.
 
I don't like how we have to pretend like this isn't good news. I guess everyone can take the high road if they want, but it's also true that if anyone deserved to get Covid it's him

Growing up sick all the time, mostly stemming from lifelong dental problems, I feel for anybody who gets ill. It's a state I don't like to see anyone in.
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom