• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump and Melania test positive test positive for Covid 19

I will admit to there being a certain sense of cosmic justice, maybe even serendipity, in Trump coming down with Covid but I can't get down with wishing death and severe debilitating illness on another human being. I wish him well and sincerely hope he finally ******* learns something from this, though I doubt it.

OK, you're right. I don't want death or debilitating either but for the good of the country I hope it is something that puts him out of action for a few days* just so he can't do the "well, I had it and it was no big deal" thing.


*and it's well documented too! Just to head off the Qidiots.
 
UPDATE:
Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany updated reporters on the President’s health outside the White House Friday; saying he’s “hard at work”...
hannity.com
 
After a good night's sleep where I had blissful dreams of Trump being on a ventilator, I'll say this: I don't want Trump to die. I want him to be on a ventilator for a couple weeks but to recover. I want him to suffer bigly the humiliation of a historically resounding electoral defeat...the likes of which the US has never seen...to put it in Trumpian terms. I want him to slink out of the WH and into the waiting arms of the Attorney General of the State of New York. I want him to be exposed for the cheat he is and always has been and I want him to finally suffer the consequences for his actions.

Here, here. A long and disgraceful life of watching history record him as the ultimate loser.
 
We knew the "Oh I'm totally not a Trumper" Trumpers were gonna clutch their pearls at someone being schadenfreude-ing their pet psychopath who spent the last four years not showing concern for anyone and the last several month downplaying the 200,000+ plus deaths.

The hypocrisy is so blatant the only reason it could possibly exist is because they want to get called out on it. It's like wearing a hair shirt for them.

Show them where the plate of Clutching Pearls is at and let them on their way. They can clutch the pearls in their tiny angry hands as hard as they want. They can clutch them into they turn into diamonds. They can use the diamonds to buy a bridge. And they can use the bridge to get over it.

I'm remembering a line from The Simpsons, when Bart mistakenly believes Rod and Todd Flanders are about to be murdered by their father. "Oh no, he's going to kill Rod and Todd! That's horrible...in theory." I'm feeling that way about this. "Oh no! Trump's got Covid! That's horrible...in theory."
 
It's really impossible to say how the President is really doing. Going beyond the confirmed news reports would just be baseless and uninformed speculation.

So......here goes.

It seems to me that if Trump were actually experiencing "mild symptoms", he would want to protect his image by putting something out there that made clear to the voters that he was in control and doing fine. The fact that nothing like that has come from him, not even a tweet, since the announcement of the positive test suggests to me that his symptoms are anything but mild.
 
Chances are he’ll be fine. Most people are, even at his age. Individual lethality was IMO never the most scary part of Covid-19, it’s the way it could be spread widely at close quarters and take such a firm hold in vulnerable populations.

I put the net effect of this development at approximately zero.

I could be wrong.

The one thing it does do is illustrate that the powerful can be infected despite having protections in place around them. Not that Trump really availed himself of all those protections, and he appeared to have zero concern for spreading to others. His callousness could hurt him, but probably won’t as his selfishness is apparently a virtue to some people.
 
So far three members of the WH press corps have tested positive. Things are starting to suggest that Saturday's Rose Garden event to announce Trump's Supreme Court nominee may have been the vector.
 
After a good night's sleep where I had blissful dreams of Trump being on a ventilator, I'll say this: I don't want Trump to die. I want him to be on a ventilator for a couple weeks but to recover. I want him to suffer bigly the humiliation of a historically resounding electoral defeat...the likes of which the US has never seen...to put it in Trumpian terms. I want him to slink out of the WH and into the waiting arms of the Attorney General of the State of New York. I want him to be exposed for the cheat he is and always has been and I want him to finally suffer the consequences for his actions.

I was thinking the other day that Trump would make a good Emperor's footstool.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valerian_(emperor)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valerian_(emperor)#/media/File:HumiliationValerianusHolbein.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It's really impossible to say how the President is really doing. Going beyond the news reports would just be baseless and uninformed speculation.

So......here goes.

It seems to me that if Trump were actually experiencing "mild symptoms", he would want to protect his image by putting something out there that made clear to the voters that he was in control and doing fine. The fact that nothing like that has come from him, not even a tweet, since the announcement of the positive test suggests to me that his symptoms are anything but mild.

Remember, though, that this is Trump you're talking about, ordinary rules of reasoning cannot predict his behavior. If we're not hearing from Trump it could mean anything from actual death to him getting his head stuck in a toilet, and every possible action between those two things. You just never know, with Trump. You can't make sense of what don't allow sense.
 
So far three members of the WH press corps have tested positive. Things are starting to suggest that Saturday's Rose Garden event to announce Trump's Supreme Court nominee may have been the vector.

I'm calling it: this is RBG striking from beyond the grave!
 
It's interesting that Trump's initial tweet about his Covid-19 positive test does not include a "please keep Melania and me in your prayers" type sentiment. Is his lack of real religious sentiment showing through?

If a headline in the Atlantic was to be accepted, because I haven't actually read the article -

Trump Secretly Mocks His Christian Supporters - The Atlantic

So how many deaths from Covid would not have occurred if Trump had taken proper action? There's really no way to know, but I'd say that an estimate of 100,000 who would not have died is conservative. These deaths are on his hands. I have no compunction against saying that I hope he dies and dies miserably and painfully. If you don't like that, there's a ignore function you can use.

Hard to say, honestly, but yes, 100,000 is very conservative there, even if you just dealt with after the virus was loose. There's still a bit of an open question when it comes to "If Trump hadn't defunded our early warning/help deal with the problem as it starts program in China, how much of the worldwide spread could have been prevented/mitigated?" While I'm not familiar with all the specifics, it's probably possible that it could have been largely nipped in the bud, so to speak.

If President Trump had been unable to attend the debate, he likely wouldn't have lost the 1% or 2% following his performance.

It seems that the less people see and hear of him, the more inclined they'd be to forget what a **** he is.

That's been the usual trend, for that matter. Trump just shutting up for a few days lets people trend back towards not caring.
 
Hey, if the Pres is incapacitated temporarily for illness, does the Veep run the show till he recovers? I was putting the moves on a blonde in high school Civics class and missed that particular procedure

Yes. There's a process where the veep can be named as acting President when POTUS is incapacitated. I don't know if it actually says "acting president" on the paperwork.

It has been used a couple of times when the President goes under sedation for a medical procedure, but those were always brief periods.

ETA: Looked it up. It's in the 25th amendment. In section 3 it says that the President can declare that he can't discharge the duties of the office for a period of time, and the vice president then becomes acting President. In section 4 it describes a much more complicated procedure for when the President doesn't make that declaration, but the Veep and the cabinet think he's incapable of discharging his duties, they can declare the Vice President as the acting President. There's a lot more fine print in that section.

Good to see that the blonde made it through that lecture without missing a beat.
 
I'm guessing that the first few posts in this thread are typical of the rest. The amount of cheering and ill wishing is unprecedented and it would be hard to find a comparable scenario if I godwinned this thread. Much as we would prefer Tweedledum to Tweedledee, I see no reason to make it so personal.

Has anybody considered that anything that keeps Trump out of circulation would be good for his re-election chances?

I'm surprised that you are surprised. Trump has engendered zero sympathy, he has...

- Called people who make personal sacrifice (sometimes the ultimate sacrifice) for their country "losers and suckers"

- Sympathised with racists and white supremacists.

- defamed the memory of the late Lori Klausutis, a woman who died nearly 20 years ago, purely on the basis that she once worked for Joe Scarborough, a journalst who is critical of Trump

- accused Ted Cruz's father of being involved in the assassination of JFK

- undertook a vile, racist campaign to falsely claim Obama was born in Kenya.

Trump is a cruel and throrughly nasty individual. He deserves no sympathy from anyone. I hope he suffers and suffers badly.




people do not have any in return
 
Larry Kudlow said the president is suffering from a moderate case. This morning it was “mild symptoms “.
 
So far three members of the WH press corps have tested positive. Things are starting to suggest that Saturday's Rose Garden event to announce Trump's Supreme Court nominee may have been the vector.

Along with the sunshine ...
There's gotta be a little rain some time ...
 
I'm getting a serious 1980's-style "The Premiere of the Soviet Union has a cold" vibe right now.
 
I will admit to there being a certain sense of cosmic justice, maybe even serendipity, in Trump coming down with Covid but I can't get down with wishing death and severe debilitating illness on another human being. I wish him well and sincerely hope he finally ******* learns something from this, though I doubt it.

You don't have to wish him death. Just severe enough illness that he has to resign and retire. You know he won't learn a damn thing.
 
After a good night's sleep where I had blissful dreams of Trump being on a ventilator, I'll say this: I don't want Trump to die. I want him to be on a ventilator for a couple weeks but to recover. I want him to suffer bigly the humiliation of a historically resounding electoral defeat...the likes of which the US has never seen...to put it in Trumpian terms. I want him to slink out of the WH and into the waiting arms of the Attorney General of the State of New York. I want him to be exposed for the cheat he is and always has been and I want him to finally suffer the consequences for his actions.

From your keyboard to god's ear.
 
Video of Coronavirus + Senator Mike Lee, maskless, getting up close and personal at Saturday's SCOTUS announcement:
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom