Belz...
Fiend God
Does anyone else understand what Squeegee is saying here?
I think he's saying that he'd rather not address any arguments.
Does anyone else understand what Squeegee is saying here?
Okay, so how about personal pronouns?THAT'S A VERY GOOD QUESTION. I WISH SOMEONE WOULD ANSWER IT.
I'm sorry, and yes, I'm sexist and ageist (and lookist) but if an attractive woman takes her clothes off near me, I'm going to ogle.
As discreetly as possible, of course, and with the purest of intentions, but I could no more avoid looking than I can shut my eyes while driving.
N
You are again moving the goalposts.
Okay, so how about personal pronouns?
Such a solution doesn't work if the person doesn't want people to know they are trans, though. It forces them to come out, which history and current events have proven is not safe for them. Is some lady worried about a trans woman seeing her in the locker room? The trans woman is worried about getting murdered.
Are you sure? I think some of the posters who have been involved in these three threads do care about those cases, and would object to the person in that example being in the ladies locker room.
Sounds just fine to me.I'll call anyone what they want to be called provided I have something I can still default to when refer to someone who's preferences I don't know and I'm not crucified for making the very occasional slip up...
Nor I, and despite what you might think, I go out of my way _not_ to offend people unless they're being jerks themselves.
Obviously not. I think people should be generally more discreet and more sensible about what they publish. Part of maturity is accepting that one must play different roles in different places. At home in private one acts differently than at work with coworkers, and different again when in public. This blurring of line between public and private is foolish and worse, it's childish. This social media crap is turning much of the population into selfish, childish idiots.
I reject the inflammatory analogy. People are responsible for their own actions, and such actions include publishing things they know may cause them unwelcome reaction from others.
Sounds just fine to me.
Doesn't this count as an answer to your question, though?
I don't want to put words in people's mouths, but why did the last two posts miss quite a lot of women and girls like to ogle males.
This stuff is all not one way.
It is sexual biology
Another odd question. You're trying really hard to create some kind of gotcha, but I don't think you really know what you're trying to achieve other than that, or how you're trying to achieve it. Instead you seem to be flailing around, hoping that you'll find something that sticks.
You do understand that "species" isn't a rigid category, don't you? That the idea of there being a single entity that is considered "the first human", born from something that was not human is nonsense. That instead it was a gradual progression from creatures that we would classify as not human into creatures that we would classify as human. Do I really have to explain this to you? I suspect I don't.
Serious question: How do you determine which topics are allowable and which are not? Especially when it's a charged and emotional topic, or when there is more than one legitimate view?
For example, should a pro-choice person be forbidden from publishing their view on why abortion should be allowable, when they know it might cause an unwelcome reaction from people who are pro-life? Should people who support euthanasia and be forbidden to publish their views on that topic, given that so many people view life as sacred and will be offended by their view?
Who is the arbiter of what controversial viewpoint is acceptable to share with other people, and what is not?
I'm still waiting on anyone to answer how I'm supposed to treat a biological male who "identifies as a woman" differently from either a biological male or a biological female in anyway that matters.
"Should"? It's up the individual, and it "should" be common sense. I'm talking about people using their heads, not advocating laws. Sheesh, what is it with the legalistic morality here? If there's not a law against it it's just fine to do something? There's no law against smearing your own face with feces at the dinner table but I doubt you'll get many invitations afterward.
If you'd like a real world test, publish something really inflammatory to Twitter using your real name, identifying your place of employment, and be sure that all the higher-ups in your company see it. What do you think will happen?
You're posting a lot of stuff that seems baiting and inflammatory to me at the moment.
Maybe you should... i dunno... not post?
I think it's the "forbidden fruit" nature that some men find appealing. That and they probably manage that women get up to things like, I don't know, towel-snapping fights or soaping each other up or engaging in casual cunnilingus in the sauna. Oftentimes fantasies don't have much to do with real-life situations.I'd say it's more that most blokes like looking at naked women than any fantasy. Locker rooms are almost universally awful.
I think it's the "forbidden fruit" nature that some men find appealing. That and they probably manage that women get up to things like, I don't know, towel-snapping fights or soaping each other up or engaging in casual cunnilingus in the sauna. Oftentimes fantasies don't have much to do with real-life situations.