• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency: Part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I look up #obamagate on Twitter, all I see are tweets whining about how the number of tweets that mention #obamagate used to be 3 million and now it's only only 1 million, which is proof that twitter is censoring.

Granted, it may be true because twitter does have an automatic deletion of bots. So instead of concluding that it's driven by bots, they conclude twitter is on some massive conspiracy

Paranoia runs deep in Trump's GOP.
 
What crime are they trying to claim about Obama's administration and Flynn?

I think it boils down to a count of presidenting while black.

Or just being too uppity....while black.

Yes of course, that must be it

Well, here's your chance to answer the question Trump can't, Bubba- exactly what crime is it they (or you) think Obama has committed? Of course, Trump's a ******* moron- can you do better?
 
(Through his Press Secretary: )

"My playbook is bigger than Obama's playbook! Look! His is one little thin packet of paper. Mine is so big it has to be held in two huge volumes!!!"

You think I'm joking.
 
Last edited:
[sigh]
Can we start a “greatest” tax?
I’m so tired of President Trump saying greatest.
Can we charge him maybe $500,000 every time he uses the word?


.........

ETA
unrelated.

While looking for something else I came across this 2018 tweet from Trump bragging about his rallies
Landing in Montana now - at least everybody admits that my lines and crowds are far bigger than Barack Obama’s...​

How small does a guy’s hoo-haa have to be to say crap like that?
 
Last edited:
[sigh]
Can we start a “greatest” tax?
I’m so tired of President Trump saying greatest.
Can we charge him maybe $500,000 every time he uses the word?

We were doing shots every time he said “incredible”.

It rapidly became a problem. Recognizing that is the first step.
 
This is exactly the point of all Trump's tweet storms. He inundates his followers with repeated claims and backs them up with re-tweets of those who support them. He makes claims that evidence exists that he's seen but very rarely provides the actual proof. And when he does, it's usually taken our of context or greatly exaggerated. Or its 'coming'. His supporters see this as proof that Trump is right no matter how ridiculous his claims. Trump is king of the tactics of "The Big Lie" and "Repeat a lie often enough and it will become true." His base is more than willing to fall for them. In fact, they want to because it supports their bias.

ETA: I also want to recognize your effort at tracking this down. Excelllent job.

Exactly.

Imagine if Trump just worked in an office, was put in charge of petty cash, and the petty cash account came up $50 short. He would have no problem saying, “I not steal the cash; I’m pretty sure the guy who left this job 3 years ago stole it. Besides, I have letters from hundreds of people saying that I did not steal the cash.” At that point, all the rational people would realize that this dishonest chuckleheaded moron needs to be fired. But because he’s president 44% of the country says “well, if hundreds of people say he didn’t do it, then he must not have done it.”
 
This "unmasking" business is rich -- not just because Trump's administration does it but because he wants to out whistleblowers. I do sometimes wonder if there IS a genius to these sort of transparent lies. A genius in never underestimating the gullibility and nincompoopery of Americans. Being tasked with rolling out this nonsense must be like learning the secret to a magic trick. "I'm supposed to wear this fake plastic thumb? It's so obvious! It's not gonna fool anyone." But then it works. "We're going with 'unmasking'? But that's common... We unmask more than anybody." "You know that, I know that, but the average retard doesn't." Of course, once someone points out the method, it should be all over... except it isn't. Trump's keying in on something when he says "a lot of people don't know Lincoln was a Republican. "
 
By and large, authoritarians tend to place far less value on democracy than you do and there's a strong correlation between authoritarianism and supporting Trump.
as I recall, an authoritarian personality was the best predictor of voting for Trump. Forget where I saw that, perhaps in an article on Vox.
 
Trump's been badmouthing the Voice of America, because it reports the news instead of toeing the party line. Oh, and his nominee's a crook.
You should read this thread, with some bonus Jerry Stiller.

From the VOA article:

Pack, whom Bannon has described as his “mentor” in documentary filmmaking,

I thought that was David Daleiden, the guy behind the fake "Planned Parenthood is selling fetal tissue" video.

By the way, PP sued Daleiden and won $2.3 million when the jury award of $1million was increased under the federal Racketeer and Corrupt Organizations Act.
 
This "unmasking" business is rich -- not just because Trump's administration does it but because he wants to out whistleblowers. I do sometimes wonder if there IS a genius to these sort of transparent lies. A genius in never underestimating the gullibility and nincompoopery of Americans. Being tasked with rolling out this nonsense must be like learning the secret to a magic trick. "I'm supposed to wear this fake plastic thumb? It's so obvious! It's not gonna fool anyone." But then it works. "We're going with 'unmasking'? But that's common... We unmask more than anybody." "You know that, I know that, but the average retard doesn't." Of course, once someone points out the method, it should be all over... except it isn't. Trump's keying in on something when he says "a lot of people don't know Lincoln was a Republican. "

Well done!
 
as I recall, an authoritarian personality was the best predictor of voting for Trump. Forget where I saw that, perhaps in an article on Vox.

Yes, it was on Vox:
https://www.vox.com/2016/3/1/11127424/trump-authoritarianism

I posted an article earlier on how an attraction to and acceptance of authoritarianism is the single most common feature among Trump supporters. It explained how Republicans are far likely to accept and approve of authoritarianism than Democrats.

This is from another article on authoritarianism and Trump:

In fact, over the last six-plus decades that study has largely been done. Social science has studied (and continues to study) both authoritarian leaders, and people who support such leaders. Clear answers have emerged, although we are addressing only a few that Gerson raises. For example, the motivations of the wealthy conservative funders Gerson mentions are not the same as the evangelicals, who are Trump’s largest group of supporters. The overriding answer of why these people support Trump can be stated briefly, albeit bluntly: There are a lot of Americans who do not care for democracy (Altemeyer, 2006 at www.theauthoritarians.org). They do not mind that he fails to follow the Constitution, or that he poses a danger to democracy. In fact, surveys of these people show they would prefer a demagogic autocrat who will “stomp out the rot,” which they believe infects society. Because most Americans see the world differently, this finding may be difficult to accept. It is, however, based on solid science.
One very noticeable feature of the personalities attracted to such autocrats, for example, is their aggressiveness, evident in their being found among the most highly prejudiced people in the country. Experiments show their aggression is often triggered by fear of a disintegrating society and released by a profound sense of self-righteousness. These “authoritarian followers,” as social science labels them, are also highly ethnocentric, thus frequently racist, nationalistic, deeply partisan, and threatened by “the other.” It is no accident that such people would want to build a wall that they foolishly believe will solve a problem. Other testing shows these people are also highly defensive, not to mention almost totally unaware of their own proclivities. Thus, people who are not at all like such authoritarian followers will read this paragraph and conclude we are not talking about them. So will the people who are authoritarians—precisely the people we are talking about.

https://verdict.justia.com/2019/03/...pport-donald-trump-in-a-word-authoritarianism
 
Last edited:
Trump Tweets

Today I was presented with the brand new @SpaceForceDoD flag in the Oval Office. I will take Great Pride in displaying it at the @WhiteHouse!
 
After saying that Trump is a nice guy to play golf with, Rory McIlroy said he disagrees with Trump on pretty much everything. He went on to say to the podcaster interviewing him,

“We’re in the midst of something that’s pretty serious right now and the fact that he’s trying to politicize it and make it a campaign rally and say we’re administering the most tests in world like it is a contest — there’s something that just is terrible. It’s not the way a leader should act. There’s a sort of diplomacy that you need to have, and I don’t think he’s showing that — especially in these times.’’

He was later called a bigot and fascist by Trump supporters.

Yep. The president could not have personally orchestrated a better response: If you misuse words enough they become meaningless.
 
After saying that Trump is a nice guy to play golf with, Rory McIlroy said he disagrees with Trump on pretty much everything. He went on to say to the podcaster interviewing him,



He was later called a bigot and fascist by Trump supporters.

Yep. The president could not have personally orchestrated a better response: If you misuse words enough they become meaningless.

And they wonder why I think they're stupid.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom