• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency: Part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether or not anyone bothers to try and prosecute him for it is a different question, but if they were to, the facts are pretty clear.

I know it's not Texas, but there a woman was sentenced to FIVE YEARS as a result of unknowingly casting an illegal vote. I'm not going to argue that that is any form of justice but if Trump knowingly illegally registered in Florida, then he should be subject to the same level of "justice".
 
Gods, I missed that part. I had forgotten just how... conservative Conservapedia really is.

I'd never been there. Out of curiosity, I looked up their entry for "homosexual agenda" What a hoot. Special rights, going against god, indoctrination in schools, etc., etc. It's a cornucopia of fear and hate.
 
Mmm, can someone with US insight explain to me what Trump gets out of this "OBAMAGATE" thing in terms of the upcoming election? Last time I looked, Obama was not running, and while it may reflect badly on the Dems, that is hardly news for his base voters.

Hans

SQUIRREL!!!!111!!!1

It's a distraction from the woes of COVID. As president, he gets attention from the media whether it's deserved or not....almost always the latter. So his TV time or newspaper column-inches crowd out coverage of other issues.

ETA: already covered by others.
 
Last edited:
I disagree. I think his base and even his lukewarm supporters would honestly assert that he is doing a good job. Just consider his approval rating in the GOP. No, it's a very, very dangerous assumption that are mindful of his threat and also approve of the job he is doing. Even after Trump is gone, that large chunk of USA voters who are divorced from reality still will have to be dealt with.

I think that you're missing a few things. First things first, though. I acknowledge that is a significant portion of his supporters that do not really appreciate the threat he poses to the US' democracy - and will not/would not until after the threat has become reality. However, what I'm saying is that it is a very dangerous assumption to make to think that all of his supporters are like that. Potentially even most of his supporters.

There are several points that are particularly worthy of note there, though. To poke at probably one of the most foundational, though...authoritarians. Authoritarians have been pointedly gravitating towards the Republican Party since around the time of the Civil Rights Movement and the "Law and Order" propaganda of the Republicans. Further, the tactics of the GOP have also served to create more authoritarians... in a way that has very troubling implications for the aftermath of this pandemic in a decade or two. By and large, authoritarians tend to place far less value on democracy than you do and there's a strong correlation between authoritarianism and supporting Trump. The increasing power of authoritarians in the Republican Party has been visible for quite a while, though, in other ways. As has been observed by a few fairly high profile right-wingers, plenty of Republicans (and far right-wingers in general) have come to recognize that they would be unable to get their desired policies to actually pass (let alone stay) via democracy and have concluded that democracy is less important than getting their desired policies, which means that they then start actively working to undermine or destroy democracy in the US for the sake of their efforts to get their desired policies in place. Generally, the left doesn't face that problem specifically because the policies that they support tend to be rather popular, as a tangent. Either way, this antipathy, whether relative or outright, towards democracy pervades too much of the Republican Party, unfortunately, especially among the nastier parts like the white supremacists and corporatists that have been working hard to twist the party to serve them. It's just not especially kosher to directly reveal until they feel like society is more accepting of such views. A bit like how racists have been expressing themselves much more boldly and freely while Trump is President, compared to before.
 
Last edited:
Whenever I look up #obamagate on Twitter, all I see are tweets whining about how the number of tweets that mention #obamagate used to be 3 million and now it's only only 1 million, which is proof that twitter is censoring.

Granted, it may be true because twitter does have an automatic deletion of bots. So instead of concluding that it's driven by bots, they conclude twitter is on some massive conspiracy
 
Whenever I look up #obamagate on Twitter, all I see are tweets whining about how the number of tweets that mention #obamagate used to be 3 million and now it's only only 1 million, which is proof that twitter is censoring.

Granted, it may be true because twitter does have an automatic deletion of bots. So instead of concluding that it's driven by bots, they conclude twitter is on some massive conspiracy

Obamagate is a conspiracy so secret it deletes knowledge of itself from the mind of anyone who contemplates it! That's pretty good secrecy, there. Probably Obama is using technology stolen from [REDACTED]!
 
Obamagate is a conspiracy so secret it deletes knowledge of itself from the mind of anyone who contemplates it! That's pretty good secrecy, there. Probably Obama is using technology stolen from [REDACTED]!
Usually I get your humor, but what the hell is "Bananagate?"
 
Trump just said "When you test, you have a case. When you test, you find something is wrong with people. If we didn't do any testing we would have very few cases."

He also says that testing might be “overrated”
Mentally ill or ******* moron?
 

Attachments

  • A9E83394-D164-45F3-BD3A-77D92D0B5C21.jpeg
    A9E83394-D164-45F3-BD3A-77D92D0B5C21.jpeg
    34.7 KB · Views: 8
I'd never been there. Out of curiosity, I looked up their entry for "homosexual agenda" What a hoot. Special rights, going against god, indoctrination in schools, etc., etc. It's a cornucopia of fear and hate.
I’ve long wondered, does the homosexual agenda come with a field manual? List of best practices? Are there training modules complete with PowerPoint decks?
 
Because it's a wiki and can be edited by anyone (or anyone with an account), a lot of stuff on Conservapedia could be Poe-style writing.

The founder, A. Schafly, tries very, very hard to eliminate the Poes. In fact, he tries so hard that sincere posters often get swept up in the editing purges. I think the vast majority of edits are now done by fewer than a couple of dozen people.
 
He's trolling, IMO.

Problem with keeping the case rate down is it explodes the fatality rate.

I suppose he could be trolling.

On the other hand, we are talking about a guy who finds one-page memos too long to read, who refuses to read briefing folders before going into important discussions because it interferes with his ability to make gut-Based decisions, who spent five days insisting that others should apologize to him for claiming he made a mistake in describing a hurricane’s path, and who is unable to coherently summarize a 10-minute talk that he just heard. So, it is possible that he really is that stupid.
 
I suppose he could be trolling.

On the other hand, we are talking about a guy who finds one-page memos too long to read, who refuses to read briefing folders before going into important discussions because it interferes with his ability to make gut-Based decisions, who spent five days insisting that others should apologize to him for claiming he made a mistake in describing a hurricane’s path, and who is unable to coherently summarize a 10-minute talk that he just heard. So, it is possible that he really is that stupid.
Trump has demonstrated on numerous occasions in public beyond any shadow of a doubt that he really is that stupid. His mental state has lost all use of grey-matter. He is operating on his reptilian core only.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom