• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: The Trump Presidency: Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know he is a coward the same way we know that no amount of evidence of him being a coward will resolve a disputed claim with you:

Body of evidence.

I'm not disputing anything. I'm not disagreeing, arguing, or debating anything. I'm following up on a claim using skepticism tools. I'm identifying a claim and asking for more information.
 
To poke at some things that might be of some interest -

'I didn't see': Esper admits he saw no direct evidence of Iranian threat to U.S. embassies

No one should likely be surprised.


Looks like someone's taken a bit of initiative on summarizing why a number of the far-right activist judges that McConnell's been ramming through are such terrible people to choose as judges. Feel free to look at the one page summaries that the guy's created. The most recent one was posted less than a day ago, and it looks like they're actively being made still.


In random science news that's only here because it's happened during the Trump Presidency and could be of notable value -

Pathways that extend lifespan by 500 percent identified
Discovery of cellular mechanisms could open door to more effective anti-aging therapies
 
Last edited:
I have no doubt. If she dies the day before inauguration, they will still manage to jam someone through. Because I genuinely believe this to be true, I win.

Yep. You win the cynicism contest.
I never came close to that level of cynical speculation.
 
Trump Retweeted

Kevin McCarthy
@GOPLeader
Think of the contrast. ↴
While Democrats are trying to remove President Trump from office, the President is focused on removing terrorists from the face of the earth.

Tom Cotton
@SenTomCotton
The future of our Iran policy is critical to the global competition that will determine America’s safety and position in the next century. Recent events have shown we are up to the task.


Kind of spells out the reason for the assasination at this particular time.
 
To poke at some things that might be of some interest -

'I didn't see': Esper admits he saw no direct evidence of Iranian threat to U.S. embassies

No one should likely be surprised.

Secretary of Defense Mark Esper admitted Sunday on the CBS show "Face the Nation" that he saw no specific evidence of the “imminent” threat President Donald Trump has used to defend an airstrike he ordered, killing Gen. Qassem Soleimani and sparking widescale fear of retaliation that might endanger U.S. troops and diplomats. "The president didn't cite a specific piece of evidence. What he said was he believed," Esper said on the show. "I didn't see one, with regard to four embassies. What I'm saying is that I shared the president's view that probably—my expectation was they were going to go after our embassies. The embassy is the most prominent display of American presence in a country."

If anyone would have seen that evidence, it was the Secretary of Defense. If HE wasn't shown that evidence, then we can, with a very high
probability, conclude that it simply does not exist. Is anyone who isn't a Trumper surprised in the least? Just another one of Trump's and his administration's lies.
 
Yep. You win the cynicism contest.
I never came close to that level of cynical speculation.

I can see Trump pulling the oxygen tube or McConnell being ready with the pillow if she goes to the hospital again.
 
I can see Trump pulling the oxygen tube or McConnell being ready with the pillow if she goes to the hospital again.

Cinderella story ... out of nowhere ... about to become the cynicism champion.
It looks like a mirac- it's in the hole! It's in the hole!
 
Today we were told that the threat was against a US embassy...or embassies. Pompeo admitted he didn't know where or when these alleged attacks would occur so why they were considered 'imminent' is anyone's guess.


There a video of a reporter calling him on this. He actually argued that, because he didn't know the exact moment that the attacks were going to happen, it wasn't contradictory to say that they were imminent but he didn't know when they were happening.
 
Trump retweets

Donald J. Trump Retweeted
Farid Khalifi
@FaridMedia
While the Iranian people are being killed by the mullahs in the protests, you are lying to the American people! The real people of Iran don't want the Democrats-backed terrorists. Shame on you for playing with the blood of Iranian people.
STOP #NancyPelosiFakeNews

Mohammad Mozafari
@mohmd_mozafar
The Iranian people are being killed in the streets by the Islamic Republic, but Nancy Pelosi in the USA supports those who kill the Iranian people. Why?
#NancyPelosiFakeNews

Saied
@Saiedey
Just for a second assume there is no Dem nor Rep party. Look at the reality. Iranians want mullas gone. They’ve been massacred on Nov when main media were covering Trump impeachment. Be a human and stand for human right. #NancyPelosiFakeNews

مترسک
⁦@Scarecr0_w
Question: Who in America supports this mullahs' crime?
Answer : Nancy Pelosi
#NancyPelosiFakeNews

BiggZie_
@BiggZie_VT
People just now realizing how crazy and destructive Nancy is to America, better yet the world. I pity those that still support her.
#NancyPelosiFakeNews

Athena
@AthenaxWisdom
Nancy Pelosi just showed she supports a regime that kills its people. This is disgusting! #NancyPelosiFakeNews

Nariman
@NarimanGharib
Iranian people are angry about what Nancy Pelosi said recently in the interview with
@ABC so WE've launched a hashtag against what she said.
#NancyPelosiFakeNews

داون آندر
@D0wn_Under
The corrupted Dems trying their best to come to the Ayatollah's rescue.
#NancyPelosiFakeNews
 
I'd put my next mortgage payment on the line on a bet that at some point in the last 3 years, someone has literally tried to physically wrench a phone out of the Presidents hand.
 
Trump Tweets

Mini Mike Bloomberg is spending a lot of money on False Advertising. I was the person who saved Pre-Existing Conditions in your Healthcare, you have it now, while at the same time winning the fight to rid you of the expensive, unfair and very unpopular Individual Mandate.....

....and, if Republicans win in court and take back the House of Represenatives, your healthcare, that I have now brought to the best place in many years, will become the best ever, by far. I will always protect your Pre-Existing Conditions, the Dems will not!
 
Trump Tweets

Mini Mike Bloomberg is spending a lot of money on False Advertising. I was the person who saved Pre-Existing Conditions in your Healthcare, you have it now, while at the same time winning the fight to rid you of the expensive, unfair and very unpopular Individual Mandate.....

....and, if Republicans win in court and take back the House of Represenatives, your healthcare, that I have now brought to the best place in many years, will become the best ever, by far. I will always protect your Pre-Existing Conditions, the Dems will not!

the gun I held to your head misfired, so you didn't die. That means I saved your life!
 
Trump Tweets


....and, if Republicans win in court and take back the House of Represenatives,


I'm guessing that he's referring to the current court case involving the Affordable Care Act AND winning back the House in 2020, but this Tweet sounds like he expecting the Supreme Court to give Republicans control of the House.
 
Given to how fond the GOP has become of voter suppression laws and packing the courts with lackeys, I don't put it past him. The weakling may have just been saying the quiet part out loud.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom