• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: The Trump Presidency: Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way if you go on CNN, Foxnews, or MSNBC at this moment no mention of Trump's impeachment appears anywhere on their front page.

So mission accomplished.
 
This 52 targets thing makes me sick. It's sadistic. Hitler had a similar plan for England. Don't know off the top of my head why he didn't carry it out. Well, maybe he partly did, coming pretty close to blowing up St. Paul's. Trump would earn the enmity of not just the Iranian people in Iran, but of the entire diaspora, many of them probably being Republican Trump supporters. I went to Iran during a period of sort of slightly reform-ish sentiment when Khatami was president in 2003. The regular people we met ADORED Americans. Trump would flush all that goodwill away. Some may be gone already, but this would make it far worse.

For some reason, the government of Iran approved our visas but nixed our entire itinerary. That had included looking at some of Iran's domestic problems so maybe that's why. Instead we took more of a cultural tour that included Shiraz, home to the tomb of Hafez, where teenagers gathered at night out of reverence for a poet who had been dead for 600 years. Imagine American teenagers doing that. Persepolis is another important site. One of the guides told us that after the revolution some rabid hooligans headed there to smash the ruins and were stopped by other Iranians. The motive I think was to root out icons of a pre-Islamic past. Imam Square in Isfahan is another popular gathering spot, with 2 beautiful mosques that I would hate to see destroyed. Tehran, meh, not a lot of culture their. The tomb of Khomeini is important, I guess, but wouldn't be a huge loss aesthetically. It smells of sweaty socks. You have to check your shoes at the door.

Everywhere we went we were overwhelmed by the affection and fascination we were greeted with.

Iran was trying to build up its tourism sector and doing a pretty good job. We saw many European and Asian tourists. That country has a lot of potential. But the whole revolution thing has turned out to be far more durable than I thought it would be 40 years ago.
 
This 52 targets thing makes me sick. It's sadistic. Hitler had a similar plan for England. Don't know off the top of my head why he didn't carry it out. Well, maybe he partly did, coming pretty close to blowing up St. Paul's. Trump would earn the enmity of not just the Iranian people in Iran, but of the entire diaspora, many of them probably being Republican Trump supporters. I went to Iran during a period of sort of slightly reform-ish sentiment when Khatami was president in 2003. The regular people we met ADORED Americans. Trump would flush all that goodwill away. Some may be gone already, but this would make it far worse.

For some reason, the government of Iran approved our visas but nixed our entire itinerary. That had included looking at some of Iran's domestic problems so maybe that's why. Instead we took more of a cultural tour that included Shiraz, home to the tomb of Hafez, where teenagers gathered at night out of reverence for a poet who had been dead for 600 years. Imagine American teenagers doing that. Persepolis is another important site. One of the guides told us that after the revolution some rabid hooligans headed there to smash the ruins and were stopped by other Iranians. The motive I think was to root out icons of a pre-Islamic past. Imam Square in Isfahan is another popular gathering spot, with 2 beautiful mosques that I would hate to see destroyed. Tehran, meh, not a lot of culture their. The tomb of Khomeini is important, I guess, but wouldn't be a huge loss aesthetically. It smells of sweaty socks. You have to check your shoes at the door.

Everywhere we went we were overwhelmed by the affection and fascination we were greeted with.

Iran was trying to build up its tourism sector and doing a pretty good job. We saw many European and Asian tourists. That country has a lot of potential. But the whole revolution thing has turned out to be far more durable than I thought it would be 40 years ago.
Dammit! We were planning on a cultural tour in Iran later this year. Have been saving for ages to afford it too. NOW what is going to happen if Trump and co. reduce these priceless sites to rubble? But what more could you expect from the leaders of the Christian Taliban?
 
By the way if you go on CNN, Foxnews, or MSNBC at this moment no mention of Trump's impeachment appears anywhere on their front page.

So mission accomplished.

You're still assuming he has some sort of plan.

He does not, he never does, he can't think beyond "McDonalds Burger King or Wendy's", and ironically "Black man bad".
 
You're still assuming he has some sort of plan.

He does not, he never does, he can't think beyond "McDonalds Burger King or Wendy's", and ironically "Black man bad".

Oh I don't think he has anything resembling a plan.

A toddler screaming on the floor of the toy store because you won't buy the toy he wants doesn't have a plan either, but he's going to keep doing it as long as it keeps get him what he wants.

Trump most probably never planned to become the "Master of the One Man Gish Gallop" but I do, honestly, think he sort of accidental trained himself to be one.
 
If Iran really wants to strike at the heart of America, the most effective way would be to attack Chick-fil-As and Waffle Houses.

I'm not joking this time. I've long thought that blowing up big government and business targets is not the way to get mainstream America's attention. If terrorists went after small cities and towns, then people would be afraid that they would be next. Attacking NYC and DC angers them, but it doesn't make them personally afraid.
 
Last edited:
If Iran really wants to strike at the heart of America, the most effective way would be to attack Chick-fil-As and Waffle Houses.

I'm not joking this time. I've long thought that blowing up big government and business targets is not the way to get mainstream America's attention. If terrorists went after small cities and towns, then people would be afraid that they would be next. Attacking NYC and DC angers them, but it doesn't make them personally afraid.

I've been personally concerned about the Mall of America every time I've been there. Considering the name includes "all of America."
 
Jesus H. Christ!
These Media Posts will serve as notification to the United States Congress that should Iran strike any U.S. person or target, the United States will quickly & fully strike back, & perhaps in a disproportionate manner. Such legal notice is not required, but is given nevertheless!
Trump's Twitter. What a twit.
 
The idiot is going to start WWIII because of pride [ego] and his supporters will applaud........
ftfy.

I wouldn't call it pride in this case.

He's ignorant thinking threatening to send cruise missiles or whatever will stop Iran. It could very well start a war.

Why on Earth claim some of the targets are "cultural"? :mad:

I'm telling you, this is what you get when you install a corrupt kleptocrat in charge of a country with US military capability.
 
I'll put money on Trump properties being attacked. I'll also put money on US troops guarding Trump properties and staying in whilst they guard them.

I hope Iran is that smart, treating Trump as a rogue. Making it about Trump and not about the US would do a lot to weaken Trump's ability to retaliate.
 
Sadly those are the types of targets I would have thought would now be on the agenda. The only saving grace is the Iranian leaders and many of the leaders at the top of the various terrorists groups are delusional morons. Look how obsessed Bin Laden was with the World Trade centre, because of nothing but its name and they were big. Their view of the world is usually only slightly related to actual reality.

Threatening Trump Towers could do wonders for getting all the 'guests' to check out, hit Trump in the pocketbook and not rile the US in general up.
 
You're still assuming he has some sort of plan.

He does not, he never does, he can't think beyond "McDonalds Burger King or Wendy's", and ironically "Black man bad".

He might not have a plan but he has an immediate goal.
 
If Iran really wants to strike at the heart of America, the most effective way would be to attack Chick-fil-As and Waffle Houses.

I'm not joking this time. I've long thought that blowing up big government and business targets is not the way to get mainstream America's attention. If terrorists went after small cities and towns, then people would be afraid that they would be next. Attacking NYC and DC angers them, but it doesn't make them personally afraid.
Don't forget Hobby Lobby. :p

I'm still hoping for Trump Towers.
 
Aside from Iran, I too would like to see Trump properties rendered uninhabitable using bedbugs and other non violent measures. If he wins in 2020 that is.

Great idea! Or even just start a social media campaign with people claiming to have been customers reporting the infestations. Infest a few properties and amplify it with fake stories.

Oh Lordy I hope Iran is that smart.
 
Isn't there something in this or other of his insane Twitter screeds that violates their terms and can get his account suspended?

...Yes, in fact. Trump's been flagrantly violating Twitters terms of service for his entire Presidency. And they know it.

IIRC, they directly and specifically said that Twitter was gaining lots and lots and lots of traffic specifically because of him, so they were in a bit of a dilemma. A dilemma that they've apparently decided to go with the option of not enforcing the rules when it comes to him.
 
All accounts except a few people in the US who desperately want to attack Iran, and Dolt 45 who is simply jealous of Obama and thinks he *must* have done it wrong because he's black. [he publicly humiliated Trump]
ftfy. Trump hates the brown masses, and probably anyone brown he might have to share a bathroom with. But I don't think his racism is the kind where his issue with Obama has to do with him being black.

However, being humiliated by a black man, that was probably an issue.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom