• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency: Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would that help in any way?

Indulging this in full knowledge it is highly improbable, but mass resignations from an institution are usually a strong signal of repudiating that institution's legitimacy.

Especially if the remaining party takes full advantage of their unilateral control. That can move a lot of fence-sitters who would have seen new appointments, special elections, some kind of restructuring of the institution, etc as the "fair" outcome, the naked opportunism could open their eyes.
 
Last edited:
Old news. GOt huge coverage yesterday.
But yeah, Donnie behaved like a ten year old kid picking up his marbles and going home because he was losing....


True. He acted childishly.

But so did Trudeau and the other three involved. I don't condone nor approve of what Trudeau did, it was petulant and asinine, to say the least. If you want to talk and laugh about someone behind their back in that type of setting, you do it in private behind closed doors. These people are supposed to be professional diplomats, they're supposed to be above this sort of behaviour out in public.

Just because Trump acts like an 8 year old, it does not give license for the rest of them to act the same way too.

The last thing this planet needs right now is a bunch of world leaders running around tugging on each other's ponytails for poops and giggles. This is a high stakes game they're playing (world diplomacy and alliances)... there's no room for error.

I hope the gang in Ottawa slaps his wrist good and hard for this one. :mad:
 
Last edited:
True. He acted childishly.

But so did Trudeau and the other three involved. I don't condone nor approve of what Trudeau did, it was petulant and asinine, to say the least. If you want to talk and laugh about someone behind their back in that type of setting, you do it in private behind closed doors. These people are supposed to be professional diplomats, they're supposed to be above this sort of behaviour out in public.

Just because Trump acts like an 8 year old, it does not give license for the rest of them to act the same way too.

The last thing this planet needs right now is a bunch of world leaders running around tugging on each other's ponytails for poops and giggles. This is a high stakes game they're playing (world diplomacy and alliances)... there's no room for error.

I hope the gang in Ottawa slaps his wrist good and hard for this one. :mad:
:rolleyes:

Yeah, Trump is a POTUS. He deserves respect. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

For the record, the respect Trump ship sailed a couple years ago.
 
Last edited:
True. He acted childishly.

But so did Trudeau and the other three involved. I don't condone nor approve of what Trudeau did, it was petulant and asinine, to say the least. If you want to talk and laugh about someone behind their back in that type of setting, you do it in private behind closed doors. These people are supposed to be professional diplomats, they're supposed to be above this sort of behaviour out in public.

Just because Trump acts like an 8 year old, it does not give license for the rest of them to act the same way too.

The last thing this planet needs right now is a bunch of world leaders running around tugging on each other's ponytails for poops and giggles. This is a high stakes game they're playing (world diplomacy and alliances)... there's no room for error.

I hope the gang in Ottawa slaps his wrist good and hard for this one. :mad:

I don't see what the Trudeau did wrong. He did not arrange for someone to record him saying what he said. He was having a personal discussion with colleagues in which he was sharing his opinion of what he saw vis-a-vis the orange snowflake. The conversation was recorded without their knowledge and published.
 
:rolleyes:

Yeah, Trump is a POTUS. He deserves respect. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

For the record, the respect Trump ship sailed a couple years ago.


Nothing to do with respect for Trump and everything to do with respect for themselves, respect for the office they hold, and respect for the citizens of the country they're representing.

I expect more from the PM of my country.
 
Last edited:
Trump Tweets

The story today that we are sending 12,000 troops to Saudi Arabia is false or, to put it more accurately, Fake News!
 
I don't see what the Trudeau did wrong. He did not arrange for someone to record him saying what he said. He was having a personal discussion with colleagues in which he was sharing his opinion of what he saw vis-a-vis the orange snowflake. The conversation was recorded without their knowledge and published.

That he said those things where they could be caught like that about a guy who has a fair chance of using his political power to take vengeance upon Trudeau's country should he become aware of it is, well, one thing that can be counted as wrong.
 
I disagree with the "most racist" bit. Trump may be racist by today's standards but a whole bunch of previous presidents saw nothing wrong with enslaving people. Let's keep some perspective.

I'm not strong on presidential history but would you go with "there has never been a POTUS this overtly racist?
 
I'm not strong on presidential history but would you go with "there has never been a POTUS this overtly racist?

I dunno. The effects of his actions may be racist but I have no idea what goes on in that skull. As bad as being racist is it's not even close to being the worst thing about Trump as a person or as a president.
 
I keep on saying, if things are as bad as some here say, the only logical thing to do is buy a rifle and learn how to use it, because it will come to an armed struggle.
If your worst nightmares becomes reality, owning a rifle won't do you a damn bit of good.
 
Despite the religion angle, the way Pelosi pushed back against the reporter yesterday was simply awesome.



She's one of the most impressive politicians I've ever witnessed.
 
True. He acted childishly. But so did Trudeau and the other three involved. I don't condone nor approve of what Trudeau did, it was petulant and asinine, to say the least...

The video I saw was of Trudeau during a reception at Buckingham Palace Tuesday evening, standing with French President Emmanuel Macron, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson, Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte and Britain’s Princess Anne, daughter of Queen Elizabeth II. Someone is asked -- I think it was Macron -- why he was late. Truedeau quips, “He was late because he takes a 40-minute press conference off the top.” A few seconds later Truedeau says, “You just watched his team’s jaws drop to the floor," and everyone chuckles.

That doesn't fit my definition of petulant and asinine. I've seen it described in the media as "gossiping." That sounds more accurate.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom