rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
In other words it is unlikely to kill you or others. Certain other, legal, drugs have the nasty habit of causing fatal diseases.
Hello goose, may I introduce you to this gander?
You hang around with Democrats, you're not going to know many Republicans. I use to play a lot of golf. Too much. I even at one time belonged to a Country Club. I was surrounded by Republicans who didn't have a clue that I was a Democrat. On the same note, you hang around with people who smoke pot, the fewer the people you know that don't. His impression was anecdotal was it not?
I've admitted that my opinions have been informed by my experiences and this is imperfect data. I'm not saying that Ron was wrong but there was maybe a variable he wasn't accounting for.
Yeah, you watch 8 brothers and sisters morph into morons who care more about getting high than anything else and get back to me.
So do certain other illegal drugs.In other words it is unlikely to kill you or others. Certain other, legal, drugs have the nasty habit of causing fatal diseases.
Did I miss the post with 'new' information showing that cannabis isn't a waste of one's mental faculties?No matter what is presented your mind is already made up, there's nothing new that will change it.
Which, as has been pointed out, is the polar opposite of skepticism.
Although there are studies that show potential benefits from Cannabinoids, there are many side effects from taking the drug. This shows that an addiction to this natural drug can be hazardous.
Some side effects include:
Rapid heart beat
Dizziness
Depression
Hallucination
Low blood pressure
Paranoia
Panic attacks
Food cravings
Did I miss the post with 'new' information showing that cannabis isn't a waste of one's mental faculties?
Side Effects of Cannabinoids
It's not 'the polar opposite of skepticism' to consider those valid reasons to avoid cannabis, and no reason to change your mind while there's nothing new to redeem it. And when you've had experiences like acbytesla has with people being turned into morons or worse, it's going to (rightfully) take a lot to change your mind.
Sure, pot makes some folks completely useless, still better than booze which makes some folks completely useless except for occasional bouts of violence.
Not really. This is sarcasm right?![]()
Did I miss the post with 'new' information showing that cannabis isn't a waste of one's mental faculties?
It's not 'the polar opposite of skepticism' to consider those valid reasons to avoid cannabis, and no reason to change your mind while there's nothing new to redeem it. And when you've had experiences like acbytesla has with people being turned into morons or worse, it's going to (rightfully) take a lot to change your mind.
The claim was it's a waste of one's mental faculties. Something that hasn't been proven, or even attempted to be supported, by anything other than anecdotal experiences of a few people on this forum. Provide me with something that shows cannabis is a waste of one's mental faculties. It's not on me to prove a negative, you guys are the ones making the positive claim.
If you can't trust a source named "rehabspot" for non-bias information...anyway. There are side effects to everything. Look at that list of "possible" side effects and compare those to the end of any ******* medical commercial, where the last "side effect" is generally death or cancer. With weed it sounds like you might end up with a crazy case of a ham sandwich.
I don't want either of you guys to try weed. That would be extremely pointless because naysayers are going to naysay. I just don't want nonsensical misinformation spreading out of ignorance. Which is exactly the case here. It's not that you guys are afraid of the devil's lettuce, it's that acbytesla won't even bother to look into it or try to educate ones self. Then you say something as completely ignorant as "nothing has changed", which it certainly has over the last 10 years alone.
So again, stay away from it but don't make **** up.
Acute cannabis intoxication has been shown to negatively affect attention, psychomotor task ability, and short-term memory.[9][10] Studies of chronic cannabis use have not consistently demonstrated a long-lasting or refractory effect on the attention span, memory function, or cognitive abilities of moderate-dose long-term users. Once cannabis use was discontinued, these effects disappeared in users abstinent for a period of several months.[11]
Chronic use of cannabis during adolescence, a time when the brain is still developing, is correlated in the long term with lower IQ and cognitive deficits. It is not clear, though, if cannabis use causes the problems or if the causality is in the reverse. Recent studies have shown that IQ deficits existed in subjects before chronic cannabis use, suggesting that lower IQ may instead be a risk factor for cannabis addiction.[12]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-term_effects_of_cannabis
I've had enough of your insulting bs..
I may not be taking cannabis related products but I have definitely been exposed to people that do. I've also read my share of articles regarding the effects of cannabis use. In fact, if you google short and long term effects of cannabis use, you can find article after article including article including in reputable medical journals and in the NIH that definitely support my impressions.
Here is a wikipedia citation.
There are so many articles citing similar effects they are too numerous to even begin.
https://www.drugfreeworld.org/drugfacts/marijuana/short-and-long-term-effects.html
https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/marijuana
https://americanaddictioncenters.org/marijuana-rehab/long-term-effects
https://portage.ca/en/blog/long-and-short-term-effects-of-cannabis/
https://www2.courtinfo.ca.gov/stopt...ces/marijuana/short-and-long-term-effects.cfm
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4827335/
https://www.healthyplace.com/addict...-term-and-long-term-effects-of-weed-marijuana
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...1407/7-short-term-effects-marijuana-the-brain
https://www.fvkasa.org/english/health/marijuana-health-effects/
https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/addiction/marijuana-use-and-its-effects
https://www.livestrong.com/article/24795-long-term-short-term-effects/
A tiny sample.
Now I grant you there are also articles that downplay the negative effects of cannabis use. But I have yet to read one that has said it doesn't have an effect on cognition and memory.
Even a single instance of elevated glucose in the bloodstream can be harmful to the brain, resulting in slowed cognitive function and deficits in memory and attention
So do me a favor. Put down the bong and stop accusing me of having an unfairly reached position.
I don't have to jump off a building to know that it might cause physical damage to my body and I don't have to get stoned to know that it could make me dumber.
No I didn't. To begin with, I believe you already admitted that you smoke the demon weed.Ironic considering you pretty much call me a stupid pothead to end this post.
I never said you didn't. But that doesn't mean you wouldn't be sharper and quicker without itAh, so there's where the issue comes in. You seem to be thinking I've said there are absolutely no side effects to marijuana. A claim I haven't made. I am arguing that it's a waste of my mental faculties. Which it's not considering I have a degree, great job, my own house, a full family, and am mentally sound.
So why would you do that?Any time you light something on fire and inhale it there will be negative side effects.
Hell, what you described is about the same as sugar.
Are you suggesting that consuming a Hershey bar makes effects cognition or memory?So I guess eating sugar is "a waste of one's mental faculties", right? I mean, after all, a sugar high is a thing.
There are in fact studies that suggest that Cannabis use lowers IQ scores. But I am skeptical of their methodology and how they drew their conclusions.It's possible, not likely, but it's possible. I'd say the memory could be an issue, but dumber? Nah.
I mean, after all, a sugar high is a thing.
No I didn't. To begin with, I believe you already admitted that you smoke the demon weed.I also said "could" which also means it might not.
I never said you didn't. But that doesn't mean you wouldn't be sharper and quicker without it
So why would you do that?
So? Does eating a candy bar justify taking drugs?
Are you suggesting that consuming a Hershey bar makes effects cognition or memory?.
There are in fact studies that suggest that Cannabis use lowers IQ scores. But I am skeptical of their methodology and find it hard to believe in how they drew their conclusions.
Now, in the first study of its kind, scientists have analyzed long-term marijuana use in teens, comparing IQ changes in twin siblings who either used or abstained from marijuana for 10 years. After taking environmental factors into account, the scientists found no measurable link between marijuana use and lower IQ.
It's not, actually.
It's not, actually.
I'm not sure civil forfeiture laws are as all-encompassing as you believe. My understanding is assets can be seized if they're suspected of being used in support of a criminal enterprise. Drunk driver's cars can be impounded, but that's not the same thing.Absolutely not. The regular market will be half priced compared to the black market. I didn't mean to give that impression.
I was just saying that seizure for legal weed will still happen in the way it happens for others things that are legal, but used illegally. Guns are seized, despite them being legal. Cars are seized from drunken drivers, despite cars being legal, etc. So seizures wouldn't go away entirely, just at a much lower rate. However, the feds would still make heaps of money through taxation.
I'm not sure civil forfeiture laws are as all-encompassing as you believe. My understanding is assets can be seized if they're suspected of being used in support of a criminal enterprise. Drunk driver's cars can be impounded, but that's not the same thing.
As far as cognitive effects: I used to be a daily user and it didn't seem to hurt and may have helped in some endeavors, although that might have been an artifact of a relaxing ritual rather than a pharmacologic effect. But now that I use it rarely, and only with a couple of old friends, it absolutely affects my my thinking. I'll forget in mid-sentence what we are talking about. My friends, who use regularly, can always remind me, so it's not happening to them. I also never understood it being called a hallucinogen until I stopped. Though mild, it does seem to have that effect on me now. I don't use it if I have any pressing need to "maintain" during the next couple of hours.I agree. I apologize as I appear to be having issues stating myself clearly. I didn't mean to imply it would be as easy as it is now, but I'm not a huge advocate of taking people's **** based on cops thinking it could have been used to further an enterprise anyway. I just meant that seizures would still take place, though not in anyway like they do now and that the tax income from weed would offset the difference. I hope that helps clear things up.