• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency: Sweet/Sweat 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump Tweets

“James Comey has been rebuked at the highest level, with much more to come. An IG Report doesn’t get any stronger, calling him dangerous, insubordinate. THANK GOODNESS THAT DONALD TRUMP WAS ELECTED, BECAUSE IF HE WASN’T ELECTED, THESE PEOPLE WOULD STILL BE IN POWER. Two more.....

....reports are coming. Comey very vulnerable. But where is the Supreme Court. Where is Justice Roberts? If you lie to a court, you should be held in contempt. So, if you abused the FISA, you must be held accountable. I hope Justice Roberts will take action.” Jason Chaffetz, Fox​

Sigh
Wait - is this Trump speaking, or Jason Chaffetz? Either way, is this how they think the Supreme Court works?
 
Last edited:
Trump Tweets

“James Comey has been rebuked at the highest level, with much more to come. An IG Report doesn’t get any stronger, calling him dangerous, insubordinate. THANK GOODNESS THAT DONALD TRUMP WAS ELECTED, BECAUSE IF HE WASN’T ELECTED, THESE PEOPLE WOULD STILL BE IN POWER. Two more.....

....reports are coming. Comey very vulnerable. But where is the Supreme Court. Where is Justice Roberts? If you lie to a court, you should be held in contempt. So, if you abused the FISA, you must be held accountable. I hope Justice Roberts will take action.” Jason Chaffetz, Fox​

Sigh
Chaffetz will never get over not getting any traction on his Benghazi obsession. Of course he had reason to look for a scapegoat:
In 2012, Chaffetz admitted he “absolutely” voted to cut funding for U.S. embassy security amid GOP condemnation of the Obama administration for the Benghazi attack, which killed U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens.
 
Trump Tweets

I have not forgotten that when it was announced that I was going to do The Apprentice, and when it then became a big hit, helping NBC’s failed lineup greatly, @DebraMessing came up to me at an Upfront & profusely thanked me, even calling me “Sir.” How times have changed!
I never get tired of The Apprentice stories, Donnie. Keep em coming.
 
Trump Tweets

I have not forgotten that when it was announced that I was going to do The Apprentice, and when it then became a big hit, helping NBC’s failed lineup greatly, @DebraMessing came up to me at an Upfront & profusely thanked me, even calling me “Sir.” How times have changed!

She didn't know what a lying sack of crap you were then, Donnie. She knows now.

Messing had tweeted regarding a Beverly Hills fundraiser Trump is scheduled to attend:

Please print a list of all attendees please. The public has a right to know.

Apparently this was enough for Trump to feel the need to respond at a time when Florida and the southern East Coast are under threat from a cat 4 & 5 hurricane and after yet another mass shooting in Texas. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS IDIOT?
 
Trump squeezes in round of golf before hurricane hits

Official communications from the White House and statements from the president himself ahead of the weekend trip suggested that Trump would be spending his time at Camp David in Maryland monitoring and preparing for the storm.

According to press pool reports, however, Trump traveled to his Sterling, Virginia golf course Saturday morning by helicopter from Camp David. Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham reportedly told reporters that someone from FEMA was briefing him on the hurricane every hour.

FEMA, the Federal Emergency Management Agency, will oversee the federal preparations and response to the hurricane, despite the fact that the agency doesn't have a Senate-confirmed leader. Deputy FEMA administrator Pete Gaynor is currently serving as the acting administrator of the agency following Brock Long's resignation over his controversial use of government vehicles, according to Politico.

As concerns over the storm's potential damage grew, Trump brushed off potential concerns with Gaynor's experience ahead of the storm, telling reporters on Friday that "Acting gives you great flexibility that you don't have with permanent."

Gaynor reportedly accompanied Trump to Camp David to provide updates but it's not clear whether or not he was present on the golf course with Trump.
 
Trump played golf? I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell ya! :shocked:

"Acting gives you great flexibility that you don't have with permanent."

Really? And exactly how does that work? An acting director has some kind of ability or access to things a permanent director doesn't? More crap pouring out of Trump's pie hole.
 
Trump explains before yet another Category 5 storm that he's never heard of a Category 5 storm before

"We don't even know what's coming at us. All we know is it's possibly the biggest. I have -- I'm not sure that I've ever even heard of a Category 5. I knew it existed. And I've seen some Category 4's -- you don't even see them that much," Trump said at a briefing with officials at FEMA's headquarters in Washington, DC.

"But a Category 5 is something that -- I don't know that I've ever even heard the term other than I know it's there. That's the ultimate, and that's what we have unfortunately," he added, in reference to Hurricane Dorian.

The comments from the President came just before Dorian, a dangerous Category 5 storm, made landfall on the Abaco Islands in the Bahamas. The storm is the most recent of four Category 5 hurricanes to hit parts of the US since Trump assumed the Oval Office.

In September 2017, nearly eight months into Trump's presidency, Hurricane Irma, one of the strongest Atlantic basin hurricane ever recorded outside the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean Sea, affected at least nine US states. That same month, Hurricane Maria devastated the US territory of Puerto Rico, leaving behind an island that is still struggling to recover.

Last October, Hurricane Michael, which was originally designated as a Category 4, barreled into the Florida Panhandle as the third Category 5 hurricane to blast the US since Trump.

Trump has previously indicated several other times that Category 5 hurricanes are unprecedented weather events that either he or others had never heard of or witnessed.

In the days between the landfalls of Hurricane Irma and Maria, he said he "never even knew" they existed and said days later that "people (in Puerto Rico) had never seen anything like" the storm.

In October 2017, Trump claimed "nobody has ever heard of a (Category) 5 hitting land," and earlier this year, he again said he had never heard of a hurricane of that intensity.
 
Headline: PRESIDENT TRUMP BAFFLED BY WEATHER!

Not only does he shout at clouds, the responses confuse him.

It really is time for him to be quietly but firmly put into restrictive care.
 
Last October, Hurricane Michael, which was originally designated as a Category 4, barreled into the Florida Panhandle as the third Category 5 hurricane to blast the US since Trump.


Trump has had 3 previous Cat 5 hurricanes hit the US since he took office, but he can't remember them?

But a Category 5 is something that -- I don't know that I've ever even heard the term other than I know it's there.

But I bet he can tell you all about his great golf scores!
 
Trump played golf? I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell ya! :shocked:

"Acting gives you great flexibility that you don't have with permanent."

Really? And exactly how does that work? An acting director has some kind of ability or access to things a permanent director doesn't? More crap pouring out of Trump's pie hole.
I think the up side of acting directors and the like is that they don't have to be qualified and approved. If your desire is to have incompetent cronies gut their agencies and break laws, it's nice to be able to avoid congressional approval.
 
Trump played golf? I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell ya! :shocked:

"Acting gives you great flexibility that you don't have with permanent."

Really? And exactly how does that work? An acting director has some kind of ability or access to things a permanent director doesn't? More crap pouring out of Trump's pie hole.

Great flexibility to get the people in control that you want there without Congressional approval, that is, and no need to worry too much about betraying them on a whim or putting pressure to keep them doing what you want to.
 
Trump Tweets

“We hold that legislative prayer is government speech not open to attack via those channels.” Third Circuit, Court of Appeals. “Lou, that’s why this next Election is so important, the soul of America. They want to take religion out of American lives. Thank God for judges like....

.....this (Judge Thomas Ambro, Majotity Opinion), and thank God for a President like Donald J. Trump, who will appoint judges like this. He will soon have appointed 180 new Federal Judges, not even including two great new Supreme Court Justices.” @robertjeffress @LouDobbs
 
He just said "Thank God for me", it seems. I'd despair if I wasn't all despaired out.
 
Trump Tweets

“We hold that legislative prayer is government speech not open to attack via those channels.” Third Circuit, Court of Appeals. “Lou, that’s why this next Election is so important, the soul of America. They want to take religion out of American lives. Thank God for judges like....

.....this (Judge Thomas Ambro, Majotity Opinion), and thank God for a President like Donald J. Trump, who will appoint judges like this. He will soon have appointed 180 new Federal Judges, not even including two great new Supreme Court Justices.” @robertjeffress @LouDobbs
I think that people should petition Fox and Lou Dobbs particularly to allow religion back in American lives without any exceptions whatever. I'm sure they would be on board.

Doesn't matter that that's what the situation is now. There's plenty of religions to go around - nearly one per US citizen! ;)
 
I think that people should petition Fox and Lou Dobbs particularly to allow religion back in American lives without any exceptions whatever. I'm sure they would be on board.

Doesn't matter that that's what the situation is now. There's plenty of religions to go around - nearly one per US citizen! ;)

Not to them. To them, the only religions that are "real" are the ones they subscribe to.
 
I think you mean, “on point”.

No. And in America we put periods inside quotation marks.

"Whataboutism" does not apply here. I realize this thread is supposed to feed a kind of daily outrage so anything that provokes a moment of self-reflection might seem out of place... but there it is.
 
"Whataboutism" does not apply here. I realize this thread is supposed to feed a kind of daily outrage so anything that provokes a moment of self-reflection might seem out of place... but there it is.

Mmm. Not really. If Trump/those around him were/are doing good things, they fit here just as well. That he (and they) are largely not doing so is their fault and there's no good reason for the bad things that they do to be ignored. That's not a "supposed to be" situation at all.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom