• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency: Sweet/Sweat 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we're reduced to inferring things from stuff someone doesn't say then that's hardly a damning indictment :( :o

General Mattis chose to serve President Trump and did so loyally for a little under two years until President Trump preempted his resignation by firing him. I know that it's popular to portray all current and ex-service personnel as honourable warriors putting country before self to reluctantly join the Trump administration but it seems to me that they've joined enthusiastically, served diligently and not spoken out during or after their tenure (other than on limited matters of policy). This sounds more like someone who is an enthusiastic supporter of the President rather than a reluctant public servant. :mad:

YMMV


I work for the feds and did not quit when Trump was elected, Dost that make me a supporter of Trump.
I see nothing less then shouting "Trump is another Hitler" is being an "enthusiastic supporter of Trump" in your book.
 
When we're reduced to inferring things from stuff someone doesn't say then that's hardly a damning indictment

General Mattis chose to serve President Trump and did so loyally for a little under two years until President Trump preempted his resignation by firing him. I know that it's popular to portray all current and ex-service personnel as honourable warriors putting country before self to reluctantly join the Trump administration but it seems to me that they've joined enthusiastically, served diligently and not spoken out during or after their tenure (other than on limited matters of policy). This sounds more like someone who is an enthusiastic supporter of the President rather than a reluctant public servant.
I work for the feds and did not quit when Trump was elected, Dost that make me a supporter of Trump.
I think there is a difference between Mattis and your situation.

You were (I assume) a long term public servant acting in an non-political fashion while carrying out your duties. Unlike Mattis, you were not specifically hired by Trump, and your job provides needed income (i.e. you probably don't have options to immediately switch to alternative employment without disrupting your finances).
 
I don't think even the most ardent Trump opposers expected every person on the government's payroll to resign in protest or something like that.

Segnosaur is correct in the functional difference between working somewhere in the hierarchy of the vast Federal Government and working for Trump specifically.
 
They tried to explain eclipses to him and that didn't take.
I think they're still stuck on figuring out the tides.


I work for the feds and did not quit when Trump was elected, Dost that make me a supporter of Trump.
I see nothing less then shouting "Trump is another Hitler" is being an "enthusiastic supporter of Trump" in your book.

You seriously need to get your vision checked in that case.
 
Trump Tweets

“One of the most disgraceful examples of an abuse of power by a government official…when you read this report…this is a systematic effort to go after Candidate Trump, President Elect-Trump, and President Trump....you could virtually call this an attempted coup."
@RepPeteKing
 
Trump Tweets

“One of the most disgraceful examples of an abuse of power by a government official…when you read this report…this is a systematic effort to go after Candidate Trump, President Elect-Trump, and President Trump....you could virtually call this an attempted coup."
@RepPeteKing

More references either to ignoring future election results or trying to weaken an effort to impeach him.
 
I'd be more curious as to how people like Pirro, Hannity and Carlson feel about all this.

I mean, WE know that they are more or less Trump surrogates. They know it too. But, I'm sure they don't want to be labeled as Trump employees outright because they want to maintain a figleaf of journalist integrity.

For sure. Why would Trump ever get the idea that Fox News works for him?

Maybe because....that's how they've acted for the last three years!

If Fox doesn't want Trump to feel like they work for him, they need to stop acting like they work for him.
 
SpaceCom: Trump launches space warfare command
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49518612
More distraction.....
Oh, I don't think so. Yes, the idea isn't new with tRump but it's simply another avenue to open up in order to continue massive, massive military spending.


"Orange Ages", perhaps?
Or how about "Age of Orange" as oblique homage to the infamy of Vietnam and the destruction wrought?
 
For sure. Why would Trump ever get the idea that Fox News works for him?

One could easily interpret his comment a little differently.

For instance:

“Karen and I have decided that Facebook no longer works for us.”

Given the Principle of Charity, might he not have meant it that way: that Fox News no longer works for them to get their message across?

Of course, Trump’s imprecise language always leaves people scrambling around to guess what he means.
 
Last edited:
Trump Tweets

The Great State of North Carolina has EARLY VOTING for a very important Congressional (Ninth) race. Please vote early (now), or on Election Day, September 10th, for Dan Bishop, a great guy. His opponent wants Open Borders, Sanctuary Cities & is weak on Crime, Military & Vets!
 
This is what could get more GOP members to abandon Trump:

President Trump Tweets Sensitive Surveillance Image of Iran
"The United States of America was not involved in the catastrophic accident during final launch preparations for the Safir [Space Launch Vehicle] Launch at Semnan Launch Site One in Iran," the president said in a tweet that accompanied the image on Friday. "I wish Iran best wishes and good luck in determining what happened at Site One."
 
Nah, that won't do it.

His Chosen one statements might, though.

Nothing else seems to have done it. I don't know why that would do it now. He bounces back, always it seems. And his sycophants just follow along behind him. I wonder if anyone is doing so out of fear of his revenge.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom