• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency: Sweet/Sweat 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
SpaceCom: Trump launches space warfare command

US President Donald Trump has launched a new Pentagon command focused on warfare in space.

It comes as US military chiefs see China and Russia making advancements in the military final frontier.

The command will focus on defending American interests in space, such as the hundreds of satellites used for communication and surveillance.

"SpaceCom will ensure that America's dominance in space is never threatened," Mr Trump said.

"This is a landmark day, one that recognizes the centrality of space to America's security and defence," he said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49518612
 
President Trump, who totally does not have NPD, said earlier this week.

“There has never been a time in the history of our Country that the Media was so Fraudulent, Fake, or Corrupt.” When his presidency is "looked back on," he said, he hopes that a "big part" of his legacy will be "the exposing of massive dishonesty" in the press.​
 
Cheeto Christ, Cheeto Christ
He's like if Jesus were pumpkin-spiced.
Cheeto Christ Stupid Czar
Mad Tangerine-coloured commissar.

- Randy Rainbow, 29 August 2019

:bigclap
:rainbow:
:heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:
 
A liability only means electoral liability.

That is what I meant, yes.

The only way Trump becomes electoral liability is if the economy gets worse.

...which it seems to be doing - and specifically impacting industries that are full of people who voted for him, such as farmers and truckers. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was losing support in the military, too.
 
Whoops. I left out the most important part of the tweet.

There has never been a time in the history of our Country that the Media was so Fraudulent, Fake, or Corrupt! When the “Age of Trump” is looked back on many years from now, I only hope that a big part of my legacy will be the exposing of massive dishonesty in the Fake News!
 

When we're reduced to inferring things from stuff someone doesn't say then that's hardly a damning indictment :( :o

General Mattis chose to serve President Trump and did so loyally for a little under two years until President Trump preempted his resignation by firing him. I know that it's popular to portray all current and ex-service personnel as honourable warriors putting country before self to reluctantly join the Trump administration but it seems to me that they've joined enthusiastically, served diligently and not spoken out during or after their tenure (other than on limited matters of policy). This sounds more like someone who is an enthusiastic supporter of the President rather than a reluctant public servant. :mad:

YMMV
 
When we're reduced to inferring things from stuff someone doesn't say then that's hardly a damning indictment :( :o

I didn't say it was a damning indictment. But it's not quite nothing, either.

General Mattis chose to serve President Trump and did so loyally for a little under two years until President Trump preempted his resignation by firing him. I know that it's popular to portray all current and ex-service personnel as honourable warriors putting country before self to reluctantly join the Trump administration but it seems to me that they've joined enthusiastically, served diligently and not spoken out during or after their tenure (other than on limited matters of policy). This sounds more like someone who is an enthusiastic supporter of the President rather than a reluctant public servant. :mad:

I've never described Mattis as an honourable warrior, or implied that he was putting country before self by joining the Trump administration.

I've no idea where you're getting any of this stuff from. Why not, instead of attributing things to me that are not implied by what I've written, read the article and form your own opinion of what Mattis has to say?
 
I didn't say it was a damning indictment. But it's not quite nothing, either.

It's as close to nothing as it's possible to be - after all, that's what he's said - nothing.

I've never described Mattis as an honourable warrior, or implied that he was putting country before self by joining the Trump administration.

I've no idea where you're getting any of this stuff from. Why not, instead of attributing things to me that are not implied by what I've written, read the article and form your own opinion of what Mattis has to say?

I'm not accusing you of anything. The General Mattis as noble warrior is/was a consistent meme both here at the ISF and in the media at large. Indeed the whole "he dislikes Trump but his code of silence prevents him from criticising him" is an example.

Regarding the article, I did read it and it comes across to me as a Mattis fanboi trying to excuse his most objectionable actions:

To some of his friends, though, Mattis was beginning to place his reputation at risk. He had, in the fall of 2018, acquiesced to Trump’s deployment of troops to the U.S.-Mexico border, and he was becoming contemptuous of a Pentagon press corps that was trying to perform its duty in difficult circumstances.

The alternative interpretation is that he was happy to deploy the troops and he was like his boss in being contemptuous of the #FakeNews media.

....and reading a lot into silence:
 
Trump Tweets

General Motors, which was once the Giant of Detroit, is now one of the smallest auto manufacturers there. They moved major plants to China, BEFORE I CAME INTO OFFICE. This was done despite the saving help given them by the USA. Now they should start moving back to America again?
 
It's as close to nothing as it's possible to be - after all, that's what he's said - nothing.

Not quite, no.

Indeed the whole "he dislikes Trump but his code of silence prevents him from criticising him" is an example.

I mean, that's from Mattis himself, so it's to be expected that it paints Mattis in a good light.

Regarding the article, I did read it and it comes across to me as a Mattis fanboi trying to excuse his most objectionable actions:

There's obvious bias in the article - it's written by a long-time friend of his, as the article itself says. That doesn't mean to say that the quotes themselves can't be of mild interest.
 
https://twitter.com/FrancoOrdonez/status/1167171076700430337

President Trump has just cancelled his trip to Poland, he said, so that he can focus on the incoming hurricane. Said trip will be rescheduled.

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1167172195837239297

Trump was expected to meet with Ukraine's president on Sunday while in Poland. Remains to be seen whether VP will still meet w/Zelensky, and whether subject of halted aid to Ukraine will come up.
 
Trump Tweets

The disastrous IG Report on James Comey shows, in the strongest of terms, how unfairly I, and tens of millions of great people who support me, were treated. Our rights and liberties were illegally stripped away by this dishonest fool. We should be given our stolen time back?
 
Trump Tweets

The disastrous IG Report on James Comey shows, in the strongest of terms, how unfairly I, and tens of millions of great people who support me, were treated. Our rights and liberties were illegally stripped away by this dishonest fool. We should be given our stolen time back?


And we're back to him talking about using the investigation as justification to extend his term, again. But I'm sure he's just joking.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom