• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know this is real or not, but I do like it

[qimg]http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1284&pictureid=12206[/qimg]

Yes. I listened to some of the post-war Superman radio serials and they would often have a very similar public service announcement at the end.
 
I don't know this is real or not, but I do like it

[qimg]http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1284&pictureid=12206[/qimg]

Probably trying to atone for this one, from the previous decade:

04mHeYL.jpg
 
I don't follow your reasoning.

Because of Trump, republicans lost 17% of their seats and almost the entire suburbs. A lot of republicans retired going into 2018. The lack of complaining republicans is because the republicans that didn't like it were voted out by democrats.
 
Trump Tweets

Just had a very good call with @Swedish PM Stefan Löfven who assured me that American citizen A$AP Rocky will be treated fairly. Likewise, I assured him that A$AP was not a flight risk and offered to personally vouch for his bail, or an alternative....

....Our teams will be talking further, and we agreed to speak again in the next 48 hours!

Reality check: there's nothing like bail in Sweden. You are either let go until you are convicted or, typically in more serious crimes or when someone is a flight risk or is likely to interfere with the criminal investigation, they are held in pre-trial detention until the court makes its judgment.

Moreover the government cannot order any prosecutor to do anything, nor can they order the release of anyone suspected of a crime. The government can pardon people, or give them clemency, but that requires that they have actually been convicted.

He will be treated fairly and be subject to Sweden's justice system like everyone else, no matter how loudly these people cry racist injustice. They can cry me a river for all I care, it won't do them any good.
 
He will be treated fairly and be subject to Sweden's justice system like everyone else, no matter how loudly these people cry racist injustice. They can cry me a river for all I care, it won't do them any good.
For real democracies, this kind of attempted foreign interference can only hurt diplomatic relationships and will have no effect whatsoever on the criminal case. Just making the call shows yet again the ineptitude of our racist-in-chief.
 
Reality check: there's nothing like bail in Sweden. You are either let go until you are convicted or, typically in more serious crimes or when someone is a flight risk or is likely to interfere with the criminal investigation, they are held in pre-trial detention until the court makes its judgment.

Moreover the government cannot order any prosecutor to do anything, nor can they order the release of anyone suspected of a crime. The government can pardon people, or give them clemency, but that requires that they have actually been convicted.

He will be treated fairly and be subject to Sweden's justice system like everyone else, no matter how loudly these people cry racist injustice. They can cry me a river for all I care, it won't do them any good.

Of course Trump's tweet was just another one of his 11 billion lies. If he did actually contact the Swedish PM on this he was probably just told to piss off and mind his own business.
 
For real democracies, this kind of attempted foreign interference can only hurt diplomatic relationships and will have no effect whatsoever on the criminal case. Just making the call shows yet again the ineptitude of our racist-in-chief.
Oh, but he needs things to happen so he can take credit for them. When Sweden gives him a fair trial or extradites him or whatever they choose to do, Trump can say it's because of him. "He would have gotten 300 years of jail and been hit with a cane, I'm telling you, the Swedes use canes, the best canes, I have many good friends and of course I would make the canes better, I could fill a stadium 10 times over if I started a cane business because no one makes canes better than me" etc.
 
Yes, but he had charm and wit. The current occupant lashes out and lies like a bitter incel.

Obama was a thin-skinned narcissist unfit for the job. Trump is a master communicator who can rebrand the Squad as the face of the Democrat party with just a handful of racist tweets.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom