The Greater Fool
Illuminator
Sorry for the error.Correction: my mom was an abandoning drug addict's wife. Grandpop was the preacher.![]()
That's the whole point. In this season of joy, an inclusive set of religious displays seems a way of spreading joy, fairly. Christians wanted a display, which left out non-Christians. Jews wanted a display that left out non-Jews. Satanists wanted a display that left out the ignorant (those against knowledge). Seems everyone can be equally happy or unhappy, their choice.Yes, nativities and menorahs are religious, of course. What I am saying is that (especially the nativity) have become more party decorations which can be lightly seen independently of their origins
Again, that's the point. Allow them all, or better, remove them all as they don't belong there at all.Ideally, I'd like to see Nativities removed from public displays. But I think that would necessitate removing Menorahs too, no?
On balance, I think it is a net win to allow everyone to decorate for the holidays, even if they have religious elements.
There is no need for any of them on State grounds. There are plenty of other venues for celebrating.Would it be better to keep Santa and the trees and lose the Menorahs? That seems far more exclusive to me. Serious question
I suspect her special creation, elements, and handling may contradict that observation. Then again, my family wasn't particularly religious either, but the nativity was also handed down and in a special place of respect (reverence?). It was not a party favor.Eta: BTW, my great grandmom was not particularly religious, that I recall
Plus, have you never watched a horror movie? Good/evil is attached to artifacts and don't require belief of the holder
Last edited: