Thermal
August Member
Except all the stuff people like didn't come from Christianity. The parts that aren't secular (nativity) aren't secular. Even Santa is bastardized and barely related to it's source.
Again, the displays in the State building were recognized, by all, as religoius displays. It's why the Menorah is there, which is unrelated to Christmas, to which you have no objection. It had to fight it's way in a couple decades ago, too.
They are religious displays to those displaying them, whether you think so or not.
See, that's the thing: I see the plastic nativity as right on par with a plastic Santa. Sure, if you are Satanist, that might not be your decorating style. But just like the star or angel at the top of a tree, I think it is far less 'religious' than some people assume. I think it has slid along with the name of the holiday to be part of the decor.
For the 'Keep Christ in Christmas' crowd, yes, it will maintain its traditional meaning. Although it seems like a graven image problem to me. Oh,well. To hell they go , then. That will make the Satanists happy for Christmas.