The Greater Fool
Illuminator
Sorry to tangle threads of thought...You mean like the White House Christmas tree? Are the Devil dudes hanging little skulls on that?
Hey, what is the rotunda at the Nation's Capitol looking like nowadays?
I went back and looked at the original articles and note this statue is placed between a nativity scene and a Menorah. These are not secular items, no where near. Back in the day, the Menorah had as hard a time getting equal time as the Satanists are now. [ETA: Dammit SuburbanTurkey]
The Satanists are not defacing Abrahamic religious displays, nor are they messing with Christmas trees, so why would you think that is a next step?
Your argument about Christmas being centuries basically comes down to "We were here first." The point being made is that no one should have been first, but since the door is now open, everyone is welcome to the party on equal footing.
You seem to believe the Satanist display is not sincere (the spokesman sure seemed sincere).
'But Christmas was here first, so get another day.' Why do only Christians get Christmas? Christmas is mine too, and I think advocating free thought is cool at this time of year.
(Sorry about the paraphrases, I hope I didn't straw man them).
Last edited: