• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: The Trump Presidency 11: Insert something funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget that all of the founders were fundy Christians, the constitution is based entirely on the Bible, and they intended only true believers (not including Jooz, Catlickers, Mooslims, and Presbyterians to be allowed to vote. Oh, and anybody not White and Male.

You joke, but as a heuristic, if I have to bet who is thinking like and interpreting correctly the document written by a bunch of white slave owners from 220 years ago, I'm going to pick the conservative over the liberal.
 
I just have to use two new words that I came across today that fit so well in this thread.

Trump is a clustertist (read that very carefully :)) who engages in quomodocunquizing.

Putting the "E" in ISF.

I don't know, not to short change Trump but the family in Shameless is a much better example of quomodocunquizing. Getting welfare checks for the dead aunt you buried in the back yard, selling pot from an ice cream truck, selling guns IN the school, to the principal, no less, having a human breast-milk dairy in a rat-infested apartment, porn, prostitution, and so on.
 
Last edited:
Because the well regulated militia doesn't change the meaning of the rule. It could say, "In order to prevent witches curses." The rule does not include direction if the reason for it becomes irrelevant.
"Meaning"

You joke, but as a heuristic, if I have to bet who is thinking like and interpreting correctly the document written by a bunch of white slave owners from 220 years ago, I'm going to pick the conservative over the liberal.
"Correctly"
 
Trump Tweets

China has agreed to reduce and remove tariffs on cars coming into China from the U.S. Currently the tariff is 40%.

The White House doesn't support this claim.
Neither does Beijing.

What seems to be the case is that the US and China have set themselves a 90 day deadline in which to come to an agreement about tariffs, IP theft and other issues, and not implement any NEW tariffs until then.
 
I don't follow.

It's partly snark with reference to your own peculiar way of looking at, and discussing, certain words, and partly commentary about the fact that we can't really know if the 'meaning' of the rule can really ever be said to be interpreted 'correctly', given its origin.

** i stand to be completely corrected
 
Last edited:
It's partly snark with reference to your own peculiar way of looking at, and discussing, certain words, and partly commentary about the fact that we can't really know if the 'meaning' of the rule can really ever be said to interpreted 'correctly', given its origin.

** i stand to be completely corrected

Two points.

I used heuristic and bet specifically to identify that it is an unskeptical position. Because I will unskeptical you gamble all day.

Second, I only apply originalism in cases where liberals have a consensus on original meaning. They surprisingly admit when they are going against the original meaning.

ETA: Point three: you are correct though. But given its origin, that is why I would place my bet for correct divination on the group of people with the greatest sympathy for white land owners with a sense of entitlement and view that black people are chattel.
 
Last edited:
So this is a thing that's happening now.


[qimg]http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1331&pictureid=11971[/qimg]

One of them's going to become Magneto one day.

Why would the red Cross tattoo people?

Duh I no brain life!
 
This is very interesting especially since I've only heard from Republicans the last 25 years is that the 'right way' to interpret the Constitution is to apply an originalist approach.

So, it seems as if the GOP is in a quandary. Either abandon long held principles or embrace Trumps corruption and sell the country out.

How is that a quandary, they only use that as a tactic after all, it doesn't mean anything more than their statements about wanting a balanced budget which they will get by cutting taxes and increasing military spending.
 
You're looking at screenshots of a video that has had 2.32 million views of Trump cocking up by wandering offstage mumbling 'get me outta here', chased by an aide trying to call him back, when he should have been standing there for a photo op with the president of Argentina, who himself starts pacing arbitrarily around on stage.

Give trump a day and he will have convinced himself that he didn't look in any way silly.
 
When the 2000 election hung on a thread and Florida ordered a recount, the Supreme Court ruled against Florida. The 5 judges generally considered the most conservative and in favor of state's rights were the ones that ruled against Florida while the 4 most associated with the liberal side ruled in Florida's favor.

Consistency and Hobgoblins. :)

Ah but that ruling is specifically not about legal arguments, if it was in the ruling itself it would have been permitted to be cited in legal arguments. As the ruling itself says it can not be you lose.

This is the kind of crazy logic that supreme court justices should recuse themselves for conflicts of interest. That is totally not what being on the supreme court is about.
 
Trump Tweets

We would save Billions of Dollars if the Democrats would give us the votes to build the Wall. Either way, people will NOT be allowed into our Country illegally! We will close the entire Southern Border if necessary. Also, STOP THE DRUGS!
 
Trump Tweets

My meeting in Argentina with President Xi of China was an extraordinary one. Relations with China have taken a BIG leap forward! Very good things will happen. We are dealing from great strength, but China likewise has much to gain if and when a deal is completed. Level the field!

President Xi and I have a very strong and personal relationship. He and I are the only two people that can bring about massive and very positive change, on trade and far beyond, between our two great Nations. A solution for North Korea is a great thing for China and ALL!

Farmers will be a a very BIG and FAST beneficiary of our deal with China. They intend to start purchasing agricultural product immediately. We make the finest and cleanest product in the World, and that is what China wants. Farmers, I LOVE YOU!

I am certain that, at some time in the future, President Xi and I, together with President Putin of Russia, will start talking about a meaningful halt to what has become a major and uncontrollable Arms Race. The U.S. spent 716 Billion Dollars this year. Crazy!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom