• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: The Trump Presidency 11: Insert something funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, the revised trade deal might be a little better in the US favor. If Democrats are decent they'll accept it, I think.

It's not a big difference, as I understand it. But it's a little bit more in our favor.

Someone who knows more of the details can correct me.

Here's a little assessment. The changes are minor, yes, and apparently in favor of the US overall. Even so, there's also the question about how much "soft power" will be lost in the process. (Attempted) Bullying can be great for short term gains, but very bad for long-term mutually beneficial partnerships with all potential partners, and regardless of the specifics of the deal, Trump's shaped the perception towards the US trying to be a bully.

It's a meeting. It's not the one previously expected. I'd give Trump a pass on this one.

Mmm. I'm more ambivalent. I've been less unhappy about the fact that they meet, though, than the fact that Trump's repeatedly acted exactly as if he was intentionally hiding what's said from pretty much everyone else, even though topics important to Congress and the Military are being claimed to be invoked. If there were, say, accessible and trustworthy recordings or more standard diplomatic procedure going on with those meetings, that would go a long way towards actually addressing the real concerns about their meetings.
 

Now there is a Axis of Evil for you.
And Donnie looking on. probably envying them. He so wishes he could murder his opponents.


Ohh I just though of another fictional match for Donnie in terms of evil:
Mayor Willikins of Sunnydale in season 3 of Buffy The Vampire Slayer.
Though only in evil.The Mayor was a lot smarter. In inteeligence, Donnie more resembles the Trio in Season Six.
 
Trump might need the House to seal the deal with regards to NAFTA 2.0.
What might he give up in return?

No. He "just signed" because someone caught the idiot's attention long enough to point out the Congress is required to wait thirty days from being presented with a trade treaty before they can vote on it. He "just signed" to get it into the GOP House before the Dem House is seated.
 
Official meeting, still cancelled.

a brief impromptu meeting same as other leaders, scheduled.

Did you mean to cite a tweet that directly supports what i already explained? If so?

GOOD JOB

Great defense. Just what is an "official meeting" other than one that the Impervious One tells people about. And what the hell does the oxymoron "impromptu .... scheduled" mean?

I'm looking but can't find Trump, Flynn, Huckleberry-Parselmouth or anyone denying that this "impromptu scheduled" meeting is going to take place. The Kremlin just passed us a note from Vladi..... "Hey! You don't cancel meetings with me! I cancel meetings with you! You aren't the boss of me!"
 
No. He "just signed" because someone caught the idiot's attention long enough to point out the Congress is required to wait thirty days from being presented with a trade treaty before they can vote on it. He "just signed" to get it into the GOP House before the Dem House is seated.
I don't think it'll make it, unless there's a special session. Congress doesn't usually do much of anything the last two weeks of the year. They'd be lucky to get together a quorum.
 
So this is a thing that's happening now.


picture.php
 
I don't think it'll make it, unless there's a special session. Congress doesn't usually do much of anything the last two weeks of the year. They'd be lucky to get together a quorum.

I'd bet on them making the deadline. When there's a reason, they keep the lower or upper chamber in session.
 
He also added on twitter:
"Oh, I get it! I am a very good developer, happily living my life, when I see our Country going in the wrong direction (to put it mildly). Against all odds, I decide to run for President & continue to run my business-very legal & very cool, talked about it on the campaign trail... ....Lightly looked at doing a building somewhere in Russia. Put up zero money, zero guarantees and didn’t do the project. Witch Hunt!"

I foresee Colbert doing this tweet in trump's voice, and I see he's remembered to capitalise the word "country" again.

The more he tweets, the more data there is that the facts will eventually contradict.
Yep, he's doing it right now. :p
 
Now there is a Axis of Evil for you.
And Donnie looking on. probably envying them. He so wishes he could murder his opponents.


Ohh I just though of another fictional match for Donnie in terms of evil:
Mayor Willikins of Sunnydale in season 3 of Buffy The Vampire Slayer.
Though only in evil.The Mayor was a lot smarter. In inteeligence, Donnie more resembles the Trio in Season Six.


As you say the Mayor was smarter. He was also erudite, polite, charming and pretty meticulous in his long term planning. Other than the whole 'turn into a giant snake and eat people' bit he seemed pretty good for a politician.
 
i'll alert korea, viet nam, grenada, panama, iraq, afghanistan and iraq again.

super solid point.

:rolleyes:

Just to be clear, since really you're not making any comment on the law itself, are you suggesting that the President should be able to usurp the powers of Congress? That Obama was wrong for seeking Congressional approval to do so?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom