• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Ed George Soros and others targetted by Terrorist

Surely, if a Democratic activist sent the bombs, it would not change my vote at all. I'd think he was a terrible person, just as I'd think that a Republican sending the bombs was a terrible person. But I don't judge the entire party by the behavior of one person.

If Mitch McConnell or Diane Feinstein sent the package, I'd revisit my vote if they're on my ballot or if someone on my ballot supports them despite this deed.

I feel the same way, I was simply illustrating that IF a Dem sent the package hoping to help the Dems, it would have the opposite effect.
 
Odd that return address is Debbie Wasserman Shultz, who resigned from the DNC Chair after rigging the primary against Bernie.

That adds the possibility of a crazy Bernie Supporter trying to sway the midterms by sending inoperable bombs to prominent dems.

Maybe. But perhaps it's best to wait and see where the investigation goes, rather than engaging in wild speculation.

I'm speaking in part on the behalf of The Big Dog, who is a known Bernie supporter. I wouldn't want anyone to think this was his doing.
 
Odd that return address is Debbie Wasserman Shultz, who resigned from the DNC Chair after rigging the primary against Bernie.

That adds the possibility of a crazy Bernie Supporter trying to sway the midterms by sending inoperable bombs to prominent dems.

I thought they'd be better spellers. It's Schultz, not Shultz as in the bomb... and curiously enough, your post.
 
yes it does.

No it doesn't. You explanation survives on its own merits. For example a conclusion that turns out to be right but used logical fallacies is not correct.

ETA: except for me. If it turns out that he blames them for microwaves in his brain, I'm putting that in my signature line!
 
Last edited:
You can put a timer on anything, if it doesn't have a trigger, the timer is just for show.
I have no clue whether these bombs were intentional duds. Twelve out of twelve failed. I think that's some evidence in the classroom that they were meant to fail.

But that tells me rather little about the guy sending them. And it tells me nothing at all about the two parties. This fella is an aberration, regardless of his political affiliation.
 
So basically we're just not going to believe these bombs were sent "seriously" until someone dies / gets seriously hurt.
 
Are you saying "no I won't" because even if this is a direct result of the President telling his supporters that the press is the enemy of the people, that Hillary should be in jail and that she and Obama are leading a deep state plotting against him, it's still all the media's fault?

I would also appreciate an answer to this question.

At the moment, 100% of Trump enablers in this thread are on the spectrum of "Libruls did it - fake news - not really bombs if they don't explode". It really shows the level of malice and stupidity that has taken root in conservative America.
 
No it doesn't. You explanation survives on its own merits. For example a conclusion that turns out to be right but used logical fallacies is not correct.

ETA: except for me. If it turns out that he blames them for microwaves in his brain, I'm putting that in my signature line!

i wasn't using logical fallacies.
 
So basically we're just not going to believe these bombs were sent "seriously" until someone dies / gets seriously hurt.

That could be a safe bet statistically. Out of the number of mail bombs sent, how what percent are fake, inoperable, and real?

People are really bad with heuristics though. The basic assumption of threat should be based on the collected data on mail bombs.

You know who we shouldn't trust? Bomb experts. Time and time again, we find out expert conclusions do not align with probability based on data. That comes up in things like the push for evidence based medicine and the resistance of doctors

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence-based_medicine
 
Federal authorities have arrested a man in Florida in connection to the suspected explosive packages, according to multiple law enforcement sources.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom