• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Ed George Soros and others targetted by Terrorist

The stokiometry to get gasoline to explode is actually surprisingly tricky when trying to use oxygen in the air as the oxidizing agent in an enclosure. Even gasoline vapor tends to burn quickly, rather than explode.

Now firework charges have solid oxidizing agents mixed in.

We were 10 years old and not very bright about a lot of things.

Although I am lucky that we didn't have an internet back then. Fortunately, we didn't think of a pipe bomb, and tried to use cardboard tubes instead. The problem was we couldn't cap the ends solidly and they just popped off. Pipe thread would have worked a lot better. We had plenty of gunpowder.
 
It’s not a sensible argument when the bomber put time/effort to make something that could actually explode and build a timer and detonator that could actually trigger and explosion. “maybe they don’t properly wire up the detonator and were building it just for show” is a completely nonsensical argument in this context.
It is sensible from the perspective of someone who wishes their threat to seem credible.
If the message they wished to use to intimidate the intended recipients were to carry weight, the terrorist would wish to make it clear that the the bombs could have been real- in other words, the sender would want to demonstrate that they were capable of building a bomb that would actually blow up, and chose not to this time.
 
Hell, no liberal I know would think about Soros, either. He is 100% a right wing boogeyman. And Brennan?

But if you listen to Rush Limbaugh, I'm sure you are very familiar with how evil they are.

Well, I don't, so I don't. :D
 
Hmmmm, who to believe, an anonymous poster on the internet, or the experts that have dealt with the devices and say "The bomb intended for Brennan ... was designed to be functional"

Hmmmmm, I just can't decide...

Hmmm, who to believe an anonymous source on the internet who linked to the piece of **** or other anonymous sources on the internet.

FUN

You lack imagination. You don't need an alarm function to use it as a timer.

Perhaps, regale us with tales how that piece of **** was designed to function here.

tick tock
 
It is sensible from the perspective of someone who wishes their threat to seem credible.
If the message they wished to use to intimidate the intended recipients were to carry weight, the terrorist would wish to make it clear that the the bombs could have been real- in other words, the sender would want to demonstrate that they were capable of building a bomb that would actually blow up, and chose not to this time.

The mob used to just send a guy a fish. The threat was understood.
 
Seriously, this is a dumb argument.

One bomb was found and destroyed, the other 7 were intercepted by either the Secret Service or other authorities and disarmed by the bomb squad. Why do you think the things should have exploded? Do you think that when the bomb squad got them that they should have just put them on a table to see what would happen? The reason none went off was because they were found and deal with in time. No one that has actually dealt with the devices has said that they would not have exploded, in fact the exact opposite seems to be the case.

Good points.
 
Are you kidding me with this?

I pointed out a strawman. Your rebuttal turned out to be something else entirely. Now you're agreeing that it's something else entirely, and yet somehow still mad at me for telling you that your rebuttal is something else entirely.

And all of this handwaving is your best effort to defend Darat's, JoeMorgue's, and AnonyMoose's spurious claims. Like, seriously, this is as good as it gets, for you.

You are now making your own straw man. Great, full circle.

Note that I already said before my last post that his argument did not exactly match what you called a straw man. My rebuttal showed your 'pressing' the others to support their accusation was utterly pointless when someone is making a worse argument. Straw men are made because they are easier to attack and defeat than the actual argument being made. When the actual argument being made is weaker than the straw man, it becomes pointless to concern ourselves with 'did someone make this exact statement'? That 'something else entirely' is kind of important.

Harping on that is only suitable for obfuscation, 'points scoring' and smearing the other 'side'. You're damn right I am mad that you'd keep doing that when there are viable bombs being sent and your point is interfering with showing that people are victim blaming. I don't give a damn if you thought your 'point' was important to 'press' on or if you just can't give it up because you think it is 'technically right'.

A year ago when I said that supports will become violent when Trump starts losing power, regardless of mechanism, that GOP supporters here would blame the liberals regardless for starting the violence, I wasn't thinking you'd be one running interference for them.

The sad thing is that I know it will get worse from you. You're laying with dogs.
 
Obviously since the part is commercially available, the bomb was fake. The Big Dog solves another one.

I admit I was getting a little suspicious myself, after a trip to Lowe's today in which I noticed whole shelves full of PVC pipe for sale.

As much as I hate to say it....

The clock Dog linked to is just a clock. It has no alarm. It is not clear to me how it could be used as a detonator.

That said, I'm not a clock-maker, nor an electrician, nor a bomb-maker. The only physical objects of any worth than I can make from scratch are bunny cages, children's play tables and such.

That said another that said, it may have some value as a detonator to someone more skilled than I. The guts of the little clocks may be made from very cheap mass produced digital watches or something, with some controls accessible inside the case. Imagine a the guts of a cheap wristwatch attached to a larger screen. Something like that.

If they did go off, they could do harm. People lose fingers and eyes to fireworks all the time. It's not hard to imagine some poor mailroom clerk losing an eye or some fingers, or getting an unlucky hit to the neck. Small doesn't mean harmless, it just makes it more personal.

They could be fake, in the sense that they didn't have full detonators. Or, the timer may have been backup for a physical trigger that didn't work. In one image, the clock face appears damaged. Who knows? It may take a few days (or much longer) for the details to leak out.

There are still a million things possible based on the little information that has been released. Maybe the bomber made a prototype, took it out in the woods, and it went "boom", but more due to luck than skill, so the subsequent bombs didn't go off because the original design was crap. Maybe they were all damaged in transit. Maybe between prototype and final batteries ran too low to actually make a spark.

Maybe, maybe, maybe.

Too soon to declare that they were not intended to detonate, but too soon to rule that out either.
 
Hmmm, who to believe an anonymous source on the internet who linked to the piece of **** or other anonymous sources on the internet.

FUN



Perhaps, regale us with tales how that piece of **** was designed to function here.

tick tock

Well I guess if you think that of NBC 's reporting, then there's no point in going further because you are so far down the Trump "Fake News" rabbit hole that no links to any mainstream media will convince you of anything.
 
Perhaps, regale us with tales how that piece of **** was designed to function here.

How it was used? How could I possibly know that. The FBI is dissecting the bombs right now, not me.

How it could be used? Well in the simplest case, the first digit of the hour only gets turned on when it's 10, 11, or 12. There's a simple signal to tap into if you want a timer less than 9 hours. Want a longer one? An oscillator that runs at a different frequency to make a cheap clock run at a different rate will cost under a dollar.
 
Well I guess if you think that of NBC 's reporting, then there's no point in going further because you are so far down the Trump "Fake News" rabbit hole that no links to any mainstream media will convince you of anything.

Oh dear, you changed your tune! I guess anonymous is OK when it supports the Resistance!

Cool story, bro.
 
Oh dear, you changed your tune! I guess anonymous is OK when it supports the Resistance!

Cool story, bro.

No, I just don't subscribe to the dumbass idea that no Mainstream News story can be accepted as true unless the reporter gives the name, address, and phone number of their source.
 
How it was used? How could I possibly know that. The FBI is dissecting the bombs right now, not me.

How it could be used? Well in the simplest case, the first digit of the hour only gets turned on when it's 10, 11, or 12. There's a simple signal to tap into if you want a timer less than 9 hours. Want a longer one? An oscillator that runs at a different frequency to make a cheap clock run at a different rate will cost under a dollar.

Or you know, buy a the cheapest clock you can find that is designed to stick on other stuff and stick it on there.

I mean why would anyone go through all that ******** you just said when they could, ya know, buy a clock with an alarm function?

protip: it wasn't designed to explode.

We'll see, the FBI is looking into whether the tiny piece of **** could be made to explode without sticking a hand grenade on it. :D

Heck, i might even be wrong, gotta be a first time.
 
No, I just don't subscribe to the dumbass idea that no Mainstream News story can be accepted as true unless the reporter gives the name, address, and phone number of their source.

Ok, well then you are backing off your objection that the big dog is anonymous.

cool, cool.
 
Or you know, buy a the cheapest clock you can find that is designed to stick on other stuff and stick it on there.

I mean why would anyone go through all that ******** you just said when they could, ya know, buy a clock with an alarm function?

protip: it wasn't designed to explode.

We'll see, the FBI is looking into whether the tiny piece of **** could be made to explode without sticking a hand grenade on it. :D

Heck, i might even be wrong, gotta be a first time.

Thanks, I needed a laugh
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom