• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Ed George Soros and others targetted by Terrorist

Okay I "get" all the Democratic leaders and George Soros. Those have been boogeyman for the far right for years.

But De Niro? That's sort of out of left field. Even if the bomber just wanted an example of a "Hollywood Liberal" on the list, De Niro?
He directed harsh insults towards Trump recently at a high profile event.
 
What are the possibilities?

1. A crazed right winger getting back at all the Dems who have gone after Trump Supporters

2. A Liberal who is trying to make the Trump Supporters look bad by targeting Dems who have targeted Trump.

3. An Isis (or other terrorist group) plot to only scare Dems who have gone after Trump.

4. A non political Crazy person who thought he would throw a wrench in the mid term election frenzy.


3 is a non-starter for me, I think at least one would have blown up if this was the case.
1 and 4, I think at least one would have blown up, or at least been functional.

2 is the only one who would have intentionally sent a non-functional device in my opinion.

Please add other possibilities if I'm leaving any out.

Famous politicians receive death threats. The idea that these were not real bombs don't make them more suspect than the regular death threats.
 
Okay I "get" all the Democratic leaders and George Soros. Those have been boogeyman for the far right for years.

But De Niro? That's sort of out of left field. Even if the bomber just wanted an example of a "Hollywood Liberal" on the list, De Niro?

Outspoken Trump critic.
 
What are the possibilities?

1. A crazed right winger getting back at all the Dems who have gone after Trump Supporters

2. A Liberal who is trying to make the Trump Supporters look bad by targeting Dems who have targeted Trump.

3. An Isis (or other terrorist group) plot to only scare Dems who have gone after Trump.

4. A non political Crazy person who thought he would throw a wrench in the mid term election frenzy.


3 is a non-starter for me, I think at least one would have blown up if this was the case.
1 and 4, I think at least one would have blown up, or at least been functional.

2 is the only one who would have intentionally sent a non-functional device in my opinion.

Please add other possibilities if I'm leaving any out.
I don't at all follow your reasoning to think option 1 is not a strong possibility.

Personally I think a crazy right winger is the most likely but option 2 is also a real possibility.
Although I notice your option one leaves the president, Fox News etc without any possibility as the cause.

A terrorist organization looking to cause strife, fear and discord is also possible.

You left off Putin getting even for people speaking ill of his buddy.
 
Last edited:
Famous politicians receive death threats. The idea that these were not real bombs don't make them more suspect than the regular death threats.

*Groans, takes a shot of Whiskey because I know I'm gonna regret this*

Please enlighten us Bob, how where they not real bombs?
 
*Groans, takes a shot of Whiskey because I know I'm gonna regret this*

Please enlighten us Bob, how where they not real bombs?

Not a single one has exploded. If I make 9 chairs, and not a single one has a person sit on before it falls apart, I never make a real chair.

ETA: but the point is, the post I was responding to called them non functional. My point was non functional doesn't make it less likely to be a conservative because death threats without actual violence is common against famous people. I'm assuming the position taken by the arguer rather than substituting different assumptions.
 
Last edited:
What are the possibilities?

1. A crazed right winger getting back at all the Dems who have gone after Trump Supporters

2. A Liberal who is trying to make the Trump Supporters look bad by targeting Dems who have targeted Trump.

3. An Isis (or other terrorist group) plot to only scare Dems who have gone after Trump.

4. A non political Crazy person who thought he would throw a wrench in the mid term election frenzy.


3 is a non-starter for me, I think at least one would have blown up if this was the case.
1 and 4, I think at least one would have blown up, or at least been functional.

2 is the only one who would have intentionally sent a non-functional device in my opinion.

Please add other possibilities if I'm leaving any out.

I think you're leaving out someone who understands the concept of how a bomb works, but doesn't know enough to put a working one together, & luckily was too delusional to look for plans in how to do so. (Or dumb enough to trust someone who was LOLz special forces swearsies realsies.)
 
Not a single one has exploded. If I make 9 chairs, and not a single one has a person sit on before it falls apart, I never make a real chair.

ETA: but the point is, the post I was responding to called them non functional. My point was non functional doesn't make it less likely to be a conservative because death threats without actual violence is common against famous people.

*Closes my eyes and sighs* I knew it was gonna be nonsensical and yet I'm still surprised.
 
Not a single one has exploded. If I make 9 chairs, and not a single one has a person sit on before it falls apart, I never make a real chair.

ETA: but the point is, the post I was responding to called them non functional. My point was non functional doesn't make it less likely to be a conservative because death threats without actual violence is common against famous people.

For the law, the relevant question is in the perception of the victim: it's still a robbery when you are the only one knowing that you have no bullets in your gun.
And it is still terror if you scare people with only seemingly functional bombs.
 
Official word is, the bombs were functional. That none of them exploded can be seen as lucky by normal people or evidence of a false flag by morons. There have been no non-functional bombs found thus far from what I've heard, so let's drop that off-topic tangent.
 
For the law, the relevant question is in the perception of the victim: it's still a robbery when you are the only one knowing that you have no bullets in your gun.
And it is still terror if you scare people with only seemingly functional bombs.

But drewbots position wasnt about the law. Rather than argue about the functionality of the bomb, I focused on the idea that drewbots conclusion doesn't follow from drewbots premise.
 
Official word is, the bombs were functional. That none of them exploded can be seen as lucky by normal people or evidence of a false flag by morons. There have been no non-functional bombs found thus far from what I've heard, so let's drop that off-topic tangent.

What did they mean by functional?

I also haven't found a credible source yet. The only thing I found was from Cuomo. Do we have an official statement?
 
Last edited:
What are the possibilities?

1. A crazed right winger getting back at all the Dems who have gone after Trump Supporters

2. A Liberal who is trying to make the Trump Supporters look bad by targeting Dems who have targeted Trump.

3. An Isis (or other terrorist group) plot to only scare Dems who have gone after Trump.

4. A non political Crazy person who thought he would throw a wrench in the mid term election frenzy.


3 is a non-starter for me, I think at least one would have blown up if this was the case.
1 and 4, I think at least one would have blown up, or at least been functional.

2 is the only one who would have intentionally sent a non-functional device in my opinion.

Please add other possibilities if I'm leaving any out.

You missed "A Trump Supporter who is about as bright as a hatstand, but believes that is going after America's enemies."

The problem you have listening to the Rightwing media is that they are pushing that these devices weren't functional because none detonated. However the authorities are saying the exact opposite, that the bombs were poorly designed, but functional.

They weren't sophisticated by any stretch of the imagination, and were just simple pipe bombs with a digital timer, but that doesn't mean that they weren't actually dangerous, as certain people are claiming.

They were PVC pipes filled with the pyrotechnic powder from fireworks, capped and with wires from a digital timer to provide a spark to ignite the powder. The powder was also mixed with metal shrapnel.

It's clear that the builder did not have a lot of knowledge about building bombs, nor a lot of access to the materials, there were no blasting caps or high explosive for example, but for an example of what these simple fireworks pipe bombs can do, have a look at the following video.



This one is even better in that if you watch to the end you'll see the damage it does to the ground, and them planting a second one

 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom