Well, yes it does -- which I assume was your point. If Trump brought about a golden age, I'd be the first to call him a good president.
When Trump was elected I was very disappointed and quite angry.
But in the interim between the election and inauguration Trump seemed to dial it down a bit. He backed off the "Lock her up" nonsense, he seemed to genuinely listen to Obama in his briefings. For a brief time, he didn't seem so petty.
I figured I'd give him a chance to at least play to his strengths.
So when he went in to meet with that HVAC company to save US jobs I figured "well, if nothing else, he can negotiate, right? He's a businessman, he has to be able to work it." And at first he seemed to have success. But when the details came clear it was obvious he done nothing but save jobs that weren't going away anyway. I was grumpy at his touting of success when it obviously wasn't but I figured it was a losing battle anyway.
Then he went to the Pharamcuetical companies to negotiate prices. I figured here he would have better success. Drug prices are much more negotiable than industry jobs and there was room to hammer them home.
But no, he came out with the Pharma companies getting everything they wanted.
Being a Central Atlantic citizen, I had always known Trump was a blowhard and lousy at actually running business, but I assumed he had two talents: self-promotion and business negotiation.
It didn't take long to realize that the latter 'talent' was a joke. He has no negotiation skill, he thinks bursting into the negotiation room demanding ridiculous concessions will get you the middle ground you want. That doesn't work well in business, and it fails utterly in politics.
I am hard pressed to find any qualities this president has.