• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Rethink your Trump hatred ?

Just don’t understand your obsession with hating Trump.
I’m an Aussie and really have no left or right bias (probably mostly libertarian).
I was a ranting Trump hater as he seemed so narcissistic, misogynistic, rascist, unstatesmanlike and had really bad hair.
My own son challenged to substantiate any of these beliefs and I struggled to find ANYTHING real that backed up what I thought (except for the hair).
I realised I was “suckered” into hating him by media bias! (I couldn’t even work out why they hated him so much?)
The things I do care about (and even more so if I was American) would be get out of frikkin wars that we get nothing out of and are hated worldwide for being involved in.
Stop being ripped off by other countries.
Get more jobs
Improve the economy.
Trump seems to have succeeded in all these things.
Your hate will also only fuel those who think the media and elites are biased against Trump.
They WILL vote him back in.
Are you sure that you are a new blood? You seem to know all the right buttons to press to get the members here riled up.

That said, I am still keeping an open mind on Trump policies. The man comes across as a complete **** **** **** but his policies have at least as good a chance of improving things as doing the same things over and over again.
 
Well, it certainly won’t be by trial and error. That approach requires one to recognize that something isn’t working and to decide to try a different approach. President Trump believes that virtually every decision he has made has been remarkably insightful, original, and productive.

I stand corrected.
 
Anyone else slightly disturbed by the way this post matches pretty much the same form as those "I used to be an Atheist until..." threads or posts we see occasionally?


Or "I'm not a Lance fan or anything, but ...." from over on cyclingnews forums.
 
To me it's not Trump, he's a classic Narcissist and as long as everything is about him he's happy.

It's that he's being used as a puppet.

He's being used as a puppet by the Republicans to get through their Tax Cuts, to strip away the regulations that protect people's clean air and water so the corporate interests they really represent can make a few more dollars in not having to clean up and dispose of their waste safely. They are using him to open up the national parks to exploitation, to take control of the US Court systems, to remove women's right to their own reproductive systems to satisfy some religious need for punishing those they consider immoral. They are removing the protections for minorities right across the board, from looking to remove ways to help the less privileged get into top universities and schools, through to taking away their ability to vote. They want to out those that are transgender, exposing them to hate and harm, and to remove the employment and consumer rights of those that they see as sexually deviant.

These people want to return the US to the 1950's where the only women in the work force were secretaries, nurses, teachers, and airline hostesses. When the only time a black person spoke to a white man was to say "Yes Boss," and where gays and the like were locked up tight in the closet.

And on top of that he is being used by the likes of Russia, China and even North Korea to make advances the likes they have not see in decades. He managed to topple a trade agreement that was designed to strengthen US trade in the Pacific and weaken China's grasp, and had it replaced with a Trade Agreement that brought in China and strengthen's their trade control of the Pacific. He started trade wars that are costing US suppliers billions of dollars, which the Government is them subsidizing them for, and destroyed markets that they had taken decades to develop. The US's stances on Climate Change and other issues has time and time again allowed China and Russian to step forward and take the lead in World affairs.

These are the reasons I dislike Trump.
 
Anyone else slightly disturbed by the way this post matches pretty much the same form as those "I used to be an Atheist until..." threads or posts we see occasionally?
They call it "concern trolling." Someone claims to flirt with your side, but golly, you know, they just have one or two concerns that keep them from really committing.
 
**** that. My hatred for Trump and his supporters keeps my warm. They sold out their country and deserve only enmity.
 
To me it's not Trump, he's a classic Narcissist and as long as everything is about him he's happy.

For me, it starts with Trump. He’s been a known quantity for decades where his only claim to fame is being famous. He’s a trust-fund elitist with no skills or aptitudes beyond self-promotion. The Republicans might very well have stood up Paris Hilton or some random Kardashian (sp?) for all the capability Trump has.

“Donald Trump” is what you write in as a protest vote, along with “Mickey Mouse”. It’s a joke vote.
 
...
I was a ranting Trump hater as he seemed so narcissistic, misogynistic, rascist, unstatesmanlike and had really bad hair.
My own son challenged to substantiate any of these beliefs and I struggled to find ANYTHING real that backed up what I thought (except for the hair).......
How hard did you look? from the top of my head

narcissistic, Biggest crowd at an inauguration ever.

misogynistic, Grab them by the pussy

rascist, anything about the wall.

unstatesmanlike just about everything else.

Quite frankly the fact you struggled to find ANYTHING (your capitalization) tells me there is no point considering anything else you say.

Прощай
 
Last edited:
To me it's not Trump, he's a classic Narcissist and as long as everything is about him he's happy.

It's that he's being used as a puppet.

He's being used as a puppet by the Republicans to get through their Tax Cuts, to strip away the regulations that protect people's clean air and water so the corporate interests they really represent can make a few more dollars in not having to clean up and dispose of their waste safely. They are using him to open up the national parks to exploitation, to take control of the US Court systems, to remove women's right to their own reproductive systems to satisfy some religious need for punishing those they consider immoral. They are removing the protections for minorities right across the board, from looking to remove ways to help the less privileged get into top universities and schools, through to taking away their ability to vote. They want to out those that are transgender, exposing them to hate and harm, and to remove the employment and consumer rights of those that they see as sexually deviant.

These people want to return the US to the 1950's where the only women in the work force were secretaries, nurses, teachers, and airline hostesses. When the only time a black person spoke to a white man was to say "Yes Boss," and where gays and the like were locked up tight in the closet.

And on top of that he is being used by the likes of Russia, China and even North Korea to make advances the likes they have not see in decades. He managed to topple a trade agreement that was designed to strengthen US trade in the Pacific and weaken China's grasp, and had it replaced with a Trade Agreement that brought in China and strengthen's their trade control of the Pacific. He started trade wars that are costing US suppliers billions of dollars, which the Government is them subsidizing them for, and destroyed markets that they had taken decades to develop. The US's stances on Climate Change and other issues has time and time again allowed China and Russian to step forward and take the lead in World affairs.

These are the reasons I dislike Trump.
Yeah I pretty much have to agree with this. As a person he's pretty loathsome, as a politician he pretty much just blows to either end and contradicts himself constantly.
There's a pretty big hate for flip flippers in general, even when it's guided by changing views.
But he backs out of the TPP while wanting the things it was supposed to protect. He wants to crack down on opiods but goes after the users.
He makes a big fuss about NAFTA but settles for incremental changes with a new name that could have been handled with a much more diplomatic touch, souring good will that would have been used for future efforts.
And of course there's the many domestic issues.

Frankly I do want to know what he thought the war was we pulled out of.
 
Con artist (his charity, Trump U)
Un-libertarian (the wall, maintains bloated DOD, golf-excursions at government expense, useless investigations into voter fraud and how many showed up for his inauguration, using his office to try to bully supposedly "un-patriotic" people)
Misogynist champion (pussy grabbing, porn star banging while married, walks in on Miss USA dressing room)
Liar
Anti-science (global warming "hoax")
Economic ignoramus (tariffs, OPEC, trade deals)
Poor leadership skills (treatment of folks working for him, lies, doesn't listen to understand)

I'm sure I got more. Been watching this guy for a long time. I struggle to find any redeeming factors.
 
Stop being ripped off by other countries.


Probably the worst thing about Trump is that he's demonstrated a breathtaking lack of intellectual curiosity. If he had, he would have learned that trade deficits with a single country don't mean that the nation is trading at a loss with the world. Nor does having foreign investment in your nation lead to instability. Nor does protectionism encourage sustainable growth. Instead, his trade policy appears based on racism and some very cold calculations that money from human rights wastelands is worth countenancing their abuses.


Get more jobs


Job growth has slowed under Trump. Experts estimate that the couple hundred jobs he saved in steel production may cost thousands of jobs in steel-using industries. They also know that jobs are not coming back to coal country and never could - as it's technology that's putting coal miners out of work, not clean energy. What Trump has been very protectionist of is profits for owners of industry. And he's shown a bizarre inability to distinguish between giving profits to rich business owners from actually growing jobs in those industries.


Improve the economy.


Short-term profit taking by the wealthy due to favorable tax policy is not the same as improving the economy. If value isn't added, the economy doesn't improve. Already, our deficit is ballooning as Trump's tax policy is proven unsustainable.



They WILL vote him back in.


I would not be surprised.
 
You are perhaps just suffering from outrage fatigue and what once would have been intolerably bad behaviour by a president and administration is normalized. Let’s hope we never fall into such a situation in Australia.
 
Just don’t understand your obsession with hating Trump.
I’m an Aussie and really have no left or right bias (probably mostly libertarian).
I was a ranting Trump hater as he seemed so narcissistic, misogynistic, rascist, unstatesmanlike and had really bad hair.
My own son challenged to substantiate any of these beliefs and I struggled to find ANYTHING real that backed up what I thought (except for the hair).
I realised I was “suckered” into hating him by media bias!

Interesting. You questioned yourself out of an evidence-based opinion.

Trump lies. We know this. We can check this. He's a narcissist. You can see it. He's racist. That's clear. He has a low opinion of women. That's obvious. And yeah, he's terrible at statesmanship. This isn't the media. You can see all that just by listening to his actual words.

As for the hair, that's apparently the only thing you've maintained, and it's the least relevant thing. Good job.
 
Just don’t understand your obsession with hating Trump.
I’m an Aussie and really have no left or right bias (probably mostly libertarian).
I was a ranting Trump hater as he seemed so narcissistic, misogynistic, rascist, unstatesmanlike and had really bad hair.
My own son challenged to substantiate any of these beliefs and I struggled to find ANYTHING real that backed up what I thought (except for the hair).I realised I was “suckered” into hating him by media bias! (I couldn’t even work out why they hated him so much?)
The things I do care about (and even more so if I was American) would be get out of frikkin wars that we get nothing out of and are hated worldwide for being involved in.
Stop being ripped off by other countries.
Get more jobs
Improve the economy.
Trump seems to have succeeded in all these things.
Your hate will also only fuel those who think the media and elites are biased against Trump.
They WILL vote him back in.


I don’t think you looked very hard.
 
Last edited:
**** that. My hatred for Trump and his supporters keeps my warm. They sold out their country and deserve only enmity.


Don't exhaust your "hatred for Trump and his supporters," hold some back for when Trump is re-elected and Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Stephen Breyer (both in their 80's) announce their retirements. Hehehe and a yippee-ki-yay!
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom