• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: Brilliant Light Power Going To Market - Free Energy Generator Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Markie, not being marketable has nothing to do with a Nobel Prize...
Low power, either...

If I had confirmed low power cold fusion, I'd be rich and famous, without anything marketable.


Mills is running a business. He and his investors wants a marketable product that can sell and that will benefit the world. Nobel prizes? That can wait.
 
Yeah, there is really no denying that Mills is covering this up from the world. He has certainly claimed to have devices that would prove his claims even if they aren't marketable. If he's not lying he really is doing both his investors and the world a disservice by failing to reveal what he has to the world.


I'm not sure if you're joking. Mills has been revealing and publishing his results in peer reviewed journals for 25 years.
 
Can you provide citations? As I see it he has done his best to scrub all of his past mistakes from the public record.

That is your imagination at work. If you look up video of Mills addressing an audience at the BLP facilities in the last year you'll see that he is quite frank about some of the wrong turns they have taken in the past.
 
You strangle left out all the people like Enrico Fermi, Nick Holonyak and John Bardeen...

When Mills shares his success then you can make the claim


All those men, especially Fermi, of course deserve great respect. As do many others.
 
Does anyone remember the date that Markie set for ceasing to believe?

Ceasing to believe what? That the SunCell would be self looped by this February?
I already believe that is unlikely at this point. However it may have advanced enough even by that time to be making some pseudoskeptics here twitchy.
 
How cute.

James Clerk Maxwell died in 1879, and Edison's reputation mostly rests on work done in 1876-1886. I hadn't realized the twentieth century had been so bereft of scientific and technological progress.

When I was in graduate school, I took two courses from a guy who shared an ACM Turing Award for inventing the concept of nondeterministic finite automata, which kicked off a line of theoretical research that led to what is now regarded as the most important open problem in computer science. Nondeterministic finite automata are also a key technology used by just about every practical application of regular expressions.

That guy went on to do many other things of great theoretical and practical importance, such as inventing a primality test that helped to make public-key cryptography into a practical technology and inventing an algorithm for string search that's used by Google and other search engines.

Truth be told, whenever I go to work I walk past the offices of more than a dozen people whose inventions and theoretical contributions are indisputable and acknowledged by everyone working in their areas.

To find someone who believes Mills has made any meaningful contributions in "both pure and applied research", let alone contributions so magnificent as to make Mills the "most impressive man in science" since the nineteenth century, we have to visit this thread and read markie's encomia.


Rabin is certainly a mathematician of note and his work has indeed been useful in computation. Count yourself lucky.
 
I'm not sure if you're joking. Mills has been revealing and publishing his results in peer reviewed journals for 25 years.

The journals might be peer reviewed, but we're talking about Mills' "research" and replication thereof, here. The peer review of what Mills has not be able to obfuscate through non-publication and/or "essential patents" has been less than flattering...
 
But, did Markie give a reasonable definition of "proven to work" though? I'm under the impression he believes the SunCell is working now and has been for years. They're just "refining" it.

markie: Is the SunCell proven to work now?

By "proven to work" I mean that an open minded skeptic would agree that it is producing substantial excess energy. However that is probably not going to happen by this February. Probably no formal energy in vs energy out experiment by then, especially by an outside lab that a 'skeptic' here would be prone to believe.

As someone who has seen the progress in the SunCell and the science behind the SunCell type of reaction over the last four years, at least the potential is already proven to me. It's a matter of engineering now.
 
As someone who has seen the progress in the SunCell and the science behind the SunCell type of reaction over the last four years, at least the potential is already proven to me. It's a matter of engineering now.

So how is it you are able to see it?
 
Last edited:
Ceasing to believe what? That the SunCell would be self looped by this February?
I already believe that is unlikely at this point. However it may have advanced enough even by that time to be making some pseudoskeptics here twitchy.

By "proven to work" I mean that an open minded skeptic would agree that it is producing substantial excess energy. However that is probably not going to happen by this February. Probably no formal energy in vs energy out experiment by then, especially by an outside lab that
a 'skeptic' here would be prone to believe.

So what's going to be making people "twitchy"?

Mills will still be a fraud in February.
 
If I had confirmed low power cold fusion, I'd be rich and famous, without anything marketable.

Ditto, the million + fame and guaranteed employment would be just right for me. Plus having the information in the open with everyone working on it would benefit everyone no end...
Yet all these free energy/cold fusion scams seem obsessed with secrecy.
 
Mills is running a business. He and his investors wants a marketable product that can sell and that will benefit the world. Nobel prizes? That can wait.

That's a really stupid excuse. There are thousands of ways he could make his investors rich, years ago, if his lies were true.

And it's not like he has to invest any time to win the Nobel prize. He'd be nominated and win it with absolutely no time spent. It's free and no effort at all to win the Nobel prize if you've actually done something to deserve it.

How stupid do these excuses get?
 
Last edited:
No mention of introspection or letters of apology to Mills and others you have dissed. Unfortunately I'm not surprised.
Good point, markie.

Over the last couple of days or so, I've been working on something like a letter of deep apology to Mills. And I've got a very nice one done! All ready to be published once Mills succeeds.

Then I got to thinking: I do not have all that much time left, in this world; what to do if Mills does produce a wildly successful commercial product, but after I'm gone?

Being who I am, I set out to make an estimate of the probability that my letter would have to be delivered posthumously, and I arrived at a range that means I have to take this possibility very seriously. Perhaps even as seriously as you, markie, take supporting Mills and his endeavors.

No worries, I thought, I'll simply include a sufficiently clear and enforceable set of instructions in my will, and my executor will faithfully ensure that the letter is published (of course, this may need to happen after Mills himself becomes late; his colleagues and employees taking care of production and distribution, for example). Bit of a challenge, but in the end I think it's doable (adjusting my will will take a while though).

Being who I am, I set out to make an estimate of the probability that my letter would have to be delivered after my executor too has joined the choir invisible, and I arrived at a range that means I have to take this possibility very seriously. Perhaps even as seriously as markie's heirs will take supporting Mills' heirs and their endeavors.

No worries, I thought I'll ... {you get the idea}

So, in the end, I'm left wondering if my letter won't be published until the re-heating of Hell (it having long since frozen over), upon the advent of a finally successful Mills device being pressed into service for this purpose.
 
Mills is running a business. He and his investors wants a marketable product that can sell and that will benefit the world. Nobel prizes? That can wait.

I recall the excuse was the other way around: the marketable product has been delayed while the revolutionary science was going on.

I bought a little Honda 2.2K generator for off-grid work. My God that thing is amazing. About a thousand bucks.

It runs eight hours on a gallon of gas. It's quiet. I am going to use one in the Philippines on a remote island there too instead of trying to hook into the grid.

The technology keeps getting better and better, the fuel efficiency and maintenance. They don't shake as much as decades ago, they're lighter, and built for long periods of continuous use. Plus our appliances are more economical with LED lighting and electronics advances.

A unit like that can run my whole household, a family of 4 if we are careful, the well pump is a big draw. And that's the most expensive electricity there is. It sure beats Brilliant Light Power. They can't even power a bulb.

This little honda will run your power saw while you got a big boom box going with disco lights, dancing girls in hot pants, plug-ins for Tesla Model 3's, no problem.

I'm pretty grateful to have this technology at my fingertips in the boonies.
 
Mills is running a business. He and his investors wants a marketable product that can sell and that will benefit the world. Nobel prizes? That can wait.

Mills main business appears to be gathering investors and NDA signatures through flashy side shows.

Winning a Nobel prize would guarantee mainstream support for the Sun Cell instantly.

Investors want that above all.

Marketable?

Who doesn't know how to market power generators with no fuel costs and minimal operating/maintenance costs?

Then again, if they couldn't make a simple heat exchanger, maybe they can't sell free ice cream in the Summer.
 
Last edited:
Ceasing to believe what? That the SunCell would be self looped by this February?
I already believe that is unlikely at this point. However it may have advanced enough even by that time to be making some pseudoskeptics here twitchy.

It's the deadline for you admitting that you were "taken" - i.e. that you'd been conned.

BTW, you neglected to answer earlier - if I want to continue Mills' research into a cure for cancer, where can I read his research in order to replicate and build off it? Where is it published?
 
All you've done is prove he's recycling old claims. All he's done is swap out some of the materials he's claming to use.



Dude, the toddler is in their 30's now. How much longer are YOU going to keep the faith in Mills?

At what point do you give up and admit he's either a liar or a moron?

[qimg]http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/imagehosting/thum_636945ba5476e57481.png[/qimg]


Good one. Creative. Would be nice to live that long. Your ability to know birth year is uncanny, at least mod 10.
 
Last edited:
Mills main business appears to be gathering investors and NDA signatures through flashy side shows.

Winning a Nobel prize would guarantee mainstream support for the Sun Cell instantly.

Investors want that above all.

Marketable?

Who doesn't know how to market power generators with no fuel costs and minimal operating/maintenance costs?

Then again, if they couldn't make a simple heat exchanger, maybe they can't sell free ice cream in the Summer.


You keep going on about a heat exchanger. At one point in the 1990s they were waiting on one for a particular device. That's all you know.

About Nobels and your instant gratification type of thinking : try reading
https://www.nature.com/articles/508186a for a reality check.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom