• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Stormy Daniels sues the President Part II

Cohen's NDA suit can go back to court now, but I'm gonna predict he drops it.

I think you're right. I know Avenatti says it's not that simple since Trump defamed his client. I don't know the case law, but I'd be shocked if the judge will care enough about that to order POTUS to be deposed by Avenatti as part of discovery involving the NDA.
 
I think you're right. I know Avenatti says it's not that simple since Trump defamed his client. I don't know the case law, but I'd be shocked if the judge will care enough about that to order POTUS to be deposed by Avenatti as part of discovery involving the NDA.

Yeah, I think her defamation suit can go ahead, and it looks like a slam dunk now -- yep, Trump lied.


ETA: In that one, I'll predict she'll spank him again.:p
 
Last edited:
Yeah, I think her defamation suit can go ahead, and it looks like a slam dunk now -- yep, Trump lied.


ETA: In that one, I'll predict she'll spank him again.:p

I'm not so sure about that. Yes Trump lied but civil suits against POTUS is a tricky subject.
 
less so than criminal suits.

I think they are both very tricky. Clinton was deposed in the Paula Jones case so it can be done. But in the past Presidents have managed to successfully argue to prevent people from suing the President. But the argument here is that Stormy isn't suing the President, she is suing Donald Trump the citizen.
 
Well, I think if the NDA breach suit goes through, Cohen will obviously be replaced. Even if the suit is dropped, I see a whole lot of New York judges who aren't going to say "Oh, you're not suing her, now? So that makes your and your client's statements "Not So Bad" to coin the legal phrase."

Still, libel and slander fall to intent and I'm sure Giuliani will tell us that Trump didn't intend to call her a liar; he just can't help himself because he's out of his farking mind! (I look for that in the next round of Fox/Giuliani softball interviews. He's been setting the stage for each new revelation two to five days in advance with his court jester routine on the news show circuit.)
 
Well, I think if the NDA breach suit goes through, Cohen will obviously be replaced. Even if the suit is dropped, I see a whole lot of New York judges who aren't going to say "Oh, you're not suing her, now? So that makes your and your client's statements "Not So Bad" to coin the legal phrase."

Still, libel and slander fall to intent and I'm sure Giuliani will tell us that Trump didn't intend to call her a liar; he just can't help himself because he's out of his farking mind! (I look for that in the next round of Fox/Giuliani softball interviews. He's been setting the stage for each new revelation two to five days in advance with his court jester routine on the news show circuit.)
Don't know about the USA specifically but in the UK since the NDA was to further a criminal act (illegal campaign contributions) it is null and void. You can't use an NDA to cover up a criminal matter.
 
Don't know about the USA specifically but in the UK since the NDA was to further a criminal act (illegal campaign contributions) it is null and void. You can't use an NDA to cover up a criminal matter.

It's the same here (mostly I'm sure there's volumes of legal nuance) but there is a difference in mentality it seems. Here in the States in the last few years it has become increasingly common it seems for NDA's to be treated and/or thought of on a layman's level as these magical legal binding spells that prevent everything from the truth about Bigfoot and the Aliens at Area 51 to every possible bit of political skulduggery from being revealed.
 
Last edited:
I think Lanny Davis (Cohen's lawyer) is trying to force Trump to pardon Cohen and his wife, regardless of the political consequences.


Do you really believe that, at this juncture, after everything we've seen Trump do over the last year and a half, that he really gives a crap about political consequences of that nature?

I don't.

If he thought it would be to his immediate advantage he'd pardon anyone ... in a heartbeat ... political consequences be damned.

Remember, this is the President who knows, not just thinks or believes, but knows he could shoot someone down in cold blood on Fifth Avenue and his supporters wouldn't care.

And he's right.
 
Trump's problem with pardoning Cohen is that he has to trust his fixer to keep his mouth shut afterwards - and Trump is not the trusting type.
Davis is asking Trump to make that leap of faith; otherwise, he would have only told Mueller about everything Cohen could incriminate Trump with.
 
Do you really believe that, at this juncture, after everything we've seen Trump do over the last year and a half, that he really gives a crap about political consequences of that nature?

I don't.

I think, at the very least, that he has people around him who can rein him in against doing things which would be too politically damaging. As evidence I present the fact that Sessions, Rosenstein, and Mueller all still have jobs.
 
The Great Zaganza;12403124[HILITE said:
]Trump's problem with pardoning Cohen is that he has to trust his fixer to keep his mouth shut afterwards[/HILITE] - and Trump is not the trusting type.
Davis is asking Trump to make that leap of faith; otherwise, he would have only told Mueller about everything Cohen could incriminate Trump with.

I disagree - the problem with Trump pardoning Cohen from Trump's perspective is that Cohen has betrayed Trump and Trump's narcissism can't cope with that.
 
Last edited:
Trump's problem with pardoning Cohen is that he has to trust his fixer to keep his mouth shut afterwards - and Trump is not the trusting type.
Davis is asking Trump to make that leap of faith; otherwise, he would have only told Mueller about everything Cohen could incriminate Trump with.


It seems like if anyone should know what Cohen could incriminate Trump with it would be Trump. After all, he would be the only one besides Cohen who was always there.

Especially now that he knows there are recordings.
 
Davis is asking Trump to make that leap of faith; otherwise, he would have only told Mueller about everything Cohen could incriminate Trump with.

Given that Trump has been distancing himself from Cohen for months now, that Cohen has reportedly been saying that he has been abandoned by Trump, and that there have been reports that the relationship between the two of them has been irrevocably broken, I'd say that this is unlikely.

It seems far more likely that Cohen is actually looking to cooperate with Mueller in exchange for no or a smaller amount of prison time.
 
Multiple recent breaches of the MA in this thread. Since I've participated as a member in this thread I'm not going to do the clean-up but am putting the thread on moderated status to keep the work down for the clean-up team
Replying to this modbox in thread will be off topic  Posted By: Darat
 
It seems far more likely that Cohen is actually looking to cooperate with Mueller in exchange for no or a smaller amount of prison time.

If that is the case, he is doing it badly: Mueller would much rather he didn't give the Trump team warning about what he is going to tell the prosecutors.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom