• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: Breaking: Mueller Grand Jury charges filed, arrests as soon as Monday pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because as comprehensively established here before, the Poet has little idea what he is talking about

If you are referring to yourself as "The Poet" then while the above is accurate, what you post bears little resemblance to poetry.

If you are referring to Abramson as "The Poet" then the above quote is wildly inaccurate, and his tweets also bear little resemblance to poetry.

If you're using the name Poet as a derogatory epithet for Abramson to try to point out that he is not a qualified lawyer and as such his opinions should hold little weight, then Alanis wrote a song for you.

Unlike the internet lawyers that post here, Seth is very good at breaking down complex subjects and presenting them to lay people in easier to understand simple language.

If you're already resulting to name calling, that's usually a very clear sign that you've already lost the argument, or had no argument to begin with.

That's incidentally all Trump, and the GOP does these days it seems to me. Deflect pertinent questions, repeat irrelevant talking points ad nausea, and denigrate opponents to try to reduce their importance.

Do you have anything better? or are you quite happy just sinking to their level?
 
If you are referring to Abramson as "The Poet" then the above quote is wildly inaccurate, and his tweets also bear little resemblance to poetry.

Abramson is a poet, amongst other things. For reasons best known to himself, The Big Dog seems to think that this is a pejorative.

Anyway, there's an entire thread dedicated to discussing Abramson and his credibility or lack thereof. I recommend that discussion of those topics should be carried out in that thread, rather than derailing this one.
 
Abramson is a poet, amongst other things. For reasons best known to himself, The Big Dog seems to think that this is a pejorative.

Anyway, there's an entire thread dedicated to discussing Abramson and his credibility or lack thereof. I recommend that discussion of those topics should be carried out in that thread, rather than derailing this one.

I am simply asking what you found worthwhile in those tweets you posted here without any comment, particularly given that author of the tweets asserted that the WaPo's purely factual comment was wrong, which was idiotic.
 
If you're using the name Poet as a derogatory epithet for Abramson to try to point out that he is not a qualified lawyer and as such his opinions should hold little weight, then Alanis wrote a song for you.


Seth Abramson
Abramson is a graduate of Dartmouth College (1998), Harvard Law School (2001), ...

Prior to entering academia, Abramson was a trial attorney for the New Hampshire Public Defender. While still an attorney and member of the New Hampshire Bar Association, he no longer practices.
 
If you're using the name Poet as a derogatory epithet for Abramson to try to point out that he is not a qualified lawyer and as such his opinions should hold little weight, then Alanis wrote a song for you.


Seth Abramson
Abramson is a graduate of Dartmouth College (1998), Harvard Law School (2001), ...

Prior to entering academia, Abramson was a trial attorney for the New Hampshire Public Defender. While still an attorney and member of the New Hampshire Bar Association, he no longer practices.


I hope you aren't trying to suggest that such inconsequential trivia as that can match TBD's self-acknowledged professionalism and expertise on these subjects.
 
Well, if I ever get picked up for a misdemeanor in New Hampshire state court I will know just who to call.

Bit disappointed no one is able to explain why busy people should waste five minutes on the spammed link.

Oh well.
 
Bit disappointed no one is able to explain why busy people should waste five minutes on the spammed link.

Whether or not you think it's worthwhile is entirely a decision for you. Discussion of Abramson's credibility or lack thereof should go in the appropriate thread, rather than derailing this one. If you think the link is spam, I encourage you to report the post containing it and let the mods action it as a rule 6 violation.
 
Whether or not you think it's worthwhile is entirely a decision for you. Discussion of Abramson's credibility or lack thereof should go in the appropriate thread, rather than derailing this one. If you think the link is spam, I encourage you to report the post containing it and let the mods action it as a rule 6 violation.

One usually expects that one posting a link will give some sort of indication in the post why clicking the link is worthwhile, how it contributes to the discussion, or is otherwise newsworthy, particularly when one knows that the piece is pure opinion.

I nevertheless wasted my time clicking the link and discovered that it was idiotic as i have explained.

Perhaps next time one can give us an indication why one has posted the link, perhaps?

By the way, I struck out your totally irrelevant derail.
 
Liberal logic:
1) Trump's shameless.
2) Trump can be compromised with a pee-pee tape.

That is a solid question. Trump has a history of wanting/trying to hide his extramarital affairs. I don't know what his motivation for doing that might be. Perhaps not wanting to jeopardize his current marriage? ...er, further jeopardize it, I mean? Maybe trying to set a good example for his kids?

I really don't know what his reasons are, but I do know he doesn't want those kinds of details to be public. And, frankly, I would say that it is none of our business except for the possibility that Putin might be using something like it to blackmail/control Trump.

Nope - it always was about money.

Just to add a bit of my own opinion, let me repost something I posted elsewhere:

Actually, I suspect it's not blackmail in the traditional sense. Trump is shameless and brazen enough that I don't think even the alleged pee tape would be a problem for him: he's just call it fake news and go on. Even the extramarital affairs he's had weren't so much hidden, just not really publicized. Trump's ego makes him believe he always comes out on top in the court of public opinion.

That being said, I think it's more of a financial thing. We know he sucks as a businessman; most of his ventures are failures. There's a lot of financial shenanigans that seem to involve Russia.

My suspicion is that he turned to Russia initially to try and make money and prop up his failing businesses, and that led gradually into money laundering and similar things that provided him funds in spite of his poor decisions.

So I suspect it's a financial hold: if it comes out, the business stops, and he starts losing his money. While Trump obviously doesn't like criticism, criticism also seems to be ineffective at changing his behavior (i.e.-recent Summit with Putin). I don't think Trump's ego would survive being seen as poor.

Now, I admit this is speculation. Not groundless speculation, but far from proven. I'll gladly await the results of the investigation to see what else (if anything) turns up.
 
Well, if I ever get picked up for a misdemeanor in New Hampshire state court I will know just who to call.

Bit disappointed no one is able to explain why busy people should waste five minutes on the spammed link.

Oh well.
No one who spends hours a day on this website is a busy person.
 
Just to add a bit of my own opinion, let me repost something I posted elsewhere:

Actually, I suspect it's not blackmail in the traditional sense. Trump is shameless and brazen enough that I don't think even the alleged pee tape would be a problem for him: he's just call it fake news and go on. Even the extramarital affairs he's had weren't so much hidden, just not really publicized. Trump's ego makes him believe he always comes out on top in the court of public opinion.

That being said, I think it's more of a financial thing. We know he sucks as a businessman; most of his ventures are failures. There's a lot of financial shenanigans that seem to involve Russia.

My suspicion is that he turned to Russia initially to try and make money and prop up his failing businesses, and that led gradually into money laundering and similar things that provided him funds in spite of his poor decisions.

So I suspect it's a financial hold: if it comes out, the business stops, and he starts losing his money. While Trump obviously doesn't like criticism, criticism also seems to be ineffective at changing his behavior (i.e.-recent Summit with Putin). I don't think Trump's ego would survive being seen as poor.

Now, I admit this is speculation. Not groundless speculation, but far from proven. I'll gladly await the results of the investigation to see what else (if anything) turns up.

I bet you're right. Sadly, I suspect we'll never know for sure one way or another.
 
I vote for the Putin money hold over Trump too, money laundering, huge debts, but don't forget, Putin probably has the collusion evidence.
 
I vote for the Putin money hold over Trump too, money laundering, huge debts, but don't forget, Putin probably has the collusion evidence.
Makes you wonder if once he has used and abused trump enough, he will just leak the collusion to create even more chaos.
 
I am simply asking what you found worthwhile in those tweets you posted here without any comment

I don't have a Twitter account and I follow this thread. I for one appreciate tweets that are pertinent to the discussion being posted as then I can go and read them if I choose to.

I'm sure that I am not the only one.

Social media is turning into a giant echo chamber where facebook news feeds and Tweets are tailored to an individuals preferences because of the ad based business model they use.

I think it's good for your critical thinking skills to be exposed more frequently to views that you disagree with, which is the main reason why I read this forum and the USA politics section in particular. (that and the fact that the Trump presidency is a giant train wreck that makes for compelling viewing)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom