So cozy and comfy talking in the abstract.
You said that, as these things go, the claim that this is a scam was "wild" and "increasingly fantastical". I was just pointing out that quite to the contrary it doesn't involve anything implausible. This requires talking about it in the abstract because I'm not actually evaluating it to determine if this particular case is a scam, just to see if that claim is "wild" or "fantastical".
You implied that these claims make them bad skeptics, but I'm just here trying to do what any good skeptic should do - objectively assess the situation. This seems to offend you.
Look at the history.
Okay cool, we can do that. Do they have a history of bringing things to market successfully? Because that would be points in their favor and would make claims of a scam way less plausible. Do they have a history of delays and problems and missed deadlines? Because that would match what known scams have done and so would make a scam more plausible.
Look at the profiles of the people involved. These are real people and scientists here, which you so glibly infer are morally corrupt and bought off to tell lies.
I'm saying it's not "wild" or "fantastical" to suggest that someone could be paid to endorse something even if they know it's not real or not good. It happens all the time. Do you think it doesn't?
Get a ethical grip man.
I think it's funny that you're saying I'm being unethical just because I said sometimes people do dishonest things for money.