• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Elizabeth Warren refuses to take DNA test

What? To prove that she isn't lying and just believed the story told to her by her family?

Since when does the burden of proof lay on the accused?

Usually these public episodes can be stopped easily, kinda like this one. Since she isn’t in court, you don’t get the luxury of burden of proof. This is the court of public opinion, isn’t it great!
 
Oh, stop taking the piss. If you're mistaken on something, logger, does that make you a liar or not? A simple yes or no will suffice.

Hmm, if I’m mistaken on something I would do what it takes to get the correct answer.
 
Usually these public episodes can be stopped easily, kinda like this one. Since she isn’t in court, you don’t get the luxury of burden of proof. This is the court of public opinion, isn’t it great!

That's a terrible excuse to hold an unsupported, irrational opinion. "Oh, we're not in court or in a lab so I can believe whatever I want. Warren is a leprechaun!" might sound airtight to you, but it just makes you look silly. Either support your opinion or admit that it's based on nothing.

Hmm, if I’m mistaken on something I would do what it takes to get the correct answer.

That is neither a yes nor a no. Would you be a liar or not by the simple act of being mistaken. It's a simple enough question even for you, logger.
 
That's a terrible excuse to hold an unsupported, irrational opinion. "Oh, we're not in court or in a lab so I can believe whatever I want. Warren is a leprechaun!" might sound airtight to you, but it just makes you look silly. Either support your opinion or admit that it's based on nothing.
Based on nothing? There is no reason to continue if think it’s based on nothing.
That is neither a yes nor a no. Would you be a liar or not by the simple act of being mistaken. It's a simple enough question even for you, logger.

I think you can answer that. It’s my opinion that isn’t the case here.
 
There is no test. That's been thoroughly covered in this thread already.

Interesting, yes I’m sure since Pocahontas won’t take the test, these DNA test many are taking are completely unreliable.
 
Interesting, yes I’m sure since Pocahontas won’t take the test, these DNA test many are taking are completely unreliable.

Yes, yes they are. Have you read the evidence presented in this thread about it, or did you avoid it because you'd rather believe the opposite in this specific case?
 
Interesting, yes I’m sure since Pocahontas won’t take the test, these DNA test many are taking are completely unreliable.
Not completely unreliable, but it doesn't necessarily tell the whole story nor answer a specific question.
 
Interesting, yes I’m sure since Pocahontas won’t take the test, these DNA test many are taking are completely unreliable.

Not completely unreliable, but it doesn't necessarily tell the whole story nor answer a specific question.

More importantly, its none of our business. I won't fault the occasional late night, or even the occasional GOP pol, about fauxcohontas because it is kind of funny when a blonde blue eyed women is all, "I'm 1/32 Cherokee" but to pretend it has meaning beyond that is silly.

Its less silly that she hasn't just said, "hey this is the story granny told us and I believe it, I don't need proof." rather than the "I know who I am...." which implies that here native heritage is somehow important to here identity when it doesn't seem like it went much beyond adding her name to a list of minority faculty.

I don't follow her beyond the occasional post by face book friends and that makes me think she mostly panders to vacuous progressives who don't think about politics beyond, "hey man, that isn't fair!"* but this is not a reason to vote against her. It will only be seen as such by anyone but her most partisan opposition. The antithesis of my vacuous facebook freinds that love her.

*saying more about my friends than her.
 
I don't have many conservative friends, so I only see the stupid facebook memes circulated by progressives. A picture of Warren or Bernie with a typical empty slogan from the 60s or half a sentence from some speech is pretty common.

I have no doubt that conservatives have equally or worse memes, I just don't see them. A picture of Trump saying something about he wall is probably pretty common.
 
Last edited:
Interesting, yes I’m sure since Pocahontas won’t take the test, these DNA test many are taking are completely unreliable.

Kinda, yeah. Haven't you seen that clickbait ad about the triplets who take a DNA test "AND THE RESULTS ARE SHOCKING"? Basically, three identical triplets sent in their DNA to one of those testing companies and did not get the same ancestry results. The tests are just not reliable for certain things.

Besides, even if it did show that she had Native American ancestry it would just be the Obama birth certificate nonsense redux. The cranks would demand a different test, or say the results were rigged, or that our entire anthropological knowledge base must be flawed and that this shows conclusively that Aryans had successfully colonized North America during the time of Christ or some other such silliness.
 
I don't have many conservative friends, so I only see the stupid facebook memes circulated by progressives. A picture of Warren or Bernie with a typical empty slogan from the 60s or half a sentence from some speech is pretty common.

I hear you. I like Bernie but my impression of him during the primaries was that he had absolutely no clue how to solve the problems he kept complaining about.
 
Yes, yes they are. Have you read the evidence presented in this thread about it, or did you avoid it because you'd rather believe the opposite in this specific case?

Not completely unreliable, but it doesn't necessarily tell the whole story nor answer a specific question.

Upchurch, some on here think they’re completely unreliable.
 
Last edited:
Exactly. It's silly, but somehow it's emotionally satisfying. And very tribal.

It's moronic and unpatriotic is what it is. I hate this gotcha game. One can disagree with Warren's stances on banking and consumer protection, but one cannot really argue about her character if this is what you have to rely on.
 
More importantly, its none of our business. I won't fault the occasional late night, or even the occasional GOP pol, about fauxcohontas because it is kind of funny when a blonde blue eyed women is all, "I'm 1/32 Cherokee" but to pretend it has meaning beyond that is silly.

Its less silly that she hasn't just said, "hey this is the story granny told us and I believe it, I don't need proof." rather than the "I know who I am...." which implies that here native heritage is somehow important to here identity when it doesn't seem like it went much beyond adding her name to a list of minority faculty.

I don't follow her beyond the occasional post by face book friends and that makes me think she mostly panders to vacuous progressives who don't think about politics beyond, "hey man, that isn't fair!"* but this is not a reason to vote against her. It will only be seen as such by anyone but her most partisan opposition. The antithesis of my vacuous facebook freinds that love her.

*saying more about my friends than her.
Well it is my business, I’d like to know.

The rest of your post I can mostly agree with.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom