• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently read an article by a Trump biographer that concluded that Trump puts no importance in the past or the future, but exists solely in the now.

That's how he can, without shame, say things 100% opposed to statements he made in the past, and can say things without any regard to future implications or consequences. It made a lot of sense.

I think you speak of this article from Slate:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/interrogation/2017/06/why_donald_trump_is_like_this.html

I like this part:

Marc Fisher: For a guy who takes great pride in being a provocateur and being unpredictable, he’s remarkably consistent. The great satisfaction of covering him as president is that his behavior tracks the main themes of his life prior to the presidency quite beautifully. This is a guy who really does not change much. In fact, in one of our early interviews, he said, “I’m pretty much the same guy I was when I was 7 years old.” The patterns of behavior through his life are shockingly consistent.

No argument there Donald.
 
Last edited:
Why ? They did it willingly. :mad:

I had a revelation this morning: we've been interpreting the cabinet meeting completely wrong! The cabinet members are being held prisoner by Trump! Their over-the-top, completely implausible praise of Trump was a desperate attempt to communicate their predicament to the American public, much in the same way American prisoners-of-war used code language and gestures to communicate that they were speaking under duress when displayed in North Vietnam propaganda broadcasts in the 1960s.

When I look at the cabinet meeting video I see frightened men trying to tell us: we are being tortured and brain washed every day. Some of us are already beginning to crack- Sessions is beginning to blabber something about medical marijuana all night. Help us please, help us. Call in the Navy Seals and Army Rangers- get us out of here even if some of us die in the attempt.
 
Last edited:
I had a revelation this morning: we've been interpreting the cabinet meeting completely wrong! The cabinet members are being held prisoner by Trump! Their over-the-top, completely implausible praise of Trump was a desperate attempt to communicate their predicament to the American public, much in the same way American prisoners-of-war used code language and gestures to communicate that they were speaking under duress when displayed in North Vietnam propaganda broadcasts in the 1960s.

When I look at the cabinet meeting video I see frightened men trying to tell us: we are being tortured and brain washed every day. Some of us are already beginning to crack- Sessions is beginning to blabber something about medical marijuana all night. Help us please, help us. Call in the Navy Seals and Army Rangers- get us out of here even if some of us die in the attempt.

There was already a navy SEAL in there - Ryan Zinke.
It's worse than we thought.
 
.
I would not be surprised if Trump fails to complete his first term in office.

What's interesting is how "idiot" out performs the other responses.

Another interesting thing is that 31 of the responses have negative connotations, 13 are what I consider neutral, and only 7 have positive connotations. Seems peoples first thoughts about Trump are overwhelmingly negative.
 
Whoever succeeds Trump as POTUS will have a Herculean task on their hands.

After Trump, we will all do our best to pretend he never happened - exorcists will be summoned to the White House to purge his influence.
The success of his successor will be measured by how rarely he/she mentions "He who must not be named".
 
After Trump, we will all do our best to pretend he never happened - exorcists will be summoned to the White House to purge his influence.
The success of his successor will be measured by how rarely he/she mentions "He who must not be named".

I honestly believe that there are already plans by the Republican leadership to devise the best methods to erase all public memories and mentions of him as soon as he is gone. "Trump? No, I can't quite recall the name. Wan't he some reality show MC?"
 
Thoughts on the Cabinet meeting: We got a glimpse of how these people have learned to act around Trump all the time.
 
I know, but I think the idea is that if Rosenstein refused , Trump would fire Roesenstein and put in somebody who would. Saturday Night Massacre 2.
According to legal talking heads, due to the next rungs down in Justice not being filled, there's nobody eligible to be promoted to AG / Deputy AG in the event Sessions honors his recusal and Rosenstein refuses. The slots that need to be filled require senate approval.
 
Last edited:
I agree it was very startling to say the least. But I wonder, based on James Comey's testimony, how many of those Cabinet officers have had to pledge loyalty to Trump? Maybe all of them.

<snip>


If they did, I wonder how legally binding it could be.

They've already sworn an oath of office, which I expect would 'trump' ;) any such commitment.

So I'm thinking it would be a meaningless gesture from any point of view but making the boss happy.
 
Thoughts on the Cabinet meeting: We got a glimpse of how these people have learned to act around Trump all the time.

My thoughts on that Cabinet meeting; cringing shame. One guy thanked
Trump blessing them with his presence. Maybe not exactly, but it was painful.

Let the ring-kissing begin!

Last night, I think on Colbert, it was said that this administration is going to
respond to Comey's testimony by discrediting the man.

This campaign is called "Comey is a pussy". The night before his testimony,
there was an attack ad put out against him.

Comey raises his right hand and testifies while the world watches.

Trump has the backing of his administration and a PAC putting out an attack
ad.

Comey testifies, Trump tweets.
 
Recently read an article by a Trump biographer that concluded that Trump puts no importance in the past or the future, but exists solely in the now.

That's how he can, without shame, say things 100% opposed to statements he made in the past, and can say things without any regard to future implications or consequences. It made a lot of sense.

If that's the case then there needs to be someone nearby at all times to swat him with a rolled-up newspaper.
 
⅓

charmap is fun.


charmap has the advantage of being built in to Windows.

It has the disadvantage of not being able to go full screen, which at least on my laptop means I have to put on my reading glasses (something I normally don't need with the laptop) and then peer closely at the screen to be able to read anything on it.

There's a free, 3rd party app on the Microsoft Windows store called Character Map which in addition to being far more legible (full screen in color with large characters) has a few helpful bells and whistles.

And you don't have to get a command line to open it. If you want you can put it on your taskbar and leave it open if it's something you need to use frequently.
 
After Trump, we will all do our best to pretend he never happened - exorcists will be summoned to the White House to purge his influence.
The success of his successor will be measured by how rarely he/she mentions "He who must not be named".

So the W plan again. When will we not have to forget a republican president?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom