Belz...
Fiend God
Personal attacks are not arguments or alternative theories, sir.
Please refrain.
You are impervious to actual arguments.
Personal attacks are not arguments or alternative theories, sir.
Please refrain.

Your argument is baloney unsupported by evidence.Personal attacks are not arguments or alternative theories, sir.
From what? None of the above is a personal attack.Please refrain.
I've said, my case has been presented. I have nothingfurther on this topic.
I alluded to this earlier, but KotA has missed the obvious:
The Menorah is actually an alien symbol. Atlantis was an ancient civilization founded by these aliens using the Menorah as their symbol of development, even building the city in it's shape (twice!). Sadly, the aliens being spacefaring creatures, didn't understand geology nearly well enough and chose the Atlantis location poorly, and their investment sank with the city. To mitigate the financial disaster of Atlantis, the aliens took virtually anything that might have any value, which is why identifiable ruins have never been found.
Then what should happen but the aliens learned Aristotle was talking and writing about Atlantis, and realized records still existed. The aliens took or destroyed the records Aristotle used, and tried to get Aristotle to stop talking about it. Aristotle would have none of it, as it was one of the best parts of his act, so the aliens poisoned him, took his notes, and that was the end of that.
Or so they thought. Plato then started talking and writing about Atlantis. The aliens knew there was no written record and no physical evidence of Atlantis left and since Plato passed it off as fiction, decided to leave well enough alone.
And besides, the Aliens were starting something new...
Not learning from their mistake, the aliens founded another society in a location that was unlikely to sink. The goat herders like what the aliens were selling, and the grand experiment was again alive. The building plans were presented and approved, and again the Menorah mark was built in. Unfortunately, these goat herders kept getting overrun by neighbors, and kept having to rebuild. The whole thing never panned out for the aliens. And so it goes.
It's all right there.
You are impervious to actual arguments.
Wow....this looks like every other discussion with Footers, UFOers, NDEers, ect ect ...
Put another way.....
You don't know what that is, do you?^Straw-man Fallacy^
You have presented no evidence only your own wild speculation.^Not an alternative theory or a refutation of evidence presented.^
^Straw-man Fallacy^
Uhh---Duh!^Not an alternative theory or a refutation of evidence presented.^
B
The oldest mention of the menorah is a biblical reference that provides no provenance.
If I found that funny, am I part Nazi?
Why are you dismissing the possibility that you're wrong and we don't know?
Ahhh, did you read the passage I posted?
Exodus simply says that God said to build the menorah in a shape after a "pattern" on the mount.
There is no explanation or previous history provided.
That's not speculation of any type.
One, that's still not provenance. WHY a 'lamp' with 7 flames? Where did the "pattern" come from?
The biblical origins are silent hereon.
And yet you claim it came from Atlantis.
Did I miss the part where you provided historical evidence for this claim, because I'd hate to think you would break your own rules and resort to mere speculation.
BTW, does the Bible even mention Atlantis? It puzzles me that you would be using a source that (AFAIK) makes no mention of the civilisation you claim existed, as partial evidence that it did indeed exist.
To reiterate a question you have yet to answer: are there any historical sources other than Plato, that make mention of Atlantis? The Egyptians, Phoenicians, Chinese, Babylonians, the Indus River civilisations, the Celts? Anyone?
Well, that's the catch, right? Which mount, what symbol?
On page one is a picture another poster inverted, flipped and re-attached to another menorah.
The image is atop a large stone and features 3 concentric circles atop a trident, the symbol for Poseidon and Atlantis, here featured as a menorah...maybe?
Other early images of what may or may not be a menorah, are not 'upright' like a lamp should be, which is now a candle-stick holder...more evidence that the symbol is being misappropriated.
In my head, this is about 'the best possible explanation'... If we KNOW the symbol was adopted, which we do, where did it come from? The only other explanation put forth was the "cup" spirals missing the 'foot' of the menorah or Poseidon trident.
I am not certain, but I think those are Celtic, northern English borne, no?
While the symbol of a city lost to the Atlantic ocean's depths would have been quite accessible to the Mediterranean Sea.
I'm gonna conclude here, by saying, I don't know for 100% absolute fact that these two symbols are connected. I would however, after reviewing the Spanish coast, Cameron's film, multiple images of old menorah's, and the provenance or lack thereof, I find that "it is most likely" that the symbol or pattern was adopted from a previously known source of power, authority, or wisdom.
Plato's descriptions of a sunken city, and the ruins now underwater, in my opinion represent the most likely origin of the symbol.
If there is a better more likely source, I would be very interested in reviewing those findings.
My case has been presented, my evidences are varied and plentiful, and I have addressed all of the points raised by the opposition.
Rather than present a case to offer a counter argument, the opposition here have engaged in a "nu-uh" defense. Plato, a renowned teacher and writer, has been brought or made low, google earth images of sunken ruins ignored, so too with biblical references of the cultural appropriation of the "pattern" of the menorah.
Until a better, more consistent, more reliable explanation is brought to bare, the best possible understanding would, for now, be had by connecting the menorah and Plato's Atlantis.
My case is thusly rested.
You have absolutely no idea what that means, do you?
Which civilizations did Plato say the Atlanteans conquered?
The reason I ask is that if it happened 9,000 years before he wrote about it then, for instance, we aren't talking about ancient Egypt. We're talking about prehistoric Egypt.
If Atlantis sank beneath the waves in the late Mesolithic, then the paucity of surviving archaeological material from the cultures of the time would handily explain why no other sources of their story can be found.
Unfortunately it also makes it abundantly clear how ridiculously unlikely it is that Plato was describing known history.