• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more
I think Trump is genuinely a horrible human being. Totally devoid of character.
I think it is devoid of what we colloquially term as "humanity." For example, let's just pretend for a second that the firing of the FBI Director was done for the purest of reasons. It would still be a lousy thing to do because of the way it was done. Terminating someone's employment is something to do face-to-face. This is particularly true if the one doing the firing is all-but-absolutely secure from the possibility of the person being fired reacting irrationally with physical violence.

Whatever else is true about Comey, he served the US Government for over 3 years as FBI Director and spent time in the Justice Department before that. That ought to have at least earned him a modicum of respect from the hellbeast currently pretending to serve the people of the United States in the Oval Office.
 
It is quite straightforward:
- There is good reason to believe that Comey's firing was intended to impede the FBI investigation.
- Impeding a federal investigation is unlawful. Even for the President.

-Thus, his action, at the very least, needs an impartial, independent investigation

So impeding an investigation while a president executes a related duty, and having the DoJ charge him has never really been tested. People cite Nixon and obstruction of justice, but he wasn't charged by the DoJ.
 
Perhaps, but now we are getting away from whether he is the biggest liar in Presidential history. By talking about things of any significance at all you have already ignored most of the false things he says.
He is a habitual liar. He is untrustworthy. You are apparently comfortable with a President who lies so often about so much that one cannot believe him if he said the sky was blue.

Why are you comfortable with that situation?
 
The Democrat party is loaded with extreme hypocrites who are now caterwauling because Trump did something they called for months ago. If Hillary Clinton had been elected, Republicans would've been totally accepting and understanding of her decision to fire Comey on her first day in office.
Had Clinton fired Comey under identical circumstances and timing, Republicans would have scheduled her execution.
 
So impeding an investigation while a president executes a related duty, and having the DoJ charge him has never really been tested. People cite Nixon and obstruction of justice, but he wasn't charged by the DoJ.
That's in large part because he was about to be impeached, he resigned, and then he subsequently received a pardon from Gerald Ford.

You can find this sort of information and more at wikipedia.org!
 
And members of the Democrat party have responded so sensibly?

Did you have a specific criticism as far as that goes?

This sounds like the FOX News narrative that the 'media is rabid' and 'the left needs to let it go', which are both nonsense handwaving of valid concerns.
 
So impeding an investigation while a president executes a related duty, and having the DoJ charge him has never really been tested. People cite Nixon and obstruction of justice, but he wasn't charged by the DoJ.

I wonder why? Could it be this?

September 8, 1974
Proclamation 4311

Now, Therefore, I, Gerald R. Ford, President of the United States, pursuant to the pardon power conferred upon me by Article II, Section 2, of the Constitution, have granted and by these presents do grant a full, free, and absolute pardon unto Richard Nixon for all offenses against the United States which he, Richard Nixon, has committed or may have committed or taken part in during the period from January 20, 1969 through August 9, 1974.
 
Last edited:
I wonder why? Could it be this?

September 8, 1974
Proclamation 4311

Now, Therefore, I, Gerald R. Ford, President of the United States, pursuant to the pardon power conferred upon me by Article II, Section 2, of the Constitution, have granted and by these presents do grant a full, free, and absolute pardon unto Richard Nixon for all offenses against the United States which he, Richard Nixon, has committed or may have committed or taken part in during the period from January 20, 1969 through August 9, 1974.

Regardless of why it wasn't tested, it wasn't tested.
 
The image and mode of communication he uses has been hugely successful for him.
Has it?
  • Trump steaks
  • Trump Airlines
  • Trump casinos
  • Trump wine
  • Trump bankruptcies
  • Over 3000 law suits against him
  • Some have opined that he would be worth more if he simply had invested all of daddy's money in an indexed fund.

But to be fair, let's list his successes:
  • Born to a wealthy father.

Did I forget something?
 
To me it seems as if he lies about almost everything. And if you think it is trivial and stupid for the President of the United States to accuse a former President of wiretapping his building in New York to be trivial then we have a different definition of trivial.

If Trump isnt what you consider to be a compulsive liar I wonder what you would consider a consider a compulsive liar. The simple fact which I do agree with is that 'most' of what he lies about is trivial. But isn't that the textbook definition of compulsive?
Surely having a compulsion to do it would be the defining thing? If he is in the habit of doing it because he finds it useful to spout obviously false or contradictory statements, then that isn't a compulsion. If when he wants to tell the truth he can without any discomfort, then surely he isn't a compulsive liar? If you want to pathologise it, I'd be more inclined to go for sociopathic liar.

I don't believe that for one second. While most politicians do lie occasionally, my experience with people on both sides of the aisle tell the truth although with their spin on it.


Some may stretch the truth on occasion but I have never seen another politician lie like Trump.
Very few of them could do it. They tend to try to mislead and omit rather than lie and when they lie, they try to avoid being caught. The interesting thing about Trump is that he has a method of presentation that allows him to say things that are untrue and contradictory without consequence. Do you think that if Hillary had had that talent and she'd thought deploying it would alow her to Teflon her way out of the email stuff she wouldn't have used it?


In fact I've only met one other person in my life that I find less trustworthy and credible and that was one of my brothers. He would lie, cheat and steal from anyone. He lied about and to women, he lied about his accomplishments. He lied so much and so often that no one in my family would trust him and we would roll our eyes a lot when he started bragging which was often.

To me, Trump is my brother Mickey.
I don't entirely disagree. There are many types of liars though. Some have a surface of ******** with a core of something tangible. Others are ******** all the way through. In any case, surely it is the things that he actually appears to be trying to implement that are important rather than the nonsense he talks. I think talking nonsense serves a purpose for him, and I think part of that purpose is to get people to focus way too much on the nonsense.


And I don't think I would say any President in the last 100 years had as weird of upbringing as Trump.
I don't know enough to debate you.

I wouldn't describe either Bush, Obama, Reagan, Clinton, Carter, LBJ, Eisenhower, FDR or Truman is remotely comparable. I may have diliked and disagreed with some of their policies, I never thought any of them were bad human beings.
Take Reagan, I think the whole Contra thing is way worse than anything that Trump has done yet unless it turns out he is straight up working for Putin.

I think Trump is genuinely a horrible human being. Totally devoid of character.
I honestly don't know. I certainly don't find his public persona particularly appealing.
 
And members of the Democrat party have responded so sensibly?

Actually, yes, they have. Knowing that The Big Dog Needs Facts (an understatement if ever there was one) perhaps you could show us the quotes from Democrats who are gnashing their teeth, clutching their pearls or generally getting all weepy because Comey was such an upstanding guy.

Keep up the farce, kids. Make it about the Democrats and maybe the public won't notice that the POTUS has flopped his dick into the mashed potatoes yet again.
 
Has it?
  • Trump steaks
  • Trump Airlines
  • Trump casinos
  • Trump wine
  • Trump bankruptcies
  • Over 3000 law suits against him
  • Some have opined that he would be worth more if he simply had invested all of daddy's money in an indexed fund.

But to be fair, let's list his successes:
  • Born to a wealthy father.

Did I forget something?
You are making my argument for me. Despite all of that he has managed to become known globally as a successful businessman, have his name on one of the most famous books about being a successful businessman, have a decades long media career culminating in a hit show based on him being a successful businessman, and then parlay that into the Presidency based in part on his claims to be a successful businessman.

If what you say about him is true, then somebody has done a remarkable job on his image.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom