• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Brilliant Light Power Going To Market - Free Energy Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you're speaking in the present tense about these cells, their efficiency and cost, are we to presume that these cells exist now?

I think he is talking about multi-junction solar cells,


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-junction_solar_cell

Basically broad spectrum photovoltaics,

While confusing it with the concentrator photovoltaics systems that use such broad spectrum cells.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concentrator_photovoltaics

The whole idea behind concentrator photovoltaics is that light that falls over a larger area is, well, concentrated onto the smaller area of the solar cells. Not really an issue if you plan to just encompass the entire light source.

I think due to the improved efficacy due both to the larger collection area and broader spectrum cells, someone just latched onto the name of the system without actually looking into it and finding the actual name of the cells.
 
I suspect that they already tried closing the dome and it didn't produce the power expected. Now they are scrambling for excuses for further delays while they try to figure out why it does not produce the expected power.

(Spoiler: There are no hydrinos.)


An imaginative scenario. However, they are not scrambling for excuses for delays. They are mitigating any delay on the photovoltaic front by using the SunCell as a heater instead. Full steam ahead.
 
An imaginative scenario. However, they are not scrambling for excuses for delays. They are mitigating any delay on the photovoltaic front by using the SunCell as a heater instead. Full steam ahead.

Full steam ahead shaking down rubes, amirite?
 
An imaginative scenario. However, they are not scrambling for excuses for delays. They are mitigating any delay on the photovoltaic front by using the SunCell as a heater instead. Full steam ahead.



Funny how they're claiming to do exactly what people in this thread were suggesting they do a few pages back.
 
An imaginative scenario. However, they are not scrambling for excuses for delays. They are mitigating any delay on the photovoltaic front by using the SunCell as a heater instead. Full steam ahead.

Ah, so they are now "mitigating any delay" by going back to what they purportedly could have done decades ago. You can't mitigate years of delays that have already happened. Full steam behind.
 
Funny how they're claiming to do exactly what people in this thread were suggesting they do a few pages back.


As I recall there was (noted here) some excuses of development or delivery problems with a heat exchanger in previous iterations. So it is just a repetition of the same cycle.
 
Yeah, yeah, this is from waaaay upthread, but it is relevant to what's being discussed recently.

markie, how do you know that Mills "correctly predicts so many things like ionization energies"?

I'm particularly curious about this in light of what I wrote in post #2838.

My guess is that you merely read something in Mills' weighty tome, and accepted it as true ... without doing any independent checking.

Relevance to recent discussion? These are all quotes from markie's (recent) posts (there are many more, this is just a sample):

"There is no need for concentrators. The light coming directly off the graphite dome itself has the intensity of many dozens of times that of sunlight striking the earth."

"That page certainly sounds like the SunCell is complete and operating and producing electricity, doesn't it. But it isn't."

"... where the uninitiated might think that BLP has reached the point where the dome is already closed and is giving off brilliant, white, intense blackbody radiation. It isn't. Yet."

"The graphite dome has a hole in the top of it. Nothing to do with the theory."

Unless you are Mills, or a Mills employee, or have taken a recent tour of the facilities near Princeton NJ, how do you know any of this, markie?


The ionization energies and formulae (and some reasoning) for their derivation are in chapters 7 and 10 I believe. At least a couple of interested people have verified that the formulae actually generate the numbers listed in the ionization (binding) energy tables in chapters 7 and 10. I have an Excel spreadsheet generated by one such person (with no affiliation with BLP) where one can see the the formulae and the numbers generated and how they compare to experimental values. These are for 2 to 20 electron atoms and ions. So for instance Mills has calculated the ionization energies for Potassium, such as for K, for K+1, for K+2, ... to K+18.
 
Well, that's the primary reasons I used the latter quote "forward looking vision" instead of the former one "forward looking statement" (though I know I was just splitting hairs). As such actual forward looking statements have utility and the "statements" being made here weren't even "forward looking", they were specifically past tense. I certainly do feel your pain as the lowest common denominator tends to drag down the rest of a field of endeavor.

Funny how the change in terminology from "statement" to "vision" tends to indicate that perhaps markie understands/accepts/acknowledges that the "statement" wasn't/isn't "forward looking" but now just some "vision" perhaps could be.


You have it about right. Fact is, I had no idea that "forward looking statement" was even a legal term. I just knew that BLP had used that phrase in some of their presentation material.
 
You have it about right. Fact is, I had no idea that "forward looking statement" was even a legal term. I just knew that BLP had used that phrase in some of their presentation material.



So, once again you made an authoritative statement about something of which you personally were ignorant, but of which others here were perfectly aware, and yet, when we pointed out your obvious ignorance, you doubled down on it, instead of admitting that maybe just possibly you were talking our you ass.

And yet, you still think you know better than us what game BLP is playing.
 
I will continue to ignore that 'fact' because, well, it isn't a fact imo.

...or you could explain why you think it's not a fact, and even refer to the relevant law which exempts it from the one I posted. Your conclusion must be based on something, so why be coy about sharing what it's based on?
 
You have it about right. Fact is, I had no idea that "forward looking statement" was even a legal term. I just knew that BLP had used that phrase in some of their presentation material.

Do you think that Black Light Power are unaware of what a "forward looking statement" is? Do you think the fact that you (and they) are unaware of what one is makes the one that they have up on their website any less illegal?
 
That sounds an awful like the excuses about difficulties getting the housing for the heater he was going to manufacture in the 1990's.

Funny how each "generation" of Hydrino commercialization is scuttled by problems with third party vendors of parts that are supposedly custom form factors of existing tech.

It's also kinda weird how you're making triangular photovoltaics sound so hard to come by.

http://inhabitat.com/v3solars-photovoltaic-spin-cell-cones-capture-sunlight-all-day-long/

http://exeter-solar.com/solar-pv/

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0196890488900271

https://www.quora.com/How-much-hard...iangular-solar-panels-compared-to-rectangular



Gee. Why am I not surprised a man who scuttled a world changing heater in the 1990's over trouble getting a housing is having trouble finding technology people routinely put on their roofs.


You have repeated this claim about BLP having trouble finding a suitable heat exchanger back in the 1990s. Could you provide a link? If that had to do with their heat producing aqueous cell (with Potassium Carbonate), then what I recall is that it simply did not have the power density required to be a practical device on the market. It had excess energy of about an order of magnitude, but it was low grade heat.

Speaking of the potassium carbonate cell, here is an account of a university in England who (it appears) took this idea of Mills without attribution, and came up with a cell showing anomalous heat. Wonder what become of that.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...-potash-add-electricity-and-get-amystery.html
 
Do you think that Black Light Power are unaware of what a "forward looking statement" is? Do you think the fact that you (and they) are unaware of what one is makes the one that they have up on their website any less illegal?

Really, I'm not interested. I did not know that "forward looking statement" was a legal term, and I can only assume that BLP knows that it is. So what? Again, I'm not really interested.
 
If that had to do with their heat producing aqueous cell (with Potassium Carbonate), then what I recall is that it simply did not have the power density required to be a practical device on the market. It had excess energy of about an order of magnitude, but it was low grade heat.


markie, what exactly is "low grade heat"?
 
You have repeated this claim about BLP having trouble finding a suitable heat exchanger back in the 1990s. Could you provide a link? If that had to do with their heat producing aqueous cell (with Potassium Carbonate), then what I recall is that it simply did not have the power density required to be a practical device on the market. It had excess energy of about an order of magnitude, but it was low grade heat.



Speaking of the potassium carbonate cell, here is an account of a university in England who (it appears) took this idea of Mills without attribution, and came up with a cell showing anomalous heat. Wonder what become of that.



http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...-potash-add-electricity-and-get-amystery.html



I remember posting it to this thread a while back. I'll have to do some spelunking to find it. I may be misremembering the exact component they were waiting on.

I did however find out they were tweeting about problems sourcing components when they were talking about a working prototype in 2015.
http://www.e-catworld.com/2015/02/25/blacklight-power-having-challenges-with-prototype/

As far as the Gardner Watts power cell you linked about, their validation claims are, well...
http://www.badscience.net/2007/11/free-energy/

Has anybody validated this claim? “Jim Lyons, of the University of York, independently evaluated the system,” says the Mail. Oh. Jim is a “business development manager” in York’s enterprise and innovation office, although he does also have a fun science hobby. “As a member of the British Society of Dowsers, he undertakes research into the geo- and bio-physics of Earth energies. His special research topic is the mechanism of dowsing, based on quantum ideas in consciousness studies.”

The article goes on to discuss one way some of the "validation" tests by third party scientists can be very easily faked without the deliberate cooperation of the scientist doing the testing.
 
Last edited:
Really, I'm not interested. I did not know that "forward looking statement" was a legal term, and I can only assume that BLP knows that it is. So what? Again, I'm not really interested.

Of course not. What fun would it be knowing what you are talking about, right?
 
It can be thought of as heat not that much above ambient. In other contexts it is heat below water's boiling point.

Gosh, if only there was a way to convert heating water directly into power output. But of course that is an engineering challenge beyond even Mill's enormous capability.

Seriously though, how can you keep defending this utter nonsense?

Nothing the guy has ever promised has worked, his 'physics' would require nature to not work as it does and the engineering solutions he chooses for any of his projects range from idiotic to outright stupid.
 
There is no need for concentrators. The light coming directly off the graphite dome itself has the intensity of many dozens of times that of sunlight striking the earth.

Yes, I just said that there is no need for concentrators. You don't need to repeat this back to me.

There I go speaking like Dr. Mills, where the uninitiated might think that BLP has reached the point where the dome is already closed and is giving off brilliant, white, intense blackbody radiation. It isn't. Yet. But that's what is coming.

No. The whole thing is a scam, based on a particularly laughable brand of voodoo physics. There are no such things as hydrinos. Mills is simply making yet another in an endless series of excuses why he can't deliver an actual product.

How long will you continue to swallow his lies and excuses before you stop believing in this charade? A year? Five? Ten?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom