• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Brilliant Light Power Going To Market - Free Energy Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear it.







Context, context. I could have a company webpage that says it has developed a rocket capable of going to Mars and back. Is that fraud? No. It is defrauding no-one. It would be forward looking, loosely, not legally, speaking.



If I had material specifically for investors to evaluate, then things might be different.


That's cutting it very fine, especially if this "statement" entices new investors.
 
You have it ass backwards. It's you guys accusing Mills of fraud, not me. And if I call it a forward looking statement, so what. I'm just in the peanut gallery.

In the peanut gallery pumping up a bogus energy research scheme while avoiding honest engagement in a discusion. Your reply is disengenious as any.
 
Glad to hear it.



Context, context. I could have a company webpage that says it has developed a rocket capable of going to Mars and back. Is that fraud? No. It is defrauding no-one. It would be forward looking, loosely, not legally, speaking.

If I had material specifically for investors to evaluate, then things might be different.
Must be embarrassing to walk around naked in your "emperor has no clothes" BLP suit. So embarrassing that clothing yourself in sci fi rocket ships is actually more plausible, and covers your nakedness better!:o
 
In the peanut gallery pumping up a bogus energy research scheme while avoiding honest engagement in a discusion. Your reply is disengenious as any.

It comes with "Mills' theory" : it is like a virus, once you start accepting that "theory" you then have a to have a degree of disingenuity in your discourse.
 
Context, context. I could have a company webpage that says it has developed a rocket capable of going to Mars and back. Is that fraud? No. It is defrauding no-one.

It seems like you're defending the practice of telling any level of lie so long as it falls short, however slightly, of a criminal offence. Morally, how do you feel about that?

Dave
 
Context, context. I could have a company webpage that says it has developed a rocket capable of going to Mars and back. Is that fraud? No.

Apparently, according to US law, yes, unless it had the specific caveats mentioned upthread. If you believe I'm mistaken in this, then please quote the relevant part of the relevant law and explain how it exempts the statement under discussion.

It seems that the answer is you were accusing Mills of fraud, you just didn't know that that's what you were doing.
 
Can I borrow that brand name for my story?


Of course.

And just for the record, the "™" marks in the post you quoted were satirical. I have not taken any action toward establishing a trademark for the term, have no intention to, and claim no trademark rights to it.
 
Dr. Mills just updated. It looks like there is a delay on the concentrated photovoltaic front. They will be going to a heater product initially. (Which makes logical and evolutionary sense imo.) Still working on issues around 'closing the dome', which is a huge step.

I pretty much dropped out of this thread some time ago. But here's a good example illustrating the silliness of this cheesy fraud. (And yes, I am calling it a flat-out fraud.)

It's bad enough that Mills claims he is creating dark matter, and simply laughable that he claims to have verified this via spectroscopy. But the idea that "concentrators" are need for PV cells in this is extra-absurd. Concentrators are used to get more light from a distant source onto a smaller array of solar cells. But we're talking about putting cells at a tiny distance around a glorified light bulb - just about completely surrounding it.

Not only is there no need for concentrators, they'd simply get in the way; I expect they would actually reduce the total system efficiency in this arrangement (if you assumed hydrinos are real, which they aren't). In any case, there's enough power claimed in this phony process to destroy the PV cells; you could have a perfectly good working model with ordinary cells.

The concentrator cells-aren't-ready bit is a particularly stupid excuse for Mills not to put have a working generator. However, it's not even consistent with previous claims, as others here have already pointed out. The problem with running a scam this long is that you start to have trouble keeping track of the lies you tell. Fortunately for Mills, and as so ably demonstrated with our current President, the marks will put a lot of effort into believing you, even if you say two completely contradictory things in a short interval.
 
Before I joined this forum, I participated in another forum that was devoted to the exposure of scams and their perpitrators. Sadly, that forum lost its way and I departed for the greener pastures of the JREF, or what we know today as the ISF. As such, nothing would make me happier than to know the documentation of various claims made by Mills and his minions over time, sealed up here, safe from deletion or revision, may actually lead to its public exposure as the obvious fraud it is one day.
 
I could have a company webpage that says it has developed a rocket capable of going to Mars and back. Is that fraud? No. It is defrauding no-one. It would be forward looking, loosely, not legally, speaking.


It seems like you're defending the practice of telling any level of lie so long as it falls short, however slightly, of a criminal offence. Morally, how do you feel about that?

Dave


If my company has proven the different components of the rocket work, such that, if put together, it would indeed be capable of going to Mars and back, I wouldn't call it a lie. I would call it forward looking.
 
If my company has proven the different components of the rocket work, such that, if put together, it would indeed be capable of going to Mars and back, I wouldn't call it a lie. I would call it forward looking.


This part

...such that, if put together, it would indeed be capable of going to Mars and back...

Belies this part...


... says it has developed a rocket capable of going to Mars and back.

"has developed" is past tense so not "forward looking" at all and it is that very remaining 'development' (putting together such that it works) you assert to still be "forward looking" at. So yes just by your own assertions claiming some still "forward looking" development you hope to happen as past tense "has developed" is a lie.
 
If my company has proven the different components of the rocket work, such that, if put together, it would indeed be capable of going to Mars and back, I wouldn't call it a lie. I would call it forward looking.

As The Man says, the use of the past tense makes it unequivocally a lie. And, if it was used to attract investors in the company, it would be fraud more or less by definition. All you're demonstrating here, therefore, is that you don't actually understand the concept of honesty.

Dave
 
How does one report a business for that kind of "forward thinking" fraud (in the US)?

Asking for a friend.
 
How does one report a business for that kind of "forward thinking" fraud (in the US)?

Asking for a friend.



You likely couldn't directly report them. You'd have to have some sort of standing to sue them, and as someone who isn't an investor, and thus isn't directly harmed by their fraud, you likely wouldn't have the standing needed.

And of course, anyone who has invested, and thus would have such standing, has likely been screened by Mills in order to be gullible enough that they'll likely never believe they've been scammed.
 
If my company has proven the different components of the rocket work, such that, if put together, it would indeed be capable of going to Mars and back, I wouldn't call it a lie. I would call it forward looking.

Well, firstly, that's still illegal. As I think you know, as you have ignored my request to quote the specific part of the specific law which exempts Mills' statement from the law I cited.

Secondly, you haven't posted an apt analogy. If "the different components of the rocket work[ed]" then you wouldn't have been able to post the following:

Dr. Mills just updated. It looks like there is a delay on the concentrated photovoltaic front. They will be going to a heater product initially. (Which makes logical and evolutionary sense imo.) Still working on issues around 'closing the dome', which is a huge step.
 
If markie was telling the truth thought I'd capture Brilliantlight home page before that gets deleted or retrofitted.
Attached a screengrab as well.
Mills and his company Brilliant Light Power are deluded as usual (even with markie's fantasy of a seemingly illegal "forward looking statement"). That page explicitly states a delusion about converting "hydrogen atoms of water molecules to dark matter" when dark matter is non-baryonic, i.e. not hydrogen atoms at any of Mills imagined energy levels.
 
I pretty much dropped out of this thread some time ago. But here's a good example illustrating the silliness of this cheesy fraud. (And yes, I am calling it a flat-out fraud.)

It's bad enough that Mills claims he is creating dark matter, and simply laughable that he claims to have verified this via spectroscopy. But the idea that "concentrators" are need for PV cells in this is extra-absurd. Concentrators are used to get more light from a distant source onto a smaller array of solar cells. But we're talking about putting cells at a tiny distance around a glorified light bulb - just about completely surrounding it.

Not only is there no need for concentrators, they'd simply get in the way; I expect they would actually reduce the total system efficiency in this arrangement (if you assumed hydrinos are real, which they aren't). In any case, there's enough power claimed in this phony process to destroy the PV cells; you could have a perfectly good working model with ordinary cells.

The concentrator cells-aren't-ready bit is a particularly stupid excuse for Mills not to put have a working generator. However, it's not even consistent with previous claims, as others here have already pointed out. The problem with running a scam this long is that you start to have trouble keeping track of the lies you tell. Fortunately for Mills, and as so ably demonstrated with our current President, the marks will put a lot of effort into believing you, even if you say two completely contradictory things in a short interval.


There is no need for concentrators. The light coming directly off the graphite dome itself has the intensity of many dozens of times that of sunlight striking the earth.

There I go speaking like Dr. Mills, where the uninitiated might think that BLP has reached the point where the dome is already closed and is giving off brilliant, white, intense blackbody radiation. It isn't. Yet. But that's what is coming.
 
Before I joined this forum, I participated in another forum that was devoted to the exposure of scams and their perpitrators. Sadly, that forum lost its way and I departed for the greener pastures of the JREF, or what we know today as the ISF. As such, nothing would make me happier than to know the documentation of various claims made by Mills and his minions over time, sealed up here, safe from deletion or revision, may actually lead to its public exposure as the obvious fraud it is one day.


I very much hope it is preserved as a matter of public record as well. But for different reasons of course.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom