I prefer, "laughably vile", rather than "dull", Hans.
From that blogpost:Mass rape of Italian women by Free French forces -
http://uncensoredhistory.blogspot.c...-women-french-colonial-soldiers-moroccan.html
Maybe the makers of Hellstorm - www.hellstormdocumentary.com - can produce a documentary about Allied war crimes against the Italians ?
And then in the very next paragraph, the very same proclamation is repeated in a slightly differing translation as if it were a different proclamation from the same general Juin.At the dawn of day chosen for the attack, May 14, 1944, General Juin forwarded to the men of IIa Infantry Division (Jan. Dody) and IVa Mountain Division (Jan. Guillaume) the following proclamation: [...] "For fifty hours you will be absolute masters of what you will find beyond the enemy. No one will punish you for what you do, no one will ask you to account for what you take. "
For a more balanced view of what took place you might follow that link. You can read French, Mondial?Recent research has showed this statement was forged after the war by Italian victims' associations and is linked to the perception of the crimes by the Italians rather than an official policy of the French Army.[3]
Kesselring had in fact been present in the area, in the very village in which I heard accounts of the behaviour of the German forces on the Gustav Line.
Kesselring did not maltreat Allied prisoners, and Churchill held Italians, whether civilian or military, in very low esteem.BTW Kesselring had been sentenced to death in 1947 but he got a lot of support including from the Allied side. Even Churchill stated that the sentence was too harsh. As a result Kesselring has been released from prison in 1952 instead of being executed by a firing squad.
http://www.nytimes.com/books/98/11/22/specials/ambrose-atrocities.html
Oh, this link is a refutation. I read a work that I can't remember the name but was hardly sympathetic to Nazi's that they have several camps along the Rhine river filled with Nazi civilians. The writer claimed that there were too many Nazi's left alive after the war to let go so they starved them. And this makes perfect sense. The write claimed that the prisoners were not only not fed, they also were not given clothing or shelter. Geeze I wish I remembered the name of the book. I read it in the 90's
I believe the work you are remembering is James Bacque's book "Other Losses". The conclusions made by Mr. Bacque have been rather thoroughly debunked.
This is just a crude Holocaust denial site. Also I can't check the reliability of the U.S. Experiment site. Not impressive.At the Nuremberg tribunal and other trials German doctors were condemned for experiments - https://codoh.com/library/document/2369/
And yet before, during and after the war American doctors also conducted experiments -
www.jrbooksonline.com/HTML-docs/A History Of US Secret Human Experimentation.htm
Yet more hypocrisy and double standards from the Allies.
One can find similar things happening on a smaller scale on other fronts.
For example, there's a story from the battle for Ortona in 1943. The Germans lured a group of Canadian soldiers into a building, which the Germans then blew up. The Canadians regarded that as something of a dirty trick, so a few days later Canadian troops did the same thing to some Germans.
Then there's the Pacific, with U.S. troops versus the Japanese. The latter would sometimes feign surrender, only to drop concealed grenades as American soldiers got close. After a few such events, it should not be surprising that U.S. troops became decidedly less interested in accepting the apparent surrender of Japanese soldiers.
I don't offer it as excuse but rather as partial explanation. See the tit-for-tat examples given in the reply above.
I've been carefully distinguishing between attacks on Israeli civilians and soldiers in Palestinian Territories occupied by Israel. To you it's all the same, I suppose, but I find it hard to accept that. I make a distinction between terrorism and attacks on military targets. In any case we've shown time and again that killing civilians was a primary aim of the bombing campaign, so your point is irrelevant.In real life it is a perfect excuse. Once you know your enemy does not follow the rules.................
And, as to the cities, they had the things in them (war work, war communications, war offices, roads that military moved on, tracks that military goods and personnel moved on) and the RoW make that a war crime - for the side using/allowing the military to use them.
More Germans died after their country surrendered than during the war.
What does that tell you about the so called "good guys" ? It tells me that they were nothing but two faced hypocrites and holier than thou types who are guilty of war crimes themselves.
https://wearswar.wordpress.com/2017...survive-genocide-of-the-german-people-part-1/
https://wearswar.wordpress.com/2017...survive-genocide-of-the-german-people-part-2/
The 2 Million-The Rape of German Girls and Women
https://wearswar.wordpress.com/2017/08/22/the-rape-of-german-girls-women-a-brutal-plan-for-genocide/
https://wearswar.wordpress.com/2017...rls--women-a-brutal-plan-for-genocide-part-2/
95% of Babies Born in Berlin 1945 Die on America's Watch
https://wearswar.wordpress.com/2017...l-force-resettlement-of-germans-into-germany/