LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian
He's too young.
Technically, he would have met the age requirement by one day!
Well, then he's not too young.
He's too young.
Technically, he would have met the age requirement by one day!
I'm not interesting in compromising with the left in anyway, they ALL need to be defeated. Over and over, they will never give up on subjugating people to get power.I'm not asking you to meet ME in the middle. I'm asking you to meet the left down the middle. Stop expecting others to do the right thing first, otherwise you come off as someone unwilling to do the right thing for its own sake.
I don't think it was just the Hillary ran or was the nominee. A big part of it was the perception (with lots of circumstantial evidence and bad optics to support it) that Hillary was the Chosen One. That she was the choice of the rich donors and that it was her turn. The idea of a legacy candidate was not a popular one (hi, Jeb!) The GOP capitalized on that plus the 30 years of attacks on her to depress voters. They won not by making folks excited about Trump, but by turning people off all together.
I'm not interesting in compromising with the left in anyway, they ALL need to be defeated. Over and over, they will never give up on subjugating people to get power.
Considering that you've just described the right to a T, you need a lesson in irony.
One of these days you'll have to give me your definition of "the left". I suspect that will be hilarious.
Considering that you've just described the right to a T, you need a lesson in irony.
.
Politics has long been having a recruitment and retention crisis. Almost any other career is more attractive.How can one look at that list and think 'level headed' after seeing, in order:
Nancy Pelosi will be 80 in 2020
Maxine Waters will be 82 in 2020
Debbie Wasserman-Schultz was drummed out of the DNC
Chuck Schumer surprisingly not too old or already drummed out
Harry Reid will be 81 in 2020
Al Gore already lost once
Joe Biden will be 78 in 2020
Anthony Weiner seriously?!? The sexting/dick pick guy?
Politics has long been having a recruitment and retention crisis. Almost any other career is more attractive.
I suspect that had the GOP had an annointed candidate and a sanctioned alternative or two the Trump phaenomenon could never have occurred. The crisis would have been postponed but not averted and four more years would have been lost. As it transpired the Republican clown-car filled the stage with clowns, making Trump one of a crowd instead of the clown. And what's more, the most recognisable.I don't think it was just the Hillary ran or was the nominee. A big part of it was the perception (with lots of circumstantial evidence and bad optics to support it) that Hillary was the Chosen One. That she was the choice of the rich donors and that it was her turn. The idea of a legacy candidate was not a popular one (hi, Jeb!) The GOP capitalized on that plus the 30 years of attacks on her to depress voters. They won not by making folks excited about Trump, but by turning people off all together.
Parties always have young up-and-coming stars. They're young, hopeful, full of ambition. The problem lies in the hollowing-out of the population between the up-and-coming and the septuagenarians. The Democratic Party's "up-and coming" of, say, twenty years ago seem to have upped and gone to more satisfying pastures.Both parties in the US have young up and coming stars. Some just want to ignore that to claim that the 80 year olds are the only hope for Democrats.
I think the reference is to your determination to defeat the left, which implies annihilation or subjugation. No alternative springs to mind.I'd like an example please? Show me the subjugation of the right?
Let's not slip into false equivalence. Significantly more right-wingnuts equate the Democratic Party with Nazis than left-wingnuts, who comprise, lets face it, a pretty small sample. Large from logger's perspective, I suspect, but that's down to a horizon effect. The effect of a very limited horizon.I suspect that when one is so far to the extreme right, one sees even those who are moderate right as "leftists", to say nothing of centrists or actual left wing people. I've seen far left folks on here comparing the Democratic Party to Nazis as well, so I know the perception is just as skewed with distance from that side.
That wasn't my meaning of subjugation and he commented on it as such. The left isn't the "free speech" left it used to be. Now it's the left that uses government to subjugate people.I think the reference is to your determination to defeat the left, which implies annihilation or subjugation. No alternative springs to mind.
To sorta answer the OP, it wouldn't matter. Hillary didn't fail the Democratic electorate; the electorate failed Hillary. At this point it's quite clear that Hillary lost because too many Democratic voters stayed home, assuming she would win, and not wanting to otherwise violate their perceived purity by voting for someone who had actually gotten her hands dirty over decades of real-world politics. They drank from the right wing fever swamps and somehow assumed the worst of a lifelong public servant while downplaying the risk of a Trump win. Hopefully this is a stark lesson for future elections.
Parties always have young up-and-coming stars. They're young, hopeful, full of ambition. The problem lies in the hollowing-out of the population between the up-and-coming and the septuagenarians. The Democratic Party's "up-and coming" of, say, twenty years ago seem to have upped and gone to more satisfying pastures.
To sorta answer the OP, it wouldn't matter. Hillary didn't fail the Democratic electorate; the electorate failed Hillary. At this point it's quite clear that Hillary lost because too many Democratic voters stayed home, assuming she would win, and not wanting to otherwise violate their perceived purity by voting for someone who had actually gotten her hands dirty over decades of real-world politics. They drank from the right wing fever swamps and somehow assumed the worst of a lifelong public servant while downplaying the risk of a Trump win. Hopefully this is a stark lesson for future elections.
I certainly hope you keep thinking this way, I wonder who's "turn" it will be next. Instead of changing your hard left ways, you're setting yourself up for defeat again.
I doubt you are even thinking correctly on your perceived Trump risk.
What is your perceived Trump risk?