• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump runs for POTUS/ Trumped Up! Part VII

Hillary +15 in new PRRI poll. Dems +12 in generic congressional ballot.

Also worth noting that white evangelicals are far more likely to say that personal immorality is not disqualifying than they were five years ago.
30% said so in 2011, 72 say so now. I wonder why. Hypocritical scum.

http://www.prri.org/research/prri-b...residential-election-horserace-clinton-trump/

One might be forgiven for thinking that for many, if not most, of them it was never about their faith and religious conviction and all about being able to force people they didn't like to do things they didn't want to do.
 
There we differ. Hatred is like ammunition: you save it for a worhwhile target.

Scorn? Contempt? Exasperation? Amusement? Heck, those are just rimfire fodder, crack away.

Cruellest of all is gentle pity for a diseased personality.

I believe hatred is an appropriate reaction for a man this despicable and cruel.
 
One might be forgiven for thinking that for many, if not most, of them it was never about their faith and religious conviction and all about being able to force people they didn't like to do things they didn't want to do.

God I hate defending the evangelicals. I'm a hard core atheist. But I understand why many of them are still supporting Trump. It's not because they believe Trump is religious or is good in any way. It's because he is now making a pro life stance. He has promised to elect pro-life judges. They know Hillary will not. They know how old some of the justices are.

It's political calculation, pure and simple.
 
God I hate defending the evangelicals. I'm a hard core atheist. But I understand why many of them are still supporting Trump. It's not because they believe Trump is religious or is good in any way. It's because he is now making a pro life stance. He has promised to elect pro-life judges. They know Hillary will not. They know how old some of the justices are.

It's political calculation, pure and simple.
So what he said.

They believed personal morality was important before Trump. Now they don't care.

**** them.
 
God I hate defending the evangelicals. I'm a hard core atheist. But I understand why many of them are still supporting Trump. It's not because they believe Trump is religious or is good in any way. It's because he is now making a pro life stance. He has promised to elect pro-life judges. They know Hillary will not. They know how old some of the justices are.

It's political calculation, pure and simple.
Some anti-abortionists point of view is that they'd vote for anyone who is anti-abortion if they are running against a pro-choice candidate, regardless of any of the other issues.
 
God I hate defending the evangelicals. I'm a hard core atheist. But I understand why many of them are still supporting Trump. It's not because they believe Trump is religious or is good in any way. It's because he is now making a pro life stance. He has promised to elect pro-life judges. They know Hillary will not. They know how old some of the justices are.

It's political calculation, pure and simple.

It might go further than that. since those in the deep end of the faith pool really think that the Devil will appear in a pleasing disguise (like someone who speaks well, runs a great charity, is a faithful spouse and is a known practising Christian).
So by being repulsive, Trump might in a twisted sense have more cred, since it requires a greater leap of faith to trust him, hence bigger reward if you do.
 
Most evangelicals would be screaming bloody murder if Clinton invited a pro-Hamas, anti-Israel person to the debate.
 
It might go further than that. since those in the deep end of the faith pool really think that the Devil will appear in a pleasing disguise (like someone who speaks well, runs a great charity, is a faithful spouse and is a known practising Christian).
So by being repulsive, Trump might in a twisted sense have more cred, since it requires a greater leap of faith to trust him, hence bigger reward if you do.

I think that is a stretch. I get the devil in disguise, but I don't believe they really think that. There are lots of single issue voters and abortion and guns are probably make up the 2 biggest blocks of single issue voters.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom