• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump runs for POTUS/ Trumped Up! Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can spin the wheels any way you want but fact of the matter is you want a sexual assault bragger to be barred from the White house but a sneaking, charming, perv and cheater was perfectly acceptable 17 years ago his second term and beyond. Bill even kept his career relatively intact and still practices politics in quite a few mediums which is pretty impressive given he's also been accused of rape in the past.

Given the circumstances, if the charming, cheating perv was acceptable almost 2 decades ago I fail to understand how people suddenly see the moral problems on someone else running now, other than the fact that people are simply blind to moral standards when it's their candidate. What Trump said is reprehensible. I just find it ironic that the moral problem here is lop sided.


I'm not clear on where the "perv" part comes from.

If a BJ between two consenting adults automatically makes the recipient a "perv", then there are an awful lot of them (us) in the country.
 
Just because you claim equivalence between a consensual bj and sexual assault doesn't make it so.
Sorry to disappoint but I don't claim them to be the same thing. They're both different types of despicable. The problem is you're appealing to moral standards as one of the reasons why this guy shouldn't be in office. That's all fine and acceptable to me if you've studied your options and determined your choices accordingly. However, don't pretend we haven't voted for these sort of people in the past unless you're looking for someone to point out the selective standards on your argument's behalf
 
Last edited:
You can spin the wheels any way you want but fact of the matter is you want a sexual assault bragger to be barred from the White house but a sneaking, charming, perv and cheater was perfectly acceptable 17 years ago his second term and beyond.
I don't think it was acceptable. I think his behaviour was completely unacceptable, and unforgivable.

We have to accept that it happened, but in '92 and '96 voters didn't know what they were accepting. The Lewinsky affair didn't reveal that until '98. Had the truth been known in '96 it's debatable whether Clinton would have been allowed to stand. Gore would have stepped up and the rest would be a different history.

It wasn't acceptable, but it happened. We do know what Trump is, and that he is unacceptable. Clinton may have "bragging rights on a BJ", but does he actually brag about it? Clinton at least knows shame. Trump has no concept of it.

ETA : Trump explicitly did find Bill Clinton's behaviour acceptable. That's another measure of his sleaze.
 
Last edited:
Sorry to disappoint but I don't claim them to be the same thing. They're both different types of despicable. The problem is you're appealing to moral standards as one of the reasons why this guy shouldn't be in office. That's all fine and acceptable to me if you've studied your options and determined your choices accordingly. However, don't pretend we havent voted for these sort of people in the past.


If they are not equivalent, there is no double standard or hypocrisy.

I dunno about you, but I've never voted for someone who has bragged about how he gets away with sexual assault because he's famous.
 
I don't think it was acceptable. I think his behaviour was completely unacceptable, and unforgivable.

We have to accept that it happened, but in '92 and '96 voters didn't know what they were accepting. The Lewinsky affair didn't reveal that until '98. Had the truth been known in '96 it's debatable whether Clinton would have been allowed to stand. Gore would have stepped up and the rest would be a different history.

It wasn't acceptable, but it happened. We do know what Trump is, and that he is unacceptable. Clinton may have "bragging rights on a BJ", but does he actually brag about it? Clinton at least knows shame. Trump has no concept of it.

ETA : Trump explicitly did find Bill Clinton's behaviour acceptable. That's another measure of his sleaze.
I'd chastise you right now for ruining my mood, but i gotta give credit where credit is due. This qualifies as one of those responses where you've understood the history and weighed your options. I'll disagree on some of it but it adequately addresses the core criticism as an individual response.... did far more good than an entire page of replies. If there was a like feature I would easily prop it for being a rare gem in the politics section.
 
Last edited:
LOL, Republicans trying to take credit for Obama's good approval ratings, I've heard everything.

And yep, the Iran deal that every Republican was against is nothing.

Tony, the Iran deal is nothing to brag about, along with the ransom payment that the weak SOB stole and handed to the Mullahs.
 
Tony, the Iran deal is nothing to brag about, along with the ransom payment that the weak SOB stole and handed to the Mullahs.
The point was that he did it without any R support and still has good approval ratings. I thought the Rs stopped him from doing anything and therefore they get to take credit for his approval ratings.

Pathetic.
 
Last edited:
Lol

That is hilarious. She's probably saying, I forgive you again Bill. What a team!
Or maybe they have an open marriage and she lets him dick around and she has a lesbian relationship with Huma Abedin.

I couldn't care less.
 
A married man getting a consensual bj from a subordinate, you're not married are you? It's not usually okay to do that. Lol
Trump thinks it is. Well, he did think it was. It's convenient for him not to thinks so in public these days, but I doubt his private position has changed one iota. Do you, in your heart of hearts? In dark days such as these you can do worse than look into your heart for answers. Republican family values are all very well, but the heart knows.

Do let us know your answer on Trump : acceptable or unacceptable?
 
The point was that he did it without any R support and still has good approval ratings. I thought the Rs stopped him from doing anything and therefore they get to take credit for his approval ratings.

Pathetic.
The big feature, I think, is how powerless Israel has become in US policy. A new chapter has very definitely opened on that relationship.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom