• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump runs for POTUS/ Trumped Up! Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a reminder, even if we grant that Trump doesn't want to release this year's tax returns because they are under audit, that is no excuse for not releasing last year's, or the year before, or any other year.

It's complete ********.
Just one of the many times I alluded to earlier where follow up was nowhere to be found. When Trump once again tap danced about the IRS audit, the moderators, Ms. Clinton, a bird descending from the ceiling sporting a Groucho mustache should have said, "You're not fooling anyone. And here's why."
 
Just one of the many times I alluded to earlier where follow up was nowhere to be found. When Trump once again tap danced about the IRS audit, the moderators, Ms. Clinton, a bird descending from the ceiling sporting a Groucho mustache should have said, "You're not fooling anyone. And here's why."

And Clinton has the ammo.

"I have released my tax returns going back for the last 20 years. Surely you have tax returns from that time frame that are currently not under audit?"

For pete's sake, Pence released how many years worth of tax returns. "Even your running mate has released his tax returns for the last X years. He understands the significance of the gesture."
 
You sometimes question (and I'm sure he does too) what it would take to actually finish Trump off? Spitting into the reflecting pool at the World Trade Centre memorial? Getting Mark David Chapman paroled?

Why will he refuse to flush? Surely any of these scandals would have destroyed someone like Romney or Obama.
 
You sometimes question (and I'm sure he does too) what it would take to actually finish Trump off? Spitting into the reflecting pool at the World Trade Centre memorial? Getting Mark David Chapman paroled?

Why will he refuse to flush? Surely any of these scandals would have destroyed someone like Romney or Obama.
Who says they haven't destroyed him? Just because he's not dropping out of the race doesn't mean he has even a remote chance of winning the election.

Frankly, if either presidential candidate dropped out of the race at this late date, it would be the most unpatriotic act possible short of straight-up treason. The electoral mess that could result if a miracle occurred and a headless Republican ticket won would be a complete nightmare.
 
Who says they haven't destroyed him? Just because he's not dropping out of the race doesn't mean he has even a remote chance of winning the election.

Frankly, if either presidential candidate dropped out of the race at this late date, it would be the most unpatriotic act possible short of straight-up treason. The electoral mess that could result if a miracle occurred and a headless Republican ticket won would be a complete nightmare.

Not necessarily. It does probably mean losses for some down ticket races but those might happen anyway.
 
As I said to someone at work today, a diehard Trump supporter, even if I agreed with what Trump's saying (and I don't), I still wouldn't vote for him because I don't think he has any idea what it takes to be president.

This is a guy who lost billions in professional sports, an airline and casino gambling primarily because he refused to heed the advice of people who were experienced in those fields and, more importantly, had been successful in them. What does that indicate about what kind of novice president he'd make? He's already stated he won't listen to the military people about how to best use the military and he won't listen to foreign affairs professionals about how best to proceed in foreign relations. Why? Because he "knows more than they do." Which was what he said when he invested in professional sports, airlines and casino gambling.

This is a man who has made money building apartment buildings, hotels and golf courses. When he has gotten away from those core businesses the results have been absolutely disastrous. That's a cardinal rule of business: stick with what you know, with what has worked. Which is why McDonald's doesn't sell tires and Goodyear doesn't sell hamburgers. And why Trump shouldn't be running for president. :cool:
 
Again, the distinction here is allegation vs admission.

Show me Clinton bragging about sexually assaulting women and Democrats rallying behind him, and I'll concede that there's a double standard.

Until then, it's a false equivalency.
No need to concede anything. You're entitled to your opinion but of course opinions dont really matter in the face of factual history. One of the criticisms of Trump is he bragged about groping women in the unmentionables. I totally understand why people would be disgusted by that...

Bill Clinton has bragging rights to the blow job. You do not have to agree with me on whether a double standard exists. I simply note that democrats did not give a hoot back then despite the fact that Bill was a sitting president... his popularity numbers indicate as much.

And yet here we are... after keeping a man in the oval office... after committing infidelity to his wife.... saying that a POTUS prospective shouldnt be in the office at all because he spoke like a creepy perv.

Maybe you're correct... maybe this isnt a double standard.. more like a heaping... steaming pile of hypocrisy. I expect nothing less from this election cycle.

Vote for clinton nevertheless if you must... I might still. But the criticism stands.
 
Last edited:
No need to concede anything. You're entitled to your opinion but of course opinions dont really matter in the face of factual history. One of the criticisms of Trump is he bragged about groping women in the unmentionables. I totally jnderstand why people would be disgusted by that...

Bill Clinton has bragging rights to the blow job. You do not have to agree with me on whether a double standard exists. I simply note that democrats did not give a hoot back then despite the fact that Bill was a sitting president... and yet here we are... after keeping a man in the oval office... after committing infidelity to his wife.... saying that a POTUS prospective shouldnt be in the office at all because he spoke like a creepy perv.

Maybe youre correct... maybe this isnt a double standard.. more like a heeping... steaming pile of hypocrisy. I expect nothing less from this election cycle
Since the BJ was consensual and Donald was caught bragging about getting away with sexual assault, there is no hypocrisy whatsoever.
 
Since the BJ was consensual and Donald was caught bragging about getting away with sexual assault, there is no hypocrisy whatsoever.

You can spin the wheels any way you want but fact of the matter is you want a sexual assault bragger to be barred from the White house but a sneaking, charming, perv and cheater was perfectly acceptable 17 years ago his second term and beyond. Bill even kept his career relatively intact and still practices politics in quite a few mediums which is pretty impressive given he's also been accused of rape in the past.

Given the circumstances, if the charming, cheating perv was acceptable almost 2 decades ago I fail to understand how people suddenly see the moral problems on someone else running now, other than the fact that people are simply blind to moral standards when it's their candidate. What Trump said is reprehensible. I just find it ironic that the moral problem here is lop sided.
 
Last edited:
This is a man who has made money building apartment buildings, hotels and golf courses. When he has gotten away from those core businesses the results have been absolutely disastrous. That's a cardinal rule of business: stick with what you know, with what has worked. Which is why McDonald's doesn't sell tires and Goodyear doesn't sell hamburgers. And why Trump shouldn't be running for president. :cool:
The inflation in land-values over Trump's working life means its been difficut to lose money in the property business. Whether Trump is any good at it, and hasn't just been riding the wave, can only be determined by comparison. How has he performed in comparison to his peers?

I don't know, but I doubt it's well, frankly. If people haven't been robbing him blind all his life my faith in the New York business community is misplaced. Legitimate business and whatever.
 
I love Buffett. The guy's life is the antithesis of Donald Trump. He lives in a very modest home for a billionaire. I ate dinner at the next table to him in Omaha. A very simple reasonably priced family steakhouse. It's all substance with him and little or no flash. Everything is practical and honest.

He's an old miser who hides his money.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom