• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump runs for POTUS / Trumped Up! Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which part wasn't true?
That he has been involved in many many projects?
That's true.
That he tries to get projects done on time and on budget?
That's true as well. You need to understand HOW he does that. He screws everyone in his path. Not appropriate behavior for the President.
That he is not the one who personally inspects all of the work?
Who cares if he inspects it?
That he says he doesn't like to pay for work that doesn't meet the specifications?
I'm sure he does say it. He also contradicts himself, saying that the project came out "tremendously" and then when it comes time to pay up, he uses that as one of his excuses to not pay up.
That some of the times the person who wasn't paid in full did not fulfill the contract?
That part is a flat-out lie. He stiffs people who did everything AND MORE.

That many times these disputes are not cut and dried?

They're not cut and dry to Trump and his legion of half-wits. To the rest of the world, they are.
 
Leftist want to encourage young men to use as many women as they can and somehow this leads to the BS above?
See if you can get your mind out of the past, none of that is accepted or even expected, I'm 43 and I've never seen that attitude towards women in my entire life.

Well, if you have never seen that attitude in your life, then you have never heard of that guy Donald J. Trump who is such womanizer that he got the title of "Ladies Man" when he was in school.
 

Attachments

  • Ladies Man.jpg
    Ladies Man.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 12
You really don't have any basis for making this claim, unless you have more information than I do, which I doubt.
He stiffed 253 different contractors for $70m. For the Taj Mahal alone. How did this happen? Because he is so incompetent that he hired that many bad contractors to work on one project? So unlikely it is not worth seriously considering.

So yeah, he stiffed lots of people who did the job they were hired to. His motive for doing so is obvious: because it benefited him. He's a terrible person who only cares about himself and to him *********** people over is just a smart business strategy.
 
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...bills-republican-president-laswuits/85297274/

The notion that Donald didn't pay them because they did a terrible job is ridiculous. A handful, sure maybe. But 253 at $70m? No way. Even if it were true it would be more evidence of his incompetence (a competent person would not have hundreds of incompetent contractors working on the biggest project he has ever done).

Wasn't this part of the bankruptcy? Not a case of contractors not being paid because of a "terrible job".
 
Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
None of what you said about him is real.

That's true.

That's true as well. You need to understand HOW he does that. He screws everyone in his path. Not appropriate behavior for the President.

Who cares if he inspects it?

I'm sure he does say it. He also contradicts himself, saying that the project came out "tremendously" and then when it comes time to pay up, he uses that as one of his excuses to not pay up.

That part is a flat-out lie. He stiffs people who did everything AND MORE.



They're not cut and dry to Trump and his legion of half-wits. To the rest of the world, they are.

So you no longer say "none of what you say about him is real"


That part is a flat-out lie. He stiffs people who did everything AND MORE.
That has nothing to do with my statement that
"some of the times the person who wasn't paid in full did not fulfill the contract?"

They're not cut and dry to Trump and his legion of half-wits. To the rest of the world, they are.
I would think anyone who has much real world experience in business would know that many times these disputes are not cut and dried?

Don't think I am saying I don't believe all deserving contractors have been paid Trump's businesses. I am sure it has happened that some have been cheated. Whether or not this was done with his knowledge and approval I am not sure of.
 
Leftist want to encourage young men to use as many women as they can and somehow this leads to the BS above?
See if you can get your mind out of the past, none of that is accepted or even expected, I'm 43 and I've never seen that attitude towards women in my entire life.

You've got to love the irony of a comment meant to point out the sexism in others itself being steeped in sexism.
 
Don't think I am saying I don't believe all deserving contractors have been paid Trump's businesses. I am sure it has happened that some have been cheated. Whether or not this was done with his knowledge and approval I am not sure of.
Oh, **** that noise. You don't get to claim to be in charge of everything, claim all the credit for [what you consider] the good, take the profits for yourself, and then disclaim responsibility for the ****** business practices of the company that you own.

You have no reasonable arguments here. All you have are pitiful, soulless excuses for planning to vote for someone you know, beyond a doubt is human garbage.
 
Last edited:
Wasn't this part of the bankruptcy? Not a case of contractors not being paid because of a "terrible job".
It seems to me that if you hire someone as a contractor,
you should pay them soon after they finish the job. At least if you care about doing the right thing. The Taj Mahal opened in April 1990, and went bankrupt in July 1991. If these contractors became part of the bankruptcy, it would have been the result of Donald still not paying them over a year later.
 
I think you're very confused. Passthrough refers to how his company is taxed, not to how liability for debts (or anything else) is treated. Didn't you have to learn about this stuff in law school?

If you set it up right you insulate yourself from both. A business chooses how it will be taxed and how the liability will flow. This is an example of when they are closely related. Yes, it was covered a bit in law school.

Yup, he learned his lesson. I think he's been a pretty good businessman ever since.

He thinks he was a good businessman then. he thinks he can use the same business acumen to run our country.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom