sunmaster14
Penultimate Amazing
- Joined
- Feb 24, 2014
- Messages
- 10,017
Making it a passthrough is a choice, though. No need for this to show up on your personal return unless you choose to take the losses personally or your creditors have forced you to take the debt on personally. If a business is doing halfway decent the debt is never personally guaranteed. But if the business is sketchy . . .
I think you're very confused. Passthrough refers to how his company is taxed, not to how liability for debts (or anything else) is treated. Didn't you have to learn about this stuff in law school?
And didn't he write the book on how to use other people's money and never take on personal debt? I guess that is something he learned in 1990.
Yup, he learned his lesson. I think he's been a pretty good businessman ever since.
